don't click here

Discotek Licenses Japanese Sonic X!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by KingOfBunnies, Oct 25, 2022.

1. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

2. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Pretty cool! I might actually pick this one up, I've been meaning to rewatch Sonic X for a while now, and this will be the perfect (legal) method to do so.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Where you at, Kushami!?

4. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

He's in the Discotek live stream right now doing Q&A with the others.

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Honestly, if I can get the Viewtiful Joe anime in full from Discotek my life would be complete.

6. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    I have been waiting for this for *SO LONG*.

7. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Looking at twitter replies, it seems that they mention in the stream that they were unable to acquire the rights to use the Off Course songs for episode 26 and 52. But I guess because TMS let the rights slip years ago. Reruns in Japan don't use them either.

EDIT: Live and Learn too. TMS doesn't use that in reruns. I guess it was said on stream. Brady will come in and clear things up though.
    EDIT 2: I was wrong. My bad. How do I do strikethrough on my first edit?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  8. I can die happy now. That's what I needed. Haven't watched Sonic X for so long and I was very upset that the one was in Netflix is just the 4kids version.

9. charcoal

charcoal

ok i changed my mind this release is automatically shit

10. Felik

Felik

I can't read. Trash please

11. Kushami

Kushami

Oldbie
    Hi.

I did it guys.

Also, Live and Learn is there.

It's just the insert songs by OFF COURSE that were not able to be included. As mentioned, on every re-airing and every home video release, they've not been there. I think most people maybe don't know about those songs since they were only in the original airings.

Does anyone know what the alternate episode 78 audio the one guy in the chat was talking about was?

Also, is there any way for me to get my username changed?

12. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Sorry, Brady. I guess that's what I get for listening to twitter and going with it when I know it sounds wrong.

13. charcoal

charcoal

It's in the account settings page https://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?account/UserNameChange. You just have to get the name change approved by a mod, which is pretty easy IIRC.

Also I'm glad Live and Learn is back, the release would've automatically belonged in the trash otherwise:V:V

14. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    Thank you for finally making this happen. You're a real one.

15. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Alt+Shift+5, at least on windows. No clue how to do it on anything else. Over on SSMB I got all excited about the 5.1 audio since it would make an uncut dub fanedit easier to produce, but it's just some that we already had for a few episodes instead of the whole series. But I can't strikethrough on mobile!

16. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

It was never gone. I just misspoke as I mentioned.

17. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Is "OFF COURSE" a band? I never even heard of the existence of these songs so I guess it's more something that you would've found on early pirates of the show the fanbase probably watched at the time, along with things like Chris turning into an anime boy from an entirely different series (Which I DID know about)

18. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Pray for my boy shilz. Living in a world without Google. Makes me shed so many tears.

19. Linkabel

Linkabel

Shame about those songs not making the cut, Kotoba ni Dekinai really adds to scene when Sonic gets defeated and returns as Super Sonic.

20. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball