don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I wouldn't mind seeing the rest of the Mean Bean Machine cast, though I'd like them to have at least some loyalty to the originals' designs.

2. Do you think William Le Duck might have some connection with Antoine?

And speaking of ducks, where do you think Dr. Quark would fit in the comic?

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Sonic Universe #75 variant cover by Tyson Hesse, which is a homage to the Japanese Sonic CD box art:

[​IMG]

4. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    My word. it's BEAUTIFUL.

That art would make one amazing poster, in my opinion.

5. That's just amazing. Gonna make this my background now on my laptop. :v:

6. Fantastic

Fantastic

Born on an island, in the heavens. Member
    That is absolutely gorgeous, perfect for a phone background too!

7. Tylinos

Tylinos

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/19/exclusive-archie-comics-action-solicitations-for-august-2015/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Evan Stanley finally gets to write a semi-official story on Silver.

8. Super Egg

Super Egg

Master of MS Paint. Member
    Tomball, TEXAS
    Sonic 2 beta 3 hoax
    Love that combined cover, still needs to be more Viewtiful. Hopefully, this will be the last Crisis. Archie's version of Crisis of Infinite Earth's is cool and all, but I'd rather not see a Zero Hour version....

9. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Evan gets to WRITE for Silver now? Damnnn

As current SCAD students my Sequential friend and I are both proud and inspired.

That mega poster is a thing of beauty, and it's cool to see the Super Megaman and Sonic duo back (even if the wow factor of supersayan finale is a bit done), and glad to see Sonic heading to Holoska finally. interested to see what, if any, new use the Gaia keys will have outside of perhaps just unlocking the temples.

Also GODDAMN these SEGA variants are getting lazier by the submission. Look at that Pose on Boom Sonic. LOOK AT IT. It's like someone took a photo of him AS he was punching while having a really stupid smile. It's so stiff and awkward. Not to mention the hero variant for Sonic is literally just a grab from Rivals 2 (I think? I know it's reused art, might actually be from unleashed idk), and that pose for Silver just looks... lazy. Some Generations Crisis City just because, and a strange mix of annoyed and bored.

sorry for the rant, these variants are just feeling more and more soulless.

10. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

I am the Chancellor of Clown Cars! Member
    Every time I see Billy Hatcher show up, I get really curious to see how they plan on writing him.

11. Mbruno

Mbruno

Does anyone know what the heck happened to Sonic Super Special Magazine #14? Wasn't it supposed to be out a while ago?

12. Tylinos

Tylinos

No idea. Sounds like there was some stuff going on behind the scenes (Ian mentioned behind the scenes shenanigans screwing up the release order of the Origins story in it and Universe 75 and Sonic 272), but no word on exactly what it was that delayed it.

13. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

So, I just picked up the first issue of World's Unite today. Haven't read it, but I flipped through it. It looks good. I also got the first part of the twelve part connecting variant. Not sure if I should frame them once it's complete, cause I would like to show it off somewhere.

14. Tylinos

Tylinos

Preview Pages for Worlds Unite Part 2 (Sonic Boom #8) are out, and they are lovely.

http://comicsalliance.com/sonic-mega-man-worlds-unite-part-one-recap/

15. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    The artwork does look a bit odd here and there, but nothing too terrible. Loving the page with Orbot and Cubot though.

16. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Nice to see Sonic Boom is somehow keeping the comedic tone without sacrificing it for the large picture.

17. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    I find the prospect of badass action hero vs comedic 'wads hilarious. Reminds me of when InSONICnia had video game sonic and shadow go all supersayan on SatAM swatbots.

God, when Zero pulls his sword out on them I'm just like "he's gonna WRECK THEIR SHIT."

the opposite situation, where serious heroes deal with the zanyness of cartoon characters will also be fun to read. I SO want to see some characters break X and Zero's reality by doing comic book gags. God if they do that to sigma that'd be a sight.

18. Pokepunch

Pokepunch

UK
    A Sonic 2 Hack
    It's just nice to see X, Zero and Axl again. Like many people though I can't say I'm too happy with another crossover so soon after the first.

19. I was initially worried that Sticks would really be a nuisance here but that wasn't the case at all. I greatly enjoyed the dialogue between her, X, Zero, and Axl.

20. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

I am the Chancellor of Clown Cars! Member
    Fifty rings say Boom Eggman is going to end up helping the heroes save the world.