don't click here

Sonic 25th Party 2016 - San Diego

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    WOW

I'm happy.

Mainly because this probably means they're not throwing the baby out with the bathwater and actually continuing to build on the foundations of Generations gameplay-wise.

2. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Yeah, to be clear Iizuka said it was NOT a sequel, so it's definitely not Generations 2.

3. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    Fuck yeah, I love the modern boost gameplay, and was delighted where they took it in Generations. An original game using the Generations framework sounds awesome.

I'm actually shocked at how good everything was tonight. Lego Sonic looked awesome which I didn't see coming.

4. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    That was an awful reveal for project 2017. Is that really all we get after this insane amount of teasing for nearly a year?

Sonic Mania looks great. Perfect even. But that wasn't enough to float this awful, awful show.

30 second teaser of the next major is all we get??

5. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Technical mishaps and all, that was everything I wanted. I need desperately to go to bed, but all I want to do is run back and forth trying to make my feet blurry like I did when I was little.

6. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

>"This is NOT a sequel"
    >"This is a new experience"
    >Shows what is clearly Sonic Generations
    What does it mean?

7. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    Goddamn it, Sonic Team. Gens 2? Seriously?

If it weren't for Sonic Mania, I would've flipped a fucking table by now.

8. Simple. If they claim it's a sequel, they'd have to explain how the two Eggmans got out of the white void after the first game. This way, they don't have to explain continuity. They can claim it's a Generations reboot or something.

Now, the picture they had up all stream had Classic, Modern, and Boom. Wanna bet if Boom Sonic makes an appearance as well?

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    [​IMG]

Ehehehehehe

10. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

Ha! You stupid assholes actually sat through four hours for this!

11. Pengi

Pengi

Iizuka said that the game isn't a sequel and that it will be "a new experience". Yet the two Sonics thing really does bring Generations to mind. I guess it's going to be 2D stages for Classic Sonic and 3D stages for Modern Sonic again, but maybe reworking how Sonic functions in 3D? Or maybe it'll have Sonic CD style time-travel, since they've got that dark future thing going on.

However it ends up playing, it looks like they're going back to a more "serious" action movie style of story, like we had from Sonic Adventure up to Sonic Unleashed. Hopefully it'll be more competent this time around.

It's a very strange teaser.

12. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Some of those credits were so unnecessary. What the hell did you do to get thanked?

But hey, at least the two games are promising. Things are indeed on the up, clearly they are trying to make up for many shitty mistakes. It's all good.

That being said, any future events really need to be less disorganised. Especially the sound, you should have that all prepared before the stream goes live, it just seems so last-minute in places.

13. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    AHAHAHAH! YES!

This is everything I hoped it'd be, without actually thinking it was possible.

Stealth/Tax Sonic 5 (Mania) and Generations "NotSequel" 2? Yes. Please.

I know Sonic will never again be at the worldwide popularity it once held, but I hope we can finally get some decent critical recognition this time. Finally.

14. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    SERIOUSLY. After Mania was announced, I was like THAT WAS PERFECT THAT'S THE EXACT GAME I WOULD MAKE IF I COULD MAKE SUCH DECISIONS. Then I thought, "But wait, I would also do another Generations-style game." So when they SPECIFICALLY said it was the same team that did Colors and Generations, and THEN CLASSIC SONIC SHOWED UP. I was so excited I think I bruised my leg from punching it too hard. xD

15. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    Dat Sonic 2 Game Gear remix at the end though. That hit me hard, as I thought Sega tried to distance themselves from the 8 bit games. This at least gave me hope again that Sega is willing to do callbacks to the games, such as a remix or reuse one of the badniks or unique bosses the games had. Maybe even Nack the Weasel returning.

16. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Oh, hey! Everyone's coming out of hiding!

17. So, I skipped the credits. How many times did they mention Totino's in the list?

18. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    "Join the Resistance"
    FREEDOM FIGHTERS CONFIRMED OMG SATAM CROSSOVER!1!!

Seriously, though, can't wait to find out more about this. Mania looks like it'll be fun, as does the Lego Dimensions stuff.

19. Miles3298

Miles3298

I think they reached into me and grabbed (rather violently, may I add) my inner "I want another Sonic like those" childhood. While I'd be angry about you not keeping your filthy hands to yourself, man did I need this. Sonic 5 and SatAM-ish Generations-ish thing. I don't think I could have asked for anything better. I spent so long preparing for meh and got two things I didn't previously think it was even valid to hope for.

Consider me an extremely happy individual right now.

20. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    On one hand, we waited over a year for this teaser. On the other hand, it's gonna be not!Generations 2 and they'll still be polishing it up for another year and a half.

I'm not sure what to feel here.