don't click here

Sonic Lost World (PC / Wii U) Hacking & Resources

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Dario FF, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Apparently, there's mod loader out now.

2. Pokepunch

Pokepunch

UK
    A Sonic 2 Hack
    It's here: https://github.com/Radfordhound/SLW-Mod-Loader

Haven't tried it out yet though.

3. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Also, how do you repack a pac file? Also, which pac file has the object layout for the stages? I'm thinking it might be the .orc files in the set folder. To which end, how do I unpack/repack those files?

4. Skitt64

Skitt64

I believe you just drag the folder onto pacpack, like you would for unpacking.

5. Paraxade

Paraxade

The GLvl-LostWorld repo has been updated for compatibility with the PC version. Grab it here. There's a compiled build included on the repo.

6. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Just grab the whole folder?

7. Paraxade

Paraxade

Yeah, if you're an end user then you'll want to download everything except the src folder. Use the "download zip" button on the right side of the page.

I'm probably not really going to update this because I'm pretty busy lately, but if someone else wants to make some changes I'd be fine with accepting pull requests. Really though, any further development that isn't intended as a quick fix should go towards the regular SonicGLvl branch.

8. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    So, how do I go about editing a stage? The editor just closes when I choose a directory.

9. Paraxade

Paraxade

What directory did you choose? It should be one of the ones that contains all of the stage's pacs (like w1a01).

10. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I think I got. I copied the folder to a different directory. Now remember the controls..

11. Skitt64

Skitt64

How do we structure our mods for the Lost World modloader? I can't seem to get anything to work using the Generations format, even though they're listed the same way.

12. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    So, with at least semi-functional tools out now, I guess the modding can begin in earnest! Color me excited.

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I usually don't go and request mods but

Is it possible to make it so that you don't have to kick any enemies? It's the most annoying and pointless mechanic in the game.

14. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    Alternatively: Make all three attacks work on all enemies. That way you can mix it up if you want to, but you never have to.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So with editing the actstgmission lua file, you can reactivate time trial mode for levels that normally don't have it. So for example, I'm on the top of the leaderboards for the Sky Chase level, since I'm the only one who has ever completed a time trial for it. All the bonus stages have rank times, only the cube stage is impossible as the only way to beat it is to run the clock. Since there's no count down, there's no end stage. Also, it seems that by editing that lua file you can change what wisps appear in levels. They still have to be placed, but if the wisp type is, say, laser and asteroid, they should both work assuming their conditions are met (for example, it appears that asteroid doesn't work in 3D mode).

[​IMG]

Guys am I doing it right?

I want to start editing the stages but SonicGlvl crashes every time I try to save. When I reload the stage my changes are there but they won't load via the modloader.

16. Kyuu

Kyuu

Memory Access Violation Member
    Okay, god damn it, this is the third time I've tried to make this post and it isn't going through, so fuck it.

I tried looking for addresses for things like the ring counter, animal counter, lives, Sonic's status, etc. but something really weird seems to be going on - in WHZ1, I was able to narrow down 7 addresses (that I didn't write down :specialed: ) that changed alongside the ring count, but they only applied for WHZ1 and TCZ1 (didn't try anything past that).

Every value I've looked for except Sonic's X position (which I'm not sure I actually had figured out anyways - changing the address or freezing it didn't do anything) has done the same thing - it's as if the game has separate ring counters and whatnot for certain stages. Does anyone who's more technically-minded than I am have any idea what this could be about?

For what it's worth, though, I have a partial list of what I think are values for Sonic's status. I had this all written out before the post failed to go through and I can't be bothered to go get more values right now, but:

Code (Text):
    1. 2 - Standing
    2. 3 - Walking/Running
    3. 5 - Jumping
    4. 7 - Double-Jumping
    5. 47 - Level Complete?
    6. 67 - Charging Spindash
    7. 68 - Spindashing
    8. 71 - Super Sonic Dashing
    9. 123 - Level Title Card
    10. 128 - Super Sonic Transformation
    11. 129 - Super Sonic "De-Transformation"

I dunno if that'll be of any use to anyone, but there you go. :v:

EDIT: size tags

17. Paraxade

Paraxade

How do you have your directory structure set up?

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    For what my mods or Sonic Glvl?

19. Paraxade

Paraxade

Both.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ok, actually it's the same answer for both sure enough. Sonic Glvl and my mods folder are both in the Sonic Lost World folder (So C:\Program files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sonic Lost World). within the mods folder I have my "fixed edition" folder which contains the split pac files for all the levels.