don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber

The sprite looks good. Better than using S3's victory pose, which is over-used (and I'm one of them =P )

EDIT: Quoted post due to page-break.

2. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Reminds me of Sonic Advance 1... that's a good thing. :)

3. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    Does anyone actually have that sprite? Just wondering.

Very nice though, when will it be available to play? (sorry if it's been out for a bit, I don't really keep up with Genesis rom hacks really)

4. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=cm1r5f2vAqo[/youtube]

It's almost done. Implemented some scrolling demos, as well as one for Shadow/Highlight. Unless anything comes up, this should be done by tomorrow.

5. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    The sprite itself is seen both unedited and with mouth edit in this post here: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=18687&st=75&p=426930&#entry426930
    Which I then tweaked slightly further for the hack XD

An old build with only sprite edits is out, but that's old and has been out for a few years. This version's not had a release yet and probably won't until I've at least done decent layouts of GHZ and have tweaked/fixed some other things. Sorry about that :v:

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    lol wut I completely forgot about making that edit to that sprite oh so long ago. Interesting stuff. Also I find it funny that I still referred to them as modern and classic Sonic even before Generation's existence.

7. UtopiaUK

UtopiaUK

Sonic 3 Resort Island
    After a long period of downtime, I have decided to return with my hack S3K A New Lease Of Life. Just a few screenshots of progress.

[​IMG]

Data Select

[​IMG]

Carnival Night Act 2 Ending

[​IMG]

The start of Flying Battery.

The plan is for act 1 to be set flying away from Carnival Night towards Icecap. Act 2 will feature the mountain background to represent Sonic getting close to the next level.

Comments and criticism welcome

8. dsrb

dsrb

If implemented well (which is not to imply that it won't be!), that'll be pretty great.

Tiddles: this is your life under pressure

9. UtopiaUK

UtopiaUK

Sonic 3 Resort Island
    It already is implemented. Just need to fix up a few more things with the zone portraits in the data select and fix up the transition from FBZ to ICZ. I will do a video once these things are completed. :)

10. Tiddles

Tiddles

Diamond Dust Tech Member
    Leicester, England
    Get in an accident and wake up in 1973
    Heck of a lot more thorough than what I'm doing with it, background-wise at least, though of course I'll make my usual excuse that I'm staying true to the original, blah blah blah, you've heard it a million times. You didn't change the zone icon though (yet)! Ha! Score 1 Tiddles!!!!! ;)

Seriously though, looks mighty fine and I look forward to seeing it in action. :)

11. UtopiaUK, these look amazing! I like how you're altering the order of the levels, as well as the palettes and such. Welcome back, too!

12. UtopiaUK

UtopiaUK

Sonic 3 Resort Island
    Hey thanks Deox

I wasn't planning on it however when I look at the icon and the level, I can see the original portrait would suit it much better. I will do that when I fix the others.

13. Tiddles

Tiddles

Diamond Dust Tech Member
    Leicester, England
    Get in an accident and wake up in 1973
    Using the original will turn out to be slightly easier anyway if it's going to be zone 5. If you haven't looked at that code yet, you'll see what I mean when you get there. :)

14. dsrb

dsrb

Cool, looking forward to it!

15. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Even though I completely disagree with this age-old concept.. I'd still play through it just for the hell of it. It looks legit, so I'm looking forward to it.

16. Oh hello there everyone! Are you ready for a preview of yet another blatant <insert character name here> in <insert Sonic game here> hack with <insert sprites or a 3d model here, depending on if the game is 2d or 3d> not even made by the creator of the hack, but just downloaded off of <insert website here, usually Spriter's Resource>, as well as being a character that very few people other than the hack maker actually like? No? Well I think you need to move along then...

[​IMG]

Look ma! I downloaded a spritesheet of one of my favorite Sonic characters off of Spriter's Resource and copy-pasted it into Sonic 1!
    I'd also like to point out that editing Sonic's graphics is suprisingly a pain in the butt...
    ...and I learned the hard way that the GHZ Badniks use Sonic's palette for some reason...

17. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Well it's one I can take off my pile. :D

Looking forward to seeing another character hack. Planning any special moves or stats for her?

You have my sympathy over pallettes, yes they are a bitch. :P

18. Well, I'm quite obviously going to base her off Knuckles when I get to ASM, but I'm not sure if she'll have any powers other than gliding and climbing. I'd better go check what Sega did for Tikal in SA2 (but I am thinking of letting her jump at full height like Sonic and Tails)...

19. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0KabjDnem8[/youtube]

20. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    If I remember rightly, she was weaker but climbed MUCH faster.