don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    You know what would be better?

Actually knowing why it is there.

2. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    https://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/20465-there-is-a-giant-sonic-statue-lurking-in-the-woods-in-japan-urban-legends-welcome/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-1207008

Perhaps this is risky to post, but it's 15-30 minutes from Kindai University Technical College in Nabari, Mie Prefecture. And it's by or in the mountains, off-road, and visible on Google Maps (that, or a picture has been uploaded to Google Maps).

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    To some degree I'm pretty sure we already knew that. =P

Nice that it's been found! Hopefully it gets properly documented.

4. Pengi

Pengi

"Scott" on Twitter uploaded the Sonic Adventure Navigation Guide: https://twitter.com/Scotty980_/status/979501640695910400

[​IMG]

Can anyone translate the bottom two rows of the Tornado's specs? (About the speed.) They seem more specific than the other guide.

5. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

How did this not get posted? The promised SA2 concept art was posted on the Twitter Sonic account 3 days ago. Really early Shadow and Rouge designs circa 1999:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Brainulator

Brainulator

Early Shadow looks like something that came out of Archie. Early Rouge looks cute, though.

7. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I don't think I've ever been more glad that a character got a redesign.

8. Windii

Windii

Robot Stonks Riser Member
    I like how old Rouge (Nails?) was just a punk'd up Amy with boobs and a species swap. Well, the same thing sort of applies to Shadow as well. I'm glad they developed into their own fleshed out characters.

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Huh, always assumed that "one-eyed Terios" actually had just one big eye instead of basically having one eye slashed.

10. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    We need that Sonic Adventure guide mirrored. He said, knowing full well it'll probably be me that sorts it out.

Anyway anyone up for some horrible, obsolete video formats??

[​IMG]

https://picclick.com/Video-en-Fran%C3%A7ais-Sonic-X-pour-lecteur-de-162886513126.html

There are only two facts you need to know about the "VideoNow" format. One is that Tiger Electronics was involved. The second is it was originally a portable video player that only displayed in black and white. In 2003.

11. Brainulator

Brainulator

A quick search says that somehow these discs are very prone to skipping with minimal effort ("you know, for kids!") and have less storage than a CD (i.e. half an hour of video). And the same guys who put out all those cheap handhelds and the Game.com. That can't be good.

12. Pengi

Pengi

[​IMG]

Does anyone recognise the kanji in the bottom left corner?

__???

13. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    ?????

14. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    Do we know anything about the "Sega of America "Sonic Pillar" Team" yet? They're in the Special Thanks in the animation. Is this the new crew that has been put together for western development going forward?

15. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Aaron said at Twitter Sonic Pillar is the entire team in SEGA US who works primarily on Sonic so... that is?

https://twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/979792861095866368

16. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    More confirmation that the "everyone mistaking Sonic as Shadow" plotpoint was likely from super early in development and they for some reason never bothered to change it

17. Pengi

Pengi

Thanks for that! :)

-----

So here's something I've noticed, not sure if it's been brought up before.

It's been noted that the Sonic 1 final boss concept art has more in common with the Master System and Game Gear versions' Sky Base Act 3 than it does the Mega Drive version's Final Zone. Well, Sky Base Act 3 (Master System) has some unused gun turrets that look very similar to those in the concept art.

These unused tiles are old news of course, but I haven't seen anyone remark upon their similarity to the concept art.

It makes me wonder how many other Sonic 1 8-bit features are scrapped ideas from the 16-bit version.

18. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
  19. Pengi

Pengi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8fiauZlIIk&t=23m08s

Sonic & Tails (Sonic Chaos) Game Gear version with the Master System version's Gigalopolis Zone BGM.

20. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    The song is present in the final version of the game, hidden in the sound test. I've always liked this track better than Gigapolis', so I've always wondered why they changed it. Interesting find, I wonder if that build has the master system Turquoise Hill theme still present in the game.