don't click here

Amy In Sonic 2

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by E-122-Psi, Jul 25, 2010.

1. I'd far rather see Tikal over Rouge, though I gotta say that Julie-Su is quite rad.

2. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, though admittedly it's probably only as many sprites as I'd need to make for Julie Su as well.

If I went for that you'd of course get credit and full rights to the extra sprites made.

Sorry I didn't say much about your hacks upon release by the way. I kinda took a break from here for a while after becoming a mac user and thus lost compatibility with most hacking tools. It's nice someone else kept up the character hack trend. :D

3. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Ever since I saw the Rouge in Sonic 1 hack I've felt like a Sonic 2 and/or 3 hack would be inevitable, and heck, I'd love to see a continuation.

4. Sara

Sara

Magical Catgirl Oldbie
    USA
    Tikal, Tikal! She doesn't get enough love!

5. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Sorry, I just like Rouge more than Tikal.

Although Big would let you complete Team Rose...

6. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Even worse, imagine a timeline where Ken Penders C&D's a romhack for including his characters without permission.

But yeah, +1 for Tikal for me.

7. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Putting Big into regular Sonic levels sounds like a terrible idea.

8. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

It depends. Heroes Big was fairly competent, and would actually be pretty easy enough to replicate for the most part since he is in many areas a hybrid of Amy and Knuckles' gameplay. It's just the sprite size that's the major issue there.

Actually one thing I only just noticed, the Knuckles tutorial is based around the GitHub disassembly and Pink Edition is built from the Hivebrain one. Are there major differences between the two, or is it just a case of finding the equivalent labels in each one?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  9. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I think you mean Xenowhirl. It may be difficult, since there are places in the guide that refer to specific labels, constants, and macros that only exist in the GitHub disassembly.

10. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Ah right my mistake. Mixed it up with Sonic 1.

Hmm, I might need to further research this then.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  11. Jeffery Mewtamer

Jeffery Mewtamer

Blind Bookworm Member
    Personally, for a Hack with Amy and Cream replacing Sonic and Tails, I'd rather have Tikal as the Knuckles replacement... Rouge feels more appropriate for a hack with Shadow as the Sonic replacement even if I have no idea who you could put in Tails place for a Dark Edition.

12. I did the knuckles disassembly once using GitHub. I remember getting it to work, it just took some fiddling around and finding what labels were renamed to.

13. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

The easiest choice to create would likely be Tikal, since her moveset would likely be identical to Knuckles and her sprites are also similar in structure, not to mention I have a mostly complete sheet of her ready made. The others would take much more time, however they would likely have far more innovation put into them gameplay wise.

Also I've managed to get logged in on the wiki again (forgot passwords between it and forum are separate), however by the 'don't upload your own hacks' policy, does that also forbid me adding updates to the existing page?

EDIT: Current revision is now uploaded onto the wiki.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Putting in my vote for Tikal.

15. Rrose80149

Rrose80149

Adding Tikal would be the best idea ever. Voting that in. Oh, and also, the Continue Screen freezes and glitches, and I can't seem to Press Start, A, B, and C (A, B, X, Y on Gamepad, Enter, A, S, and D on Keyboard). Plus I just got here.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  16. Joseph A. Rose

Joseph A. Rose

I vote for Tikal. She's the Best.

17. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Right now, I'm torn between Tikal or making a sheet for Big.

Tikal would likely be the easiest by far, but Big has more relevance to a Team Rose focused hack. It would obviously be a lot longer down the run if I chose Big though.

@Rrose80149 Really? I thought I'd got rid of that continue screen glitch. Is it doing it for both characters?

18. Rrose80149

Rrose80149

Yes. Here's a screenshot of it. Notice on the topleft corner of the screen?
    Sonic_2_Pink_Edition_Ver_1.3000.PNG

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Weird. What the heck is that thing?

20. Joseph A. Rose

Joseph A. Rose

i'm not Sure.