don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Tylinos

Tylinos

Not to kill the hype train, but we kind of already found out about this in the 264 solicits last month. They listed him as the lead artist.

But yeah, it's pretty nice. His art's always fun, and he did a great job with his Mega Man issues.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    He's done work (mostly, if not only covers) for other comics like Bravest Warriors and Amazing World of Gumball as well. He's been getting around.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I suspect the added obstacle for you is that you're not American - this makes employment laws more complicated. They may well restrict their pool to Yank Deviantartists.

4. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Yeah, but then they've worked with someone from Australia, and Rafa is brasilian.
    It's not impossible.

5. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I've been nagged to apply to Archie for as long as I can remember, and to be honest I never knew where to start. I've never seen anything on their website about it. I mean...do you just find an e-mail address, send stuff, and cross your fingers? I've had the same job for almost 10 years, applying to places is something I'm not exactly in the know about. I've been sitting on an Illustration degree for five years now, but I'm in the wrong part of the country for anything pertaining to that (Augusta, GA is all medicine, sports, and sports medicine) and I've no desire to go live alone in some alien city for the next 30 years. I'm also really not the type for dull 9-5 desk/cubicle jobs.

6. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I've also always wanted to apply, though layouts, ads or lettering would be more up my alley than the actual comic artwork. But I also have never found any place to start. My guess is networking directly with individuals involved with Archie is your best bet.

7. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    From Paul Kaminski :

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    [​IMG]

http://archiecomics.stores.yahoo.net/sonicboom.html

9. Tylinos

Tylinos

It was only a matter of time.

Nice cover, and I actually like how they used the sidebar in this one. In the other books they've been doing, the sidebar's just taking up space, but here it actually looks like it fits with the cover.

10. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    By way of IGN, the first issue is getting four variants in addition to the regular cover. Have fun collectors!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/archie-to-release-sonic-boom-comic-book-series

There's also an interview with Ian and Paul Kaminski in the link. Sounds like it'll have the characters doing fun things. I like seeing the characters do fun things so I'm in.

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah it sounds like allot of what sonic X was built off of, 1 offs with little continuity and still semi related to the tv series.

Its cool, but I worry about Ian taking on 4 comics, guys not superman. and hopefully this doesn't cancel one of the on-going sonic comics (most likely universe) but thats just a minimal worry.

EDIT: According to my profile I hit 5000 posts! Huzzah!!

12. Tylinos

Tylinos

Aleah (Ian's wife, also a writer on the main Sonic book) confirmed on Bumbleking that Universe is not getting cancelled for this.

And, crazy as it sounds, Ian said not long ago that he can take on even more than he's already doing, so I think he'll be fine. The man's crazy.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    AND he still wants to do a MMX comic, fucking hell the dude is insane (in a good way not in a penders way). I hope he doesn't get massive burnout one of these days.

14. Tylinos

Tylinos

More confirmation, now from the man himself:

https://twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/489509083611807744

[quotename='Ian Flynn']To be clear: there will now be THREE ongoing Sonic books: STH, Universe AND Boom. I'm going to live and breath hedgehog.[/quote]

15. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    The man's insane, and I love him for it. The fact he can juggle four on-going series, threaten a fifth and still not seem to break a sweat is nothing short of mind-blowing.

If Sega doesn't call on Flynn to write an upcoming main-series Sonic game, there is no justice.

16. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Wonder if we'll see a crossover between the mainline series and the Boom series. Hey wait, a crossover with a TV show? Just like when they did that with Sonic Underground! Those were the good old days right guys?

...Guys?

17. Tylinos

Tylinos

Solicts are in:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And for completion's sake, the third of the Smash covers, from Mega Man #42:
    [​IMG]

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    It was also done with Sonic X.

19. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Was it? I haven't really kept up with the comic since issue 200.

20. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Speaking of the crossover, I have to wonder if the Sonic X Universe was caught up in the Genesis Wave as well. If it was, guess that means no more Chris Thronedyke.