don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. The music might be cleaned up, I don't know, but the album has three bonus tracks: Sonic Boom (The original), a Stardust Speedway cover with Jun Senoue and Cash Cash, and Sonic Boom with Crush 40 and Cash Cash. I know we've effectively had this soundtrack for 18 or so years, but I really wanted the two bonus tracks that mattered. >.>

The booklet has some cool stuff in it. I might scan it if I'm not feeling lazy.

Edit: Maybe not. Here's the album, though: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VAN4OA5V

2. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Wow, those loops are pretty lousy. Some of them are okay, but only the painfully obvious ones.

What's funny is that I had already made that Palmtree Panic loop myself ages ago! And my version sounds better, too!

3. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Thanks for another rip, Ashram.

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Interesting that they went for the US version of Stardust Speedway to remix.

Anywhoo, thanks again Ashram!

5. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I've just uploaded the new mixes of sonic boom and stardust speedway to youtube, if anyone is interested on hearing those but not in downolading the whole album, have this:

that sonic boom new mix is orgasmic.

and, of course, kudos for you ashram!

6. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Before you potentially get all "y u no do dis correctly" I should point out, the looping versions used in the game are not the same as the album tracks.

7. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Makes sense to me, seeing as the CD was handled by SEGA of Japan.

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Is the Crush 40 one the one they played at Boom?

9. Yes, but a studio version.

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hey, that terribly looped Palmtree Panic Present in the soundtrack is the same one that was used in All-Stars Racing and Sonic Generations.

Perhaps somebody could record the looping songs in this port and post them? I have faith in Taxman. =|

11. Frodo T. Baggins

Frodo T. Baggins

I, for one, am super pumped for this game, altered soundtrack or not.

The change in music doesn't bother me so long as there are no significant changes to the gameplay.

Also, the inclusion of Tails is mindblowingly sweet.

12. MastaSys

MastaSys

NOOOOOOOOOO ;_____;
    It's possible to post another mirror, please? very very please?

13. Steven M

Steven M

Seconding the request since the file was apparently deleted from Megaupload and I'm also rather looking forward to the remix.

14. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V35W2O28

Re-uploaded.

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
  16. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    As the leading authority on looped/album arrange SCD International Tracks, let's see how Sega stacked up against me. As a forenote, I wholly acknowledge that my PPZ GF sucks dick. Terrible track all around regardless.

-Nothing we haven't heard before, but a curious use of the "Woo!" to mask the edit.
    -Same as above. I'll admit this one is better than my own, but mostly because I couldn't stand listening to the track long enough and just shot it out in one go.
    -BF one is actually a pretty neat little cheese way of doing the song, and I certainly like the idea behind it. Nicely done.

-A subtle edit to the end that went nowhere with the abrupt return to the intro. Whatever energy was built up in the song gets lost there.
    -Sacrificing the original (more subdued) ending for the straight loop is a fine option. Good choice. The song is too basic to get fancy with it.
    -BF only had one way it could go without sounding stupid. They went that way, fortunately, though with a subtle edit to hide it more.

-A very subtle edit at the end of TTZ. Most people won't catch it, but it brings the song back in an acceptable style.
    -They should have just let the beat for GF play out. It works well enough on its own, so it's a shame that it copped out to a fade-intro.
    -Same deal as its present variant. A subtle edit at the end to make the loop acceptable. Not bad, as most people won't catch it.

-QQZ drops all kinetic flow the song has by going back to the opening drum line.
    -Lazy QQZ GF. Looped all awkwardly.
    -No surprise at QQZ BF. It's the only way that track can be done

-WWZ for a second had me all excited to see how they were going to handle the different beat at the end, but let me down majorly with the lazy quickfade and restart. I'd have even accepted a copout record scratch.
    -Lazy WWZ GF, though admittedly, there's not a lot to work with in this song. It's too short and repetitive.
    -Lazy WWZ BF. Not much more needs to be said.

-Lazy SSZ. Something tells me they stopped trying a long time ago since this is another fade-intro dirty arrange.
    -EXTREMELY lazy SSZ GF. You can even hear the "pop" from where the song was pasted in. Sorry, but I'm rather critical of this one as this is my favorite track of the bunch, especially with how it turned out at my hands.
    -Not much else to say for the BF. I did catch a subtle edit just before the loop.

-Nice copy-and-paste of the ending drumroll to try and lengthen it back into the intro. :specialed:
    -Lazy. This one had a pretty obvious return point, but just the usual fade out/loop job here.
    -Another one I'm critical of because this one's also my baby. Another case of ruined kinetic flow in the song. For those of you rolling your eyes at this point, I can explain this more later on if desired.

-Won't lie with the Boss music, it's all right. Still the fade-intro standard, but I cheesed it the same way too. The exception was I had the unused 510 Beta ending and was able to pull it off a little more... subtle, I guess?
    -Final Fever is the only way that song can go.
    -Special Stage is actually how I originally had it going. What changed though was that there is a four minute version of the song that was on the 510 Beta. It's probably lost to time now (officially), but I used that one to compose the new looped version.

tl;dr: It's a shame this reeked of a slap together job for a quick buck as whoever did the editing could have done a much better job. Not that I'm tooting my own horn by saying my tracks are better all around (...you know I totally am :ssh: ), but it's regretful this turned out this way.

But, I do appreciate the proper tagging of songs. It's nice to see who did what now. Also, is it just me or do the songs sound different? Higher quality, certainly, but it sounds like they were run through some sort of odd filter. Some instruments sound a little different.

Eitherway, here's hoping the ones used in the game are better.

17. MastaSys

MastaSys

18. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    Has anyone noticed on the recent videos of the XBLA and PSN versions of this that the Sonic 2 SpinDash has been implemented into this! Complete with Smoke Trails and everything!

I had to double take the video and check others that have been uploaded and it confirms it! the Sonic 2 Style SpinDash has been added to this version of Sonic CD!

19. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    Yes. This is a well established fact. This version is being built on Taxman's Retro Sonic engine. I'll let other people hammer you with JESUS WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN/

20. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    What's up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XocqXz6UH4s

U.S Soundtrack confirmed.

Stop your bitching.

>88 Miles Per Hour achievement

GOTY
    GOTY