don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    0:30 makes me wonder how the game would feel if we had Generations styled level design and cameras in this game engine instead of Lost World's :S

Very cool nonetheless, though. Weird as hell but still cool.

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMfakO0jmr4

Don't know if any of you watch Johnny from BrainScratchComms in his private channel, I know Lewis/Solaris Paradox is a member here but I rarely see BSC talked about. anyways, Johnny did a review of this game, pretty much sums up how we all feel. Its informative, give it a watch!

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So, is it your job to post youtube videos that other people post? Because you do that a lot.

4. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    I mean when he's just falling through nothingness at like 0:40.
    Edit: It seems like it replaces that new falling-while-moving-forward animation from Generations (where his arms go back and legs go forward, in reference to the standard falling animation).

5. Metalsonicmk72

Metalsonicmk72

I've been dying to make this joke about one of Lost World's forgettable plot points: *spoiler'd due to size*

[​IMG]

Did anyone else think of something like this or just me...?

6. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS3txkfeFBo[/youtube]

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    EDIT: ^LOL! what the hell?! how did that happen?

I do do that allot don't I?

Well theres no rule against it and I found the video interesting. figure others might as well...

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No you're right, there is no rule against it. I'm just drunk is all. Continue good sir.

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Careful with the DWFing (Drinking While Foruming) don't want to end up saying anything you might regret later, Done that a few times ;). have a good time DS.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Haha indeed. I was tempted to recreate a topic I made years ago called Good Evening Gentlemen, where you could talk about whatever. I believe that topic just turned into a sex discussion. Regardless I did not make said topic last night

11. Barry the Nomad

Barry the Nomad

Site Staff
    Chicago
    SEGAbits
    Wrote up my review of the Wii U version

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/11/15/review-sonic-lost-world-wii-u/

For reference, I'd rate '06 an "F", Unleashed a "C+", Colors a "B+", and "Generations" an "A"

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Getting all the red rings in the 3DS version doesn't do anything. You get the extra stages, and getting all the red rings in all the extra stages unlocks a harder version of the final boss... doesn't seem worth it.

13. corneliab

corneliab

Yesterday I spent a few hours trying to speedrun act 1 in the 3DS demo. I love love love the spindash in this.

Sad about the game being a switchfest further in. I still kinda want to get it though.

14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I was actually having trouble getting the spindash to work. Do I only need to be holding the left-side trigger for it? I was trying to play the game with the right-side trigger on the whole time.

15. corneliab

corneliab

You don't need to be holding any of the triggers for the spindash- it won't make you go any faster and is a great way to cramp up your hands.

You just charge up the spin dash, let go, and immediately hold down the spin button again. As long you you don't smack into anything you can keep the spin going indefinitely.

16. I apologize if old, but I was at a Wii U kiosk and it had demos for both Lost World and Winter Olympics.

I really want to like Lost World, but bleh. I was so enamored with Sonic Generations.

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I would like to proclaim my hatred of Silent Forest 4 at this point. Played for an hour this afternoon and got nowhere, other than a bit further in the level than I've gotten before, after watching an online walkthrough and figuring out how the fuck to do the Wisp section.

The sad thing is by what people have said, it gets worse.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Are you talking about the Wii U version? What's stumping you about the Wisp section there? It's the easiest and more straightforward thing.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Sky Road 1 is fun... after that though? Kinda ranges from "eh" to "wtf"

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I didn't know you had to hit the things in the centre of the turning things. Once I knew that that bit was simple.

No, now it's just the lights-out section that's killing me, but once I die there it takes forever to get back due to the platform needed to reach that second red ring constantly killing me by missing it. The extra life you get before gives you infinite tries but FUCK.