don't click here

Sonic Adventure Generations

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Dude, May 6, 2012.

1. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    This is looks really great. I think the scale is perfect, and changing it would cause a lot of problems anyway.

I agree that his arms need to be a tad lower and then it would look fine.

But anyway, great job with the level! It looks really good! Do you intend on including the Windy & Ripply part or is it going to be another act entirely?

2. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
  3. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    The main melody during the chorus is off key and the drums are a bit overused, but those are easily fixable issues of an overall nice tune.

Or was the change in melody intentional <_< >_>

4. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Working on a few tweaks to it. Here's the latest rendered WIP (which is also already outdated). Drums are being changed in the next revision.

5. Falk

Falk

I'm wondering if a complete simplification of the drums (think GHZ Classic - works with the song's bassline) and a bump to the tempo (again, think GHZ Classic) might work. It'd definitely differenciate the pacing from the modern version.

6. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
  7. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    By chance are you going to edit the Sonic model to better resemble the Adventure incarnation instead of the GEBL incarnation? Just curious, since you said this was a map pack then edited the running animation, suggest further edits then simply a map pack.

8. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash

It's coming soon, I promise!

9. pablodrago

pablodrago

BS AS
    wow finally the whale, awesome job.
    The only thing I would do is add more enemies and make more breakable objects like umbrellas and chairs. Oh I almost forgot since there is custom animations, I think Supersonic should look like Shadow, I mean the spines in the head

10. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Looks good, loved the level design. Normal Maps and some High Quality materials/textures are lacking, which gives the impression of this beeing a Nintendo 64 game (Like that Boat or the "windows" on the light house) and the water stilll looks like its radioactive. The lighting doesn't seem correct, things look too dark sometimes for a "sunny day at the beach"... Or maybe is the radioactive water tricking my mind.

Anyways, loving this project. :3

11. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    The overall darkness might be because he isn't actually using real GIA yet, he's just using shadowmaps with lightmaps with a light grey(175, 175, 175). And this does affect the overall look of stuff that is lit as well. Since he had to make some changes to the scene, rendering some real GIA is probably left for last. The real effect of rendering some proper lightmaps can have a really drastic effect on the scene.

Using full white on the other hand, would've yielded some extremely transparent shadows, which is kind of pointless. I'm pretty sure once he's absolutely sure that it's all working correctly, some really sexy lighting can be rendered.

I should mention using proper lightmaps won't have any effect on the performance he's getting now.

12. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Ah! That explains a lot. This will look like a charm once it gets proper shadows and lights.

Now they just have to do something about those low-quality materials and this will be one of the biggest gems in Sonic Hacking... Ever. :3

13. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    This is already looking SO much better than it was since the last update! I can't wait to see this taken to completion. Have you tweaked the bird-run animation? Because either I've warmed up to it, or it looks a little bit more natural. Either way, it looks better when Sonic has a bounce to his step than it does when he just goes into "cruiser" mode :)

14. KeathalKrisom

KeathalKrisom

Hey Dude, I just want to commend for a job well done looking at these pictures and videos, I like what you've done with nerfing the boost so you can't just hold it it in for the entire level, which makes me wonder if Sega should have done this in the first place and modified it depending on which part of the zone you were. - Although, I wonder if it's necessary to still have the car steering controls if you're not meant to be going fast constantly.

15. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    [​IMG]

Sorry I haven't released the first few stages yet, making a *quality* generations mod takes alot more effort than I initially thought. The normal maps aren't working correctly on this model, but it still looks kind of nice. I'll be giving it a material upgrade soon.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Niceeee a Generations styled revamped Rhinobot. Now that's classy stuff (Can finally tell what that thing is supposed to be).

17. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    As I was browsing through this thread, I was about to ask if you planned on reskinning Motorbug to be a Rhinobot, well... there's my answer. XD The hack looks awesome btw, Dude. It was great seeing how you kept all the well known moments of Emerald Coast in a true 'Generations way. And I have to say, seeing the whale made me smile. Best of luck with your continuing efforts! :)

Retro! Stop being awesome! I need sleep!

18. Wow! That's brilliant, man.

But how are you going to get the treads to move? I was working on an enemy with treads too at one stage, but I never really worked out how I was going to move them.

19. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Ohhh yeah, baby! That Rhino looks awesome!

Hey, Dude, if you need any help with the textures, stage textures or enemy textures or whatever... Let me know. ;)

20. Wowsers, this is really coming along! I like the look of everything you've done so far, and that Rhinobot is to die for.