don't click here

Sonic Lost World (PC / Wii U) Hacking & Resources

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Dario FF, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Paraxade

Paraxade

Possibly, yeah. I don't pretend to know much about how that works, though.

2. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    It also has a dlc folder. Possibly could make use of that too.
    Edit: Looking in the "actstgmission.lua", there appears to be a wisp named "snake".

3. Skitt64

Skitt64

Any idea where we can find it?
    The DLC folder would be an interesting way of doing mods. Depending on the functionality, maybe there's possibility of a Steam Workshop for the game
    The snake wisp could be referencing the Lightning wisp, since quake from the 3DS is in there too, though never used.

4. Paraxade

Paraxade

I believe it's on the github repo for the regular SonicGLvl. Grab it from the bin folder. https://github.com/DarioSamo/libgens-sonicglvl

5. riomhaire

riomhaire

Yep it's there now and it works, cheers!

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's used in multiplayer to stun your opponent.

7. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I would be interested in whether or not the DLC functionality would let us add levels to the game, as opposed to replacing existing levels. That way, we could just install level mods and leave them there.

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Hmm, that is interesting. this game does have that going for it, the fact that actual level DLC was implemented into LW it may be able to be toyed around with and with some clever Dario-level genius tinkering be able to implement custom levels within Lost World without editing the core game like how we had to do with Generations.

But I think first things first, we fix what issues we had with this game and see if we can get the Nintendo DLC working.

9. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    So I'm trying to get to the PAC files in Lost World's .cpk but the program I'm using to try to extract all of them is giving me this:

[​IMG]

Anything I should be doing to fix this, or should I be using another program? I didn't see any dedicated tool for this in SonicGLvl's files.. so in that case should I even be asking this here?

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Use QuickBSM with this script. (Right click and download) That worked for me.

Also, the Generations hacking guide might be useful considering how similar Lost World is: https://info.sonicretro.org/SCHG:Sonic_Generations

11. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    That worked, kickin' rad. Thanks dude.

12. EDIT: Thought I had posted in a different thread...

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    EDIT: Welp, Xeal beat me to posting it

14. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    First thing I'm going to do when GVL can support SLW pc is move that 3rd red ring and put it somewhere else.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Even if the gameplay isn't fixed, at least the visuals make sense now...

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yesssss it'd beginning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDI5rEFfREE

Good things are happening.

17. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    I've been working on Unleashed Sonic with his original rig that I edited to work in Generations to get ported over to Lost World since I preferred Unleashed's animation style compared what they've been doing now. (Very lazy) I'm just about done with redoing all the new animations for it. Thankfully they use a edited Generations Skeleton so adding the animations to the Unleashed Skeleton I just have to fix rotations and positions a bit but keeps some of the main things in place that I need. Basically all I have to do is reanimating arms/hands/feet/mouth and such for it.

Figured out my issue with my Unleashed model. So if you noticed in the files there is no _r animations like brake_01_r but there is a brake_01_l apparently this game has a mirroring tool used in the game. And was messing with my model with his eyebrows.

There is an .anm file that controls speed playback for animations and assigning animations to the functions of the game. All the _R functions are lefted blanked probably has some flag to make it mirror it in the game. I guess they got lazy or did it to avoid the pac file limit.

Regarding the pac files you cannot have 4k texture files in this game. The game seems to hang when it tries to load a pac file thats over 13-14mb so we gotta fix up pacpack to split things up better since this game has no compression system to it.

[​IMG]

I looked at Sonic's skeleton in Gens/Lost World its brow names are called BrowA_L BrowA_R , Unleashed on the other hand had them named BrowA_L_LT BrowA_R_LT which are on the opposite side of his head. So the left brow bone is on his right side of his head and the other way around for the other bone. So I had this issue you see here. Apparently it ignores mirroring these bones but it wasn't for mine due to how mine were named. Which I ended up fixing to get this. (also note mirrored his mouth animation so he's not smiling now, I'll get that fixed)
    [​IMG]

And regarding the classic sonic. He has about 200 animations to do for those 20 animations he choose to use. Me and Daku have a different method of approaching Classic Sonic mod.

Also I was gonna try porting the Nintendo DLC but I have to wait on Paraxade to come up with a way to convert the Wii U orc files to PC orc files and fix the bug with pacpack somehow it won't repack these files from the DLC.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3ICnY-zpmU

Someone got one of the multiplayer levels working in the PC version. Interestingly there is a goal ring, but it doesn't seem to work. I wonder if it's because they removed it's function or if it only specifically works in 2P mode.

19. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Honestly I thought the LW model's proportions and animations looked fine (getting it is kinda why I'm messing with all of this lol), though seeing the Unleashed model and animations in LW wouldn't be bad at all.

Also that 2P map has significantly less dashpads than I remember the original version of that stage having, which only reminds me of how much I hope a dash-pad-less and somewhat faster Sonic mod is made for this game. It'd improve it by miles.

20. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I'm super excited to see what you come up with.

That's interesting, it seems like it reacts to being touched, but doesn't end the level. Maybe some hex editing could re-enable the missing functionality (not that its really worth it).