don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Are they trying to "New Coke" Sonic?

2. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    I am NOT alright with this! WTF have they done to Sonic wtf. Do they purposely want to ruin him?!?

3. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    hahahaha this is fucking awful.

Thanks Sony, I hate it!

4. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Ironically this leans more towards his old design. Chubby and cute. But behind the facade of this innocent looking silhouette hides the difficult period of a video game superstar. It's neither good nor bad, but please, don't make a game out of this. Save your money, time and other resources and do something worthwhile. 20 quick and painless seconds. It's amazing, how it has all the characteristics of Sonic.

5. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Well let's see. ResetEra has had a super negative reaction comprised of the shock and dismay echoed here, everyone on Twitter are now swarming all over this making fun of it (the ResetEra thread has all the hilarious tweets and reactions) and Hirokazu Yasuhara (famed level designer of the original series) has implied he's as shocked as everyone else and also doesn't like it.

Everyone's basically either horrified or rushing to make fun of this. So nice one there Paramount.

EDIT: English version of Yasuhara's tweet here. Reaction of Japanese Sonic fans here.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    it's

it's fucking terrifying

he looks like a human

wearing a furry costume head

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Actually yea at the end of the day who's going to look the worst from all this? Sonic, Sega, or Paramount? I'd say Paramount, as Sonic seems to just be a victim of bad Hollywood trends. Other games have had awful movies (actually most video game movies based off franchises have been awful) made and they survived too, I think people can separate this trash from Sonic proper, who has enough low hanging fruit you can pick on without going to this mess.

8. Linkabel

Linkabel

Another thing that people need to understand, and it's been mentioned in this thread before, is that Sega is not funding the movie. It's Paramount that's doing that.

At most Sega just seems to be in a consultant role with Paramount having the last word the same way Marvel was with Fox or Sony.

There's even a tidbit in the IGN article that hints at it:

9. Yuzu

Yuzu

at this point i think that would actually be preferable to the monstrosity we're getting :v:

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So then yea it's basically all Paramount's fault. Hell even the logo isn't the same as the standard Sonic logo, even Sonic Boom used the traditional Sonic font for the word "SONIC."

Bizarre awful spin off it is. Can't wait to bootleg it while high :v:

11. I love the spin on the phrase 'A whole new breed of hero' - 'A whole new speed of hero' :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: u wot m8

12. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    My first impression after seeing this teaser was "Sonic Werehog: The Movie"

Good god it looks rubbish.

Eddie Lebron's furry Sonic doesn't seem so bad now XP

I bet some kids who like Sonic won't have a clue who this is. I kinda wanna show this to my nephew (who I introduced to Sonic games) and ask who he thinks this is supposed to be.

13. I really really wanna see the face. I'll be so disappointed if it's not the no muzzle separated eyes monstrosity I think it'll be

14. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Maybe im dumb but I do not get that trend why most of cartoon characters have to look hyper real to fit in real world anyway? Sonic adventure had real people and they didn't fuck up Sonic and others to fit into real world, Sonic X didn't fuck Sonic up when he entered real world. Roger Rabbit did it in 2d and character did not go off models when they were in real world, so why 3d people can't take that formula that Sonic stays like he is but with a bit texture.

Like this could have worked perfectly for 3d sonic
    [​IMG]
    Source: https://twitter.com/tomothy_s/status/904460904804347904

Or modern sonic from Unleashed etc.

15. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    I don't want to be super judgemental here. But the only ones I've seen reacting positively to the poster were a couple of furries on Twitter expressing satisfaction that Sonic's body was finally going full anthro.

So yeah. Expect the full sweaty weight of Furaffinity and e621 being thrown behind this movie in support.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya I noticed that too. The only positive reaction I've seen was from a furry

17. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

...Why did they give him thigh meat.

18. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    It's like we live in a universe where Sonic is doomed to be bad meme material.

You just know all parties involved (which wasn't Sega or Sonic Team in this case) were blissfully unaware of just what they were creating.

Well, I'm certain the SA3 facebook page will approve of this uber realistic and totally mature rendering of a cartoon hedgehog who exists to sell video games.

19. SonKnuck

SonKnuck

The Lazy Guy Oldbie
    Quebec
    DBZ Re-enactment and LPs on Youtube
    What the hell am I looking at?

Is this Dragon Ball Evolution 2?

That's what it's about to be... isn't it?

God damnit.

My inner child is crying, rolled up into a ball.

20. Flygon

Flygon

Wow, uhm...

This is awful. Grotesque, even.

This is somehow so much worse than I expected.
    I'm actually impressed how terrible this first impression is.

Of course, I'm not exactly expecting better second, third, or fourth impressions.