don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Hasn't been posted here yet. Seems that Sonic Boom #11 will be the last.

https://twitter.com/ArchieComics/status/605421541422198786
    https://twitter.com/ArchieComics/status/605421650398613505

I can't remember if it was Twitter or elsewhere, but I think Ian said it wasn't due to sales or anything.

2. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    It's here, 7th post down. I wonder what's going on, if it's not SEGA or sales...

Well, it was the best of the Boomverse. I look forward to seeing new stories in Sonic Universe and where ever else they crop up.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I suspect seeing as it's a certainty that the games aren't going to proceed that they're just axing the entire Boom brand. The TV show will continue airing because they've already made all the episodes/have contractual commitments. No such thing with the comic, by the sounds, plus it's not got a long stock made up already.

4. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    But he says it's not SEGA, who would probably be the ones doing the axing. Perhaps they didn't really intend for it to last this long, they just wanted a few issues to advertise the subseries, and 11 was stretching it to bring it into the Worlds Unite event.

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    We Madonna now:
    [​IMG]

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ian you magnificent bastard. What will you think of next. Although yes Snively origin story. Idk why but I love that character for some reason.

7. David The Lurker

David The Lurker

For some mysterious reason... Administrator
    If it's not because of sales or because of SEGA...well, I have two theories. One, Boom is being killed off so Ian can work on a different fourth book, be it something videogame related or not. The other? Archie did pull their kickstarter, saying they still intend to release the new Archie-centric books, just later than originally anticipated. What if canceling the Sonic Boom book is just so they have enough money to launch one of their flagship titles? Since I have no idea how Archie's finances are, the second is just a wild guess on the negative. Maybe the artists have just refused to draw Sonic with blue arms any longer, I don't know. More ridiculous things have happened.

You neglected to mention her last name! Garnet, which is the wildly-accepted mistranslated version of Grannet, I.e. Mary Grannet, the storybook author and wife of unnamed test pilot who was nicknamed "Sonic," exploding in an attempt to break the sound barrier. Ian also said she has elements of a third character, more than likely Topaz of Sonic X fame. A trifecta of obscure female characters in the Sonicverse!

8. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Haha I actually thought that was Topaz at first until she stated her name!

9. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    StH #273

+ - So I guess Gemerl is the 'new' Shard. While it's a good concept, I'd still have preferred to see a Shard derived from the S3K 'Mecha' Sonic.  

10. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

I am the Chancellor of Clown Cars! Member
    It still doesn't fill the hole in my heart, though....

11. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    The second I made this connection I squealed. It fits so perfectly with him too! I'm [inlinespoiler]gonna miss his cannon[/inlinespoiler] but honestly it's no biggie. The only real downside for me is [inlinespoiler]he doesn't have a mouth, so you can't see his crazy expressions. Didn't stop the cover artist from giving Sonic Man a mouth, but ya know, continuity and SEGA rules probably wont have that apply to him.[/inlinespoiler] Honestly if he's just on par enough with personality and snark I'll be fine.

[inlinespoiler]Wonder how he'll act if they bring Emerl back. Also wondering if Flynn is gonna just make him a modded Emerl since that was never officially confirmed anyway.[/inlinespoiler]

12. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    [inlinespoiler]Yeah that connection always confused me. It's not like Robotnik hasn't built Emerl clones before: it wouldn't surprise me if Gemerl just turned out to be a modified E-121 Phi. Would be interesting if Flynn began teasing us with the truth, with such possibilities as E-123 Omega coming into conflict with Gemerl because "Outline matches database for Unit Model E-121 Phi units. Resorting to excessive force... no, not because I need it, because I feel like it."[/inlinespoiler]

13. Tylinos

Tylinos

Man, I'm busy for a few days when the solicits went up, and no one else posted them here while I was gone. Come on, guys. Step it up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
  15. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Scourge, eh? Wonder why that's labeled "official" unless he used that for something planned with Scourge pre-Penders (somehow doubt that, I don't think he was hired yet?) or its official because he works for Archie :p

Those glasses look even more implausible in 3D.

EDIT: Gotta say that toon render for possessed Amy actually looks kinda cool.

16. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

Literally Swimming in Privilege Banned
    Just read the Battles Issue, it was a really fun read because of all the action. 3 battles featuring 3 diverse groups of characters, this was awesome.

17. Tylinos

Tylinos

It was supposed to be used on the cover of the cancelled Best of Sonic the Hedgehog: Rivals book.

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Speaking of canceled books, were the remaining Knuckles Archives ever said to be scrapped?

19. Tylinos

Tylinos

Nothing official, but it seems pretty strongly implied.

20. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    [​IMG]

This had better not include leg days...