don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    First one does not fit at all.

Second one would be better if it starts off with just sound effects as Sonic and Amy are escaping. Song should kick off once they're seen leaving the planet. The planet blasting off syncs up nicely when the drums kick in.

2. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Dammit, couldn't we have just used Sonic Boom or something? :(

3. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    It surprises me that nobody on Retro has produced an better vocal-less version of the Sonic CD intro/outtro. As said, it's not fair for Taxman to have to do it... on top of everything else. Sonic 2 on the SMS/GG managed reasonably well.

I only say this because it was mere hours before the first Sonic 4 remixes came out, and people actually like this game :v:

4. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    That's actually an interesting point. I'm normally of the opinion that "let's see you do better" is a terrible, terrible counter argument to criticism, but well...people here have time and time again actually managed to do so.

5. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Only real problem with the vocal-less version is that there's nothing to substitute the vocals.

6. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    Dunno if there's still enough time or not to suggest features, but have you guys considered implementing difficulty settings? As much as I love the game, I've always found Sonic CD a little bit too easy to beat, and just rack up lives. I'd love it if there was an option to make the game more challenging.

7. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    I'd like a "skip Wacky Workbench" button.

8. DNLeal

DNLeal

Former MMO addict Member
    Costa Rica
    Reading the archives...
    I doubt there could be any more of a challenge than adding more spikes/enemies in each level, making the time traveling being more tedious to accomplish.

And of course, we could have a:
    "No signpost at the end of the level until you've gone to the past and destroyed both Eggman's Machine and the Metal Sonic Projector in every stage now including Metallic Madness 1 and 2. Also, special stages have no time UFOs and give you 0 time stones Mode."

EDIT: My English is terrible, sorry, wanted to know if achievements were mentioned, but I got the info I wanted.

9. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    So why couldn't they use the original opening and ending themes again? I mean really. It just seems like someone tried doing "Sonic CD Opening while I play unfitting music" that old Youtube Poop fad which people still think is good...

Anyways, I'm definitely getting this on PC, even though I do own the original Windows release, though I definitely want a more "updated" version of the game. I mean this is basically Sonic CD ++ was it? But with widescreen support, Tails, and a few other little perks. Besides, maybe if this sells well enough SEGA will ask for more use of Taxman's Engine.

10. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    I'm fine with the release as it is. I'm sure someone will find a way to hack the original songs back in within a few months after the release anyway.

The guy who wrote the lyrics died, and he had the rights to them or something. Apparently Sega is too stupid to think of owning copyrights for a good portion of their songs.

I'd love to see the Genesis trilogy released like this.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    They're using the original themes, just not the lyrics.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think the real problem is that without the black guy singing with cheesy lyrics (Least he sounds black), the beginning of that song sounds realllyyyyy empty.

13. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    @Neo

Are the lyrics in that video Japanese, Engrish, or gibberish? I honestly can not tell.

14. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    But the redbook tracks in Sonic CD did use reverb. Look at the 510 special stage track to see what I mean, there is no doubt reverb in there.

Reverb is echoing, right? Or am I mistakened?

15. Speaking of music and such, my copy of the Sonic CD 20th anniversary soundtrack shipped yesterday and might get here by Tuesday at the earliest. If not then, then Wednesday, the actual release day.

16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    RIPS INCOMING.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Rips of music we've had since forever? I'm lost, what's the point beyond the Sonic Boom cover

18. Would the lyricsless versions of the opening and the ending be on the CD, since apparently SEGA doesn't have the rights to the vocals?

19. Liliam

Liliam

Oldbie
    They're probably in one of the first two (or both!), but I like to think it's the latter

20. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Do we even know what the box looks like yet?