don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    What's with this game's level design? That Shadow stage couldn't be more obvious that it was just slapped together.

2. Its a free add on

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya I said that before I knew that in response to someone who said this would all cost like, $80.

4. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    One worrying thing here is that there's no targeting crosshair for homing attacks. Why would they disable that only for Shadow? Other than that I think this looks pretty fun! Not very smart, but still fun.

EDIT: I'm dumb, I just realised they disable the HUD for these gameplay clips.

5. We have avatars, Shadows, Speed, boosting, eggman winning, a new guy whom eggman may or may not have created, a fox with an annoying voice, silver, and some great music.

Now all I'm curious about is the length and number of stages

6. Turbohog

Turbohog

Why play as Shadow when you can play as OC in Shadow's skin?

7. That's just a costume, which is now justified due to shadow being playable. (Even though it looks silly as f***)

8. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    To what's in your spoiler, Sonic Team aren't going to suddenly decide that a silly plot element from the Game Gear games is suddenly canon, when they never acknowledge those games in even basic ways at any other point. You can forget about all that, rest assured.

9. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    Dead Tails sounds like the dumbest creepypasta type thing I've ever heard, but is it wrong that I kind of love it? I mean, Forces is basically in for a penny in for a pound at this point.

10. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    Sonic Team doesn't have it in them anymore, man. That level was atrocious, it's literally the same crates and platforms acting as a level.

11. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    I detest Shadow. But I LOVE how we have another playable character. It looks like he Sacrifices Sonic's double jump for a beefed up Homing Attack.

The fact that he'll be playable in 10 of Sonic's levels is fantastic. Seriously Sega, if you do this for more characters, I will slurp the DLC soup up and burp in satisfaction.

Yeah his own stages look like Debug Mode tier shit though. Which is why I'm glad he has some of Sonic's stages... Even though Sonic's level design isn't wowing me. But I digress.

12. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Shadow looks neat. I'm glad we're getting an older mainstay playable again. I hope this is well-recieved and leads to more playable characters in future 3D entries.

13. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    >dat level design though, fucking hell

I thought slapping crates together and calling it a level was over after Colours?

14. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Wow.
    Another main character playable in a 3D Sonic game ?
    What a time to be alive.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This all at least looks like it'll be a good base for modding. Hopefully people figure out how to play around with this. Even if the levels are lacking they all seem to play ok.

16. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    Oh yeah, just to mention it more officially than my post above, Shadow will be playable in 10 of Sonic's levels. So thankfully we can put Shadow in some not-quite-as-horrible level design.

Assuming the main trio has even stages, I guess this confirms they'll all have 10+ stages, plus Bosses and Tag Team levels.

17. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    *Watches Shadow's Gameplay, then reads description*

What?

Why is this DLC and not a poart of the game if it goes back into the history. What did they mean by "Team Dark?" Are we talking SA2, Sonic Heroes, or something else? From Sonic X, we all know who Rouge works for. E-123 Omega, not so much. Why must stuff like this present more questions than answers? It's cool and all that this is available eventually on PC, but what are the specs? I want to know if my laptop can handle it and run Denuvo at the same time :v:

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

From the looks of it, Modern Sonic and Your Name will be sharing levels, ala half of the extra "acts" in Colours or the optional missions in Generation. This footage of Shadow is the same GHZ shown with Modern Sonic in the Japanese story trailer and the Custom Hero at E3 (except it's now 99% crates).

The clearest example so far is Ruined City. The Custom Hero's version is the same as Modern Sonic's, just with rejigged object layouts.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JwnP9eFo-c
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKJWUqiCfJ8

19. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    Ahhh, good point. Hopefully they'll have at least SOME exclusive stages. Classic probably will at least. :v:

But seriously, is it bad that I'm actually fairly excited for this story? Like, I'm actually interested to know what happens and what will happen, I haven't felt that way about a Sonic game since I was a lad. I don't think it'll be PERFECT, and Pontac being on deck is still concerning, but... for real. Between this and the 40 dollar asking price, I think Sega/Sonic Team is seriously trying to earn our good faith back. Whether or not it's working (Hi Denuvo) is another debate entirely, but it's an attempt at least.

...Level design is still awful too.

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I was ready to write off everything about this game before. Now I'm happy to say that most of the soundtrack that we've heard so far ranges from okay to really good (Classic Sonic's music is awful though), and the story is legitimately getting me interested too. The gameplay looks utterly awful. It's completely and utter shit. But the story, contrary to what I previously expected, looks like it could actually be very good. This footage of Shadow is clearly him fighting against Infinite and Eggman. So what happens to get him on Infinite's side? I want to find out. I also want to see everything else that the story tackles, including the Phantom Ruby.