don't click here

Arcade nano: Sonic the Hedgehog

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    "The roms are USA 60hz and the console runs PAL 50hz. So I just need to replace all the roms with Euro 50hz versions and it should work fine."

oh sega do you forget basic things like sonic 2 pal being 50hz but ran fine due to actually being fixed, 60hz game on 50hz hardware = stupid wrong. This explains the music with the other half being the low spec sound hard/software being used.

Can't expect perfection for £9 I guess.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I wouldn't be sure of those being all the ROMs inside this thing; the Sonic 2 he posted starts at Aquatic Ruin...

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I like the way Emerald Hill sounds. :v:

4. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    The audio is pretty funky.

5. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Yeah, I don't know why but that fucked up music is strangely enjoyable to me too.

Anyone make a rom hack of fucked slow and distorted music!

also, that " jogos devworks" air hockey game was undumped untill now, isn't it? It's the first time I see it ( or any tectoy recently made game for megadrive, that is)

6. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    We had this covered in March, along with all the others
    http://segaretro.org/Arcade_Nano_Series

7. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    In any case it's definitely a lot easier on the ears than most of these clones tend to be.

I'd say I wouldn't mind getting one of their Game Gear clones, though, but I don't see why I'd bother when I have S8DS.

8. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    All real MDs (MD1, MD2, Genny3 and variations) will sound identical, only flaws there are come from analog stuff after the sound chips which ruins the sound in various ways.
    In case of these things, sound problems come from misemulation, those things all run on some ARM based SoC and emulation is toned down to run acceptably on those.