don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So just don't play the time trials?

2. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I wonder why they didn't go with a Sonic Colors styled ranking system. It encouraged a good balance between exploration and getting through levels in an efficient amount of time. Certainly a much better solution than replacing the ranking system with a time limit. :/ I hate time limits and find its inclusion in a more exploration based Sonic game to be a baffling decision.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Sonic Color's ranking system was kind of annoying. It encouraged spamming color powers to the point where it wasn't even fun (Especially on levels with the drill). I think Unleashed had the best ranking system honestly.

And for all we know this time limit could work like Sonic Colors did. You may not die, just after the time is up you won't get any bonus.

4. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Classic Sonic has always had a 599 second-long time limit. Stop being boring.

5. Megalodon

Megalodon

Retro Grammar Sniper
    Gameplay video, but in higher quality for those who want to see.

6. Megalodon

Megalodon

Retro Grammar Sniper
    Sorry for the double post, but here is the new 3DS trailer.

7. English version of the Bosses Trailer (has some more content too ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4msH7yQl8Q

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Bad news for us Americans (That's the EU trailer).

Game is delayed until October 29th, but for some reason this only affects the US. Welp, I'm kinda pissed. Least the soundtrack will be leaked before I get the game.

Edit: upon further reflection this is prob for the best for me, I got things I need to accomplish pre nov 1, so not having this game distract me until near Halloween is a good thing, least for me

9. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    You're not the only one pissed off about this that's for sure Dark Sonic... >_< What's the point of them delaying it only here in the US, and nowhere else?

10. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    I'm not entirely pissed, but I am kinda bummed that Lost World is probably not gonna sell well due to the Wii U selling like piss and WWE 2K14 + Battlefield 4 being released on the same exact day as Sonic Lost World.

Ah, whatever. I got the 3DS version preordered, so I'm ready for this son of a bitch to be released.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    (inhale)

Meh.

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Here, have some clean 60 FPS gameplay of Sonic Lost World.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/media/34228/2/1.mp4

13. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Oh look its the intro cutscene. And windy hill act 3. Tube Tastic.

CLICKY

14. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    The more I see of this game, the more concerned I become about the new homing attack. It pretty much deadstops Sonic for the sake of a rather slow animation, and completely breaks the flow of the game. One of my favorite things about the homing attack in past games is that you didn't have to wait for it; once you use it, you're moving straight forward, none of these unnecessary high arcs, no large collections of enemies that you could just as easily jump over.

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    [​IMG]
    After Down Syndrome Sonic, we now have Broken Arm Sonic.

Polygon preview with new screenshots: http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/23/4748450/sonic-lost-world-pays-homage-to-the-series-past-while-revamping-for

16. Megalodon

Megalodon

Retro Grammar Sniper
    Honestly, I see the homing attack in this game as a slowed down and controllable version of the light speed attack. I don't mind it, to be honest, but I do miss the fast paced "press A in rapid succession" gameplay that the homing attack has brought us over the years.

17. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    So, um, Sonic never did [inlinespoiler]save those critters[/inlinespoiler] did he.

Good job Sonic.

18. JansenM

JansenM

Devon, UK
    Generations mods
  19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    That cutscene brought a smile to my face. Perfect Sonic/Eggman dynamic, Sonic not trying too hard to be cool, and being cool through actions not words. Excellent!

20. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    This game should be retitled to "Sonic Lost World: Sonic Screws Up Edition" with Sonic screwing up in every cutscene we've seen so far.