don't click here

Sonic Lost World (PC / Wii U) Hacking & Resources

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Dario FF, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    I just tried the Goal ring on the Wii U version sonic just hits it and it doesn't end the level which I believe is the same. So I don't think there is an issue of objects/functions missing. (same thing with the item boxes as well.)

2. synchronizer

synchronizer

So they didn't fix the Super Sonic animations?

3. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Huh, well what's the point of it, then?

4. Kyuu

Kyuu

Memory Access Violation Member
    Is it possible that it's just not doing anything because the game's in single-player mode? I haven't actually played LW multiplayer, so I dunno how it works :v:

5. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    None of my changes seems to stick after modifying the actmissions lua file and repacking the cpk. Tried to edit out the snowball, but no go.

6. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    Gotta edit the sonic2012_patch_0.cpk

7. Paraxade

Paraxade

So on the PC version, the path2 format contains a mix of little/big endian values (most of the data is little endian and the offsets are big endian). The pac format is entirely little endian. The model format is entirely big endian.

??????

edit: scratch that - turns out I was given an incorrectly-unpacked path2 file to look at. They are entirely little endian.

8. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Wait, did you mean you tried placing it in a single player stage, or you tried playing the multiplayer mode? Because it would make sense if it didn't work in single player mode even on the Wii U. I thought you meant you just played the multiplayer mode.

9. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I honestly think every Sonic game should get a PC port. Just give us Shadow through Colors so we can mess with them. I enjoyed all of them, and there's no downside to Sega releasing them again and getting more money. Then we can tear into them. Its positive all around, and its great PR.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think it'd be great if they'd go a step further and help the modding community through giving them the proper tools to edit these games. They know they exist, why not make it easier for them to have some fun? It's extra content Sega doesn't have to pay a dime for.

11. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    If this wasn't worth the time and effort, I highly doubt this topic would have this many pages or still be on the first page.

12. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Seriously though! Just giving us the tools they use internally and leaving it a that would be incredibly helpful for modders, would be great PR, and wouldn't cost anything at all! I don't understand some of the business decisions these companies make, I swear. + - Seriously though, I want Sonic 06 on PC.  

13. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    I just assume that SEGA's hands are kind of tied in regards to modding, they're taking the safest route of never officially acknowledging it so they never have to officially endorse it or officially outlaw it. Taking a neutral stance, technically more people can be happy. There are people who support modding, but maybe SEGA's investors are not those kinds of people, or someone else is tying their hands on that front (like higher ups).

14. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Amen to that. I'd love to see what people could do with some of those games. Hell, we've already seen people mess with Unleashed on consoles, just imagine what people could do with a PC version.

15. Hey guys, this is an engineering thread, not a Sonic Discussion thread. Let's keep all the opinions about the game's quality in the Sonic Lost World thread.

16. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Ok, that's enough. This isn't a thread about Sonic '06, nor is it a "Sonic Lost World opinions" thread as Trunks said. Let's keep this on-topic now.

17. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Can the off topic posts be moved? Cleaning this topic up would be nice for those trying to keep up to date with the actual research

18. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Whoops, my bad, I thought I'd already done it. The off-topic stuff is (definitely) now in the trash.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    To segway back into the topic, here's another Classic Sonic mod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDZ4LwSx0nI

This one fits Classic's model over the regular animations, so he's a bit taller. But given the more classic nature of the poses it's not as awkward as the Modern/Classic switch in Generations.

20. Skitt64

Skitt64

Awesome! Classic Sonic looks surprisingly natural for a lot of those animations.