don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

I knew that there were multiple versions, but this is the first time I've heard of one of them having been released in 1995. That's not on the wiki either, which lists the PC version's release date as 1996. I'm guessing that's because the 1995 version wasn't released to retail?

2. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Worse than that, it's re-used from a non-Sonic SEGA property; Baku Baku Animal.

[​IMG]

3. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    One two three four,

"if it's not on the wiki, it's not common knowledge"

"the wiki is common knowledge"

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I love the boxart too and have it proudly sitting on one of my shelves. However, did you know that the exact same render of palm trees in an oasis is used on at least two other SEGA boxarts? I don't remember which games, otherwise I'd post pictures here. But it appears it was just a fairly generic piece of stock art that SEGA or at least the artist behind it liked to throw around.

Can anyone else verify this? I think that one of the games was a fighter. But I'm not 100% positive about that.

5. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Sonic Jam, PAL version.

I looked into this once.

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

That's one of them. But I'm sure it was in something else too, something that wasn't Sonic at all.

7. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Due to privacy changes made by Valve, which make owners of Steam games hidden by default, SteamSpy --a site that collects data about games published on Steam-- will soon be shutting down, since the site relied on this information made public by default to operate. Up until this point, SteamSpy was the only notable method of documenting sales data (via number of owners) for games on Steam outside PR announcements and other information (concurrent owners, active players/audience, Twitch stats, etc.) about Steam games; and the site has information about the following games released on the platform:

All Stars Racing
    Adventure DX
    Sonic 4: Episode I
    Generations
    CD 2011
    Adventure 2
    All Stars Racing Transformed
    Lost World
    Mania
    Forces

However, it must be stated that the site isn't/wasn't entirely accurate in regards to its data--for example, owners of games on SteamSpy does not make distinctions from those who bought the game at its standard/full price from those who bought the game during a sale / got it for free; SteamSpy numbers for recently-released games also fluctuate quite a bit before stabilizing. The site itself notes that ASRT had a "free weekend" in 2013 where the game could be acquired for free, so the number of total owners it has is not reliable.

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Likely due to GDPR. While it's something of a loss, I can't say I disagree with Valve doing it.

9. Xilla

Xilla

10. jbr

jbr

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    (I've uploaded both photos to the Wiki.)

12. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
  13. Kat

Kat

Oldbie
    Looks like the arm was confirmed to be moveable - glad it wasn't broken!

14. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    If it makes you feel any better:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The world has not been kind to the remains of Sega World Sydney.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Actually I saw a video related to that. Apparently that statue in the junk yard is not that statue, but instead a smaller duplicate that was from somewhere else in the park. So the big statue could exist somewhere.

So weird that they'd give Sally a statue though and not like, Tails or Knuckles or any other proper Sonic character.

16. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Sally Acorn is weird regardless of context.

Anyway as usual, while looking this up I came across something else accidentally:

[​IMG]

https://retrocdn.net/index.php?title=File:Megazone_AU_24.pdf&page=11

Ladies and gentlemen, who wants to go digging for early 90s Australian raves to see if this was an officially licensed thing?

I'm sure I could find some appropriate music.

17. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    I'm sure anyone at the park would disagree. I own a mint coke cup which actually has Sally on it as well. I think western (lol and Australia) marketing thought Sally should represent a female icon over Amy in Sega's hayday of miss-localizing everything.

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    If I remember correctly Sally was in a stage show (which no footage exist of in full apparently) at the park.

19. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Yeah, the western Sega branches had this weird thing for pushing the cartoon characters and elements, especially Sally, sometimes to the detriment of the game characters. Remember Amy's infamous name change to Princess Sally? Probably the same mentality that forced the AoStH Robotnik design into the western box arts and Sonic the Comic.

20. Asagoth

Asagoth

Behold! The mighty, the flawless, salted cod eater Member
    Portugal
    wiki stuff... and a beer... or two... or more...
    This was uploaded some minutes ago... and now I'm confused...