don't click here

DAMN. WTF

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Fiz, Jan 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    I was playing around with Sonic 2 in Debug mode at Death Egg Zone, when it all of a sudden restarted with all screwed up graphics. I have absolutely NO idea what happened. But when I went back to Death Egg Zone, I put some boxes down, and they turned into the Spring Boxes, but acted like they were Transfer Boxes. A bunch of undescribable stuff happened after that. See for yourself.

Screenshots: http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=737860

Attached Files:

2. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    wow, seriously fucked up....

3. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    :shocked: :blink:

Erm... I want to say something which combines "wow", "weird" and "ew". How about "wewrd"?

Wewrd.

4. Timecrash

Timecrash

I, Timecrash, will knock you all down! Member
    Heh, another weird savestate. What will we find in this one?

5. Badass Cyborg

Badass Cyborg

TX
    Transferring spring boxes.... :wtf:

6. Timecrash

Timecrash

I, Timecrash, will knock you all down! Member
    Exactly.

7. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Is this in S2B or S2F? Cause if it's the final, WTF are the spring boxes STILL doing there?

8. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    It's for Sonic 2 Final.

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    You accidentally hit the F8 key and loaded a hacked savestate.

10. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    I'm sure I never hit F8...My hands were on the bottom of the keyboard the whole time. Plus, I never EVER use the F1-12 keys unless I'm in full screen mode (which I wasn't). But, meh *shrugs*.

11. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    But... er... why are the Spring boxes in S2FINAL?!?!?!

12. Quickman

Quickman

omg porjcet
    Uber wewrd.

* Quick Man goes to look for the springbox art in the ROM, but falls asleep in the doorway.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    They're not anywhere inside the ROM. The only way to make them appear is to hack the game/savestate, period.

We currently know enough info about the games to know this kind of things.

14. Quickman

Quickman

omg porjcet
    Incidentally, the very same thought occurred to me; what if these are hoaxes? It doesn't sound like something Fiz would do, but the possibility is there. Has anyone tried the file in the post?

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    It's very easy to add the graphics from the spring monitor to a Sonic 2 final savestate, anyway.

16. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    Oh no, this isn't a hoax. I have no idea what happened to get those spring monitors there. I have absolutely no idea how to hack, hex edit, import graphics or anything of that nature. :\ I'm as confused as you guys with this. The first thing I thought when I saw the spring monitors there was "What the hell? Those aren't in the final...I don't think...". I looked through some of the patterns in Genecyst, and I couldn't find anything that looked like a spring monitor tile. So I have no idea...unless my Sonic 2 ROM is hacked somehow (I got it off the SonicStuff website in the ROMs link of the General Sonic Discussion board).

17. Chronix

Chronix

I didn't think spring boxes were in S2!

18. The Wanderer

The Wanderer

Never really posted Member
    Flash Animations
    ...Alright, because this is not a hoax rom (assumably), the only other possibility is that it was a hacked savestate that she was using. What kind of savestates were you using before this Fiz, or were you using any at all?

Whatever the case, this is some of the strangest crap I've seen in awhile.

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Please read:

And with that said again...

Well, if they appear on the screen they must be in the tiles, because that's where the game takes the graphics from.

Of course it's either a savestate or a ROM hack. That's plain obvious.

20. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    Well, the day before that I was using the "this is wierd" savestate that asfddfsa (or whatever his name is now) posted a while back, but I hadn't loaded it since the day before. And It wasn't that savestate because the level select acted completely normal.

I'm going to try to explain what happened. I was in debug and level select (I don't think I had chaos emerald cheat on) and in Death Egg Zone. I was fiddling around in the big EggRobot place. I put a bunch of transfer boxes down, and hit them for no apparent reason. And of course, everything tweaked out really badly. I ended up back in the Silver Sonic battle, but it was a bit glitched up. Silver Sonic's sprite was all glitchy and so was the Robotnik Peep-hole. The Sonic sprite also was a little messed up. I started battling Silver Sonic, but the longer the battle went, the more messed up it got. So I let him kill me because it was my final life, and I figured that everything would go back to normal once I get back to the title screen: WRONG. Everything was worse. Curious, I went back the Death Egg Zone, which was all fucked up like the in the pictures I posted it. There was no platform, so I put the boxes there so I could stand on something. And low and behold, they turned into SPRING monitors. I got all excited, thinking "Wow! Maybe they did implement the spring monitors in the final!" So I made a savestate, then hit one of the boxes. It just turned out to be a transfer box with the wrong image. I fiddled around more, and went to a couple of other zones, but I couldn't tell what was going on.

I SOMEHOW got it to the special stage, and this is what I got:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.