don't click here

Sonic Adventure Generations

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Dude, May 6, 2012.

1. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    That model replacement looks like shit. Stop ruining everything with your terrible are skills. That model looked like shit in RDX and looks like shit now.

2. Paraxade

Paraxade

Wouldn't it break compatibility with other character mods too? It'd probably be best to make Classic Adventure Sonic a separate download. :s

Anyhow, love the level for the most part, already gave you most of my thoughts over Skype. :P

3. Felik

Felik

Could you please reupload this somewhere where I don't have to register to download?
    Also I have to agree with Jim on this one. That Sonic model is hideous.

4. Squidgy

Squidgy

What file do I change/delete to return Sonic's boost nerfs and such to default?

I like to keep all my mods seperate. So I'd like to seperate the Boost nerf from this mod so I may use it as I wish with any other mods I choose.

5. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    The modDB download has been authorized:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/sonic-adventure-generations/downloads?sort=id-desc

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Gave this mod a whirl, it's actually quite fun. And yep, I removed that awful classic Sonic model. Most everything else though is pretty spot on. Good work people.

7. Felik

Felik

Just played the mod and must admit I'm quite impressed!
    Modern portion of the stage was very well crafted. Stage felt pretty wide-open and yet not empty. Level-design was surprisingly good unlike most if not all of the SG mods I've seen so far *cough*Sonic Melprontations*cough*. There was that wallrunning section (in SA it was right after the second half of the stage is loaded) where you (I guess) is supposed to run on vertical wall but Sonic just can't get on the wall. Please look into that section cuz it was one of the most memorable parts of original Sonic Adventure.
    Classic portion on the other hand... Well I'm pretty sure that you already got the idea that I'm not a big fan of this classic Sonic model. I get that you wanted to sort of reproduce SA's Sonic model and I appreciate that but model itself is not very good and needs if not rework but tweaks at least. Quills are too long and they are not animated so they look extremely unnatural. Color scheme is too bright to my taste. And I think his face is off but I'm not sure what's so unappealing to me in it. Level-design in classic portion is pretty boring. It's your basic jumping and autorunning. It needs some more tweaks so that it wouldn't feel so dull compared to modern level. There also was a section where you have to run left and avoid obstacles but camera is so close to Sonic that there is no other choice to get past it rather than memorization. Background of Classic section was simply gorgeous though! And you get extra points of awesomeness because it is also custom background instead of just water and sky.
    Overall it's a very good beginning! But both modern and classic (especially classic) need some serious tweaks and bugfixes.

8. synchronizer

synchronizer

Would anyone be willing to post a video of a full playthrough?

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    At the moment it is just these two:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApDIQaxu41g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvmEy2RVA3Y

10. synchronizer

synchronizer

Thanks!

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Having a cannon on the cruise ship... would have just been neater to make Sonic run into a smoke stack, silently enable a cannon launch in there, show the player the fire prompt, and when the player presses the button, Sonic's shot out of it with a cruise ship foghorn blaring. Actual ship could use more objects as well, like...

EGG PAWNS WITH LITTLE SAILOR HATS

And aside from the obvious complaint that the Dreamcast Sonic model looks atrocious and my own issue of showing a cutscene in the trailer while having the music drown it out completely (come on, man, at least kick off It Doesn't Matter as soon as the level proper starts), this looks very impressive! If you plan on continuing it, I look forward to seeing how you pull off the likes of Lost World and Windy Valley.

12. http://www.twitch.tv/thebancast/b/334348899

If you want to skip the garbage:
    Act 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pKj29ieJzw
    Act 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hjuxGgzQn8

I did a bad stream with bad commentary, but I tried it, and it was rad. Great work, guys.

13. Dissident

Dissident

Sami Member
    How do I get rid of the new Classic Sonic model and Modern's running animation? Everything aside from those is great, but I really don't want them.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Since you're putting in some custom poses, I had a thought. Maybe you could replace the animation Modern Sonic uses to look at the stages in the HUB and to look at the results screen tallying up with that pose Sonic often used in SA1 to talk to other characters (4:17 in the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE9yPDzVwvM

15. Delete Sonic.ar.00, Sonic.ar.01, Sonic.ar.02, Sonic.arl, SonicClassic.ar.00, SonicClassic.ar.01, and SonicClassic.arl from the bb3 folder, and if you want to get rid of the new S rank animation, delete SonicRankS.ar.00.

16. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    So I may end up arranging some of the hub world themes for CorvidDude, and possibly some level themes. He expressed interest in the idea and enjoyed the existing Windy Valley mix I did.

Windy Valley [White World] ~ KatamariParadox

I've also done one more unrelated White World mix...

Tropical Resort [White World] ~ KatamariParadox

I'm fairly new to music making, but I think they turned out well ^_^;

I know that White World mixes have drum intros, and I intend to add those.

17. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Do you know that both links go to the same song?

18. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Thanks, I fixed it. :)

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Really like these, especially the Windy Valley one. Nice job!

20. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Great start.

Find someone to play the chords for Tropical Resort with an acoustic guitar. I can hear it in my head, and I'm sure it would sound fantastic. As long as you don't use midi patches for it. For the love of god, don't use midi patches for it.

Otherwise, things are pretty decent for a first pass.