don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    Seriously though, that footage of Green Hill Zone looks breathtaking. Kind of sad that the movie is going to then quickly divert to “the real world”, or whatever we are calling this beta timeline where Biff got the almanac... I can already read the reviews, bemoaning the auspicious grand opening scene of “what should have been”, swiftly curtained by the mediocrity of a circa 2000 boilerplate children’s CGI. Ah yes, it has been a rocky road for The Blue Blue since “Sonic 2006”...

2. Flare

Flare

Yeah its sponsored by them so good press only, but this reminds me so much being a kid.
    I hope this does well. I hope kids go, like it and even love it just for him being wise cracking and fast. If it generates a buzz around this character again then I would be happy person.

It ain't going to be Pixar, but I hope its not the Emoji Movie.

And reviewers may pan it but, they did the same with Hocus Pocus and I loved that film growing up. Adult Sonic fans will be its harshest critic and I hope we can just appreciate the effort Tyson and the team he worked with to turn it around from something that would of been even more generic.
    (I'm just being soft after seeing a ton of little faces light up while watching him run about making stupid jokes)

3. The new design's a lot better, but I still can't get over the blue arms. It just looks weird to me. Everything else about the movie just looks like a typical Hollywood kids movie with Sonic slapped on it, as I expected. Seems okay, I guess, but these kinds of movies aren't really my cup of tea. Maybe I'll pirate it down the line. I just hope they don't try to push stuff from the movie into the games.

4. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    It's probably not going to be as catastrophic. I think it'll be fun, but that's it.

They probably won't. Sonic Team usually does its own thing.

5. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    One thing that's got me thinking: if Robotnik's actually from Earth, who could it be that's trying to steal Sonic's powers on his home planet?

6. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Thank the god I don’t even believe in.

We’ll need to throw our money at this now.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Why?

Still looks like a very generic movie. I don't owe the studio any money for fixing a problem that they created for themselves out of stupidity.

8. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Aside from the redesign, it looks like Tyson had input on at least one gag. Not sure if he could make any script changes, but the effort into the winks and nods will be appreciated.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Tyson stop being so good damn it. You're making everyone else look bad :V

So apparently Jim Carrey is actually not a fan of the redesign, but less for the design itself and more that caving to the fan's demands A. sets a bad precedent for future movies and B. it ruins the artistic vision that was originally planned. While I kinda see where he's coming from... yea no that design had to go.

10. Nova

Nova

He's entitled to his opinion and in almost any other case I'd probably agree with him - artistic vision is extremely important and should be protected. I think the first Sonic movie design is an exception, though. It was literally that bad.

11. 19XX

19XX

I like the new design. I'll watch it.

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

There's artistic vision, and there's being disrespectful to a license and its fans.

The original Sonic design for this movie was a train wreck. Nobody liked it regardless of their background, and the people who created Sonic publicly voiced their dismay. It had to change - no two ways about it.

13. Powpuck

Powpuck

Fang? :V

14. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Please tell me more about this so called 'artistic vision'...

Culprit is the debut trailer. :colbert: Meow?

Either way, it's over now.

15. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    There was no artistic vision with that thing, Jim.

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I think this poster illustrates nicely how blue arms don't read properly in certain situations.

17. Nova

Nova

To play Devil's Advocate, just because you think something is shit or uninspired, doesn't make it any less of an artistic vision.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I mean someone must of liked the original design right? Why else would they go forward with it? It was someone's artistic vision it was just a really shit vision. Like in almost every other instance I would agree with him, but this is not one of those instances.

19. Wafer

Wafer

Find me on Twitter instead Member
    I'm all but convinced it was a case of design-by-committee. Each component A-B tested in isolation and then combined together at the end of the assembly line. Congratulations: it's an abomination.

Then again, I'd hate to think that there's actually an individual artist out there bitter that their vision has been stomped on by millions of fans, so maybe I'm biased.

20. gamerz31w

gamerz31w

Banned
    In this interview Ryan Drummond mentioned live-action voice actor of Sonic.