don't click here

Angry Birds Sonic Dash Epic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jun 11, 2015.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Like it or not, Sonic Dash is actually the most successful Sonic game in a long time, if not ever. So far more than 100 million people have downloaded it. It's weird how successful it has become.

2. chaoscollector

chaoscollector

I think my favourite thing about this is that loading screen image. There is literally no attempt to blend art styles or even an original render; they've just taken each games official art and stuck 'em next to each other! hahaha, its given me a good laugh if nothing else!

3. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Yes! It's very reminiscent of the old Sonic pirates. Just steal a bunch of official art and paste it together.

4. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    I haven't played Dash in ages. I've found Jump/Jump Fever and Runners to an extent more enjoyable, but I don't even play those games anymore.

I recommend you try Looney Tunes Dash which is very addictive. I've played it for countless hours.

So er, yeah, Dash isn't my cup of tea.

I'll keep waiting for SEGA to bring the other classic games to mobile (gonna be a long wait).

5. chaoscollector

chaoscollector

Spider-man unlimited is my favourite endless runner! a lot of great content and never felt I needed to pay for anything! might try out looney tunes though! never knew they had an endless runner!

6. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    I think part of me only sticks around Sonic because just to see what silliness happens next.

7. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    As soon as someone makes a knock-off kickstarted "homage" that perfectly mimics the artistry of the original games I'm out.

8. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Don't call it a knock-off, though.

9. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    See ya guys

10. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Not even close. Freedom Planet is it's own beast and is a far cry from perfectly mimicking the artistry of the original games. It's a good game but not what he's talking about.

11. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    Took the words right outta my mouth. Should've pre-empted that.

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    >August 14th, 2011

Genuinely hilarious =P

13. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    It's not a 1:1 Blonic the Porcupine game, but it scratches a lot of the itches that Sonic hasn't provided lately, and to say it doesn't seems silly to me. Personally I find crowdfunded games that follow their inspirations to a T very shameless and uncreative, so I'm not 100% on board with the idea of just making a Sonic game without the IP.

14. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    It's not like SEGA is doing anything worthwhile with it, I'd rather give my money to someone who cares.

Like I will with Freedom Planet when it comes out on Wii U, and will with anyone else who takes a respectable swing at it.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Guys is this week real? Like seriously. We get Sonic Boom 2, Mario and Sonic 5, and this. Fucking this.

What the fuck is going on over there? Like seriously Fire and Ice is the perfect name for the Sonic Boom sequel (never thought I'd say those three words in succession). They're just fucking Sonic everyday over there aren't they?

16. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    First a Boom sequel and now this. It's like Boom's failure and the restructuring process has caused to Sega start swallowing swallowing crazy pills like there is no tomorrow.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Oh, I've played Looney Tunes Dash. It was okay, certainly started off better than Dash and I liked that it had an arcade mode for a change, though it was sadly lacking an endless run mode as well. It got tiresome quickly when the criteria for clearing a stage got ridiculous and you had a lives system on top of that.

Still, it's better than Sonic Angry Birds.

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I liked the overhaul to Sonic Dash's scoring system (putting the score doubler behind the Dash seemed dumb at first, but ultimately gave you a good reason to actually use the Dash which is smarter), but this gave me enough motivation to delete the app and give myself a bit more space on my phone.

I get that this is probably a smart business decision or whatever, but man this week is really curbstomping any enthusiasm I was trying to reserve for Sonic. At least Aaron is making the Twitter a delight.

19. Oh boy. It kinda feels like they've just hit the panic button, multiple times; drunk.

Maybe we'll get Sonic The Hedgehog (2016), featuring Werehog, Princess Elise, Sticks, that Racoon from Sonic Rush Adventure and the Babylon Rogues. I can dream right?

20. Retroman

Retroman

Wat?