don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Just beaten the game. I haven't had any of the problems you guys have been experiencing on the PC. How wierd.

2. Penguin

Penguin

What is the criterion for unlocking the Power Sneaker skill at the shop?

3. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    All red rings in Classic Speed Highway.

4. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    It doesn't show up in the shop. You unlock it by getting all the red rings in Speed Highway Act 1.

5. Penguin

Penguin

Ah, thanks. I just got Boardmaster, which is in my opinion the best skill.

6. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Might as well post a few actual thoughts:
    • There's so much eye candy, so much nostalgia candy, so much fan candy. It's like it was released near Halloween or something.
    • Apart from the glitch I noted above, I didn't run into any of the glitches y'all have been describing.
    • Be honest. Who wouldn't want to blare Green Hill Zone music while fighting the eater of time? Seriously.
    • Red Star Rings are deviously placed. I need to go on a hunt sometime.
    • I will note that, had I not watched so many speedruns of this game before playing it myself, I probably wouldn't've racked up five Game-Over's by the end through attempting to shortcut the game. But I definitely impressed my friends by showing considerable skill in a game I had only ever seen before. Here's a hint: First time through Green Hill Act 2? I beat my friend's best time.
    • The way I see it, most every level has something hugely memorable about them: GHZ's rolling terrain, CPZ's chemical water, SSZ's Death Egg rising, Speed Highway's building run, City Escape's board and truck sequences, Seaside Hill's bobsleds and cannons (plus Ocean Palace's rolling rocks), Crisis City's tornado, Rooftop Run's Egg Chaser chase, and Planet Wisp's lush plains in contrast with the factory.

Speaking of levels:
    • GREEN HILL: Pretty plain. But that's the fate of first levels, and it does its job well.
    • CHEMICAL PLANT: I don't have much nostalgia for this level, but it's pretty alright. Lotsa split paths.
    • SKY SANCTUARY: Favorite out of the first three. Still learning about new paths.
    • SPEED HIGHWAY: In Modern, I found myself going ? & ? & ?... in circles for the first time in ages.
    • CITY ESCAPE: The truck wasn't as awesome as I was expecting, but it's fun regardless. New lyrics!
    • SEASIDE HILL: Seen five playthroughs on Youtube. STILL managed to find a different path.
    • CRISIS CITY: That tornado's carrying endgame!
    • ROOFTOP RUN: Modern leaves much to be desired, but Classic more than fills the void.
    • PLANET WISP: Sadly ended up being my least favorite. Drop-dead beautiful, but I struggled the entire way through.

• METAL SONIC: Meh.
    • DEATH EGG ROBO: Never was really fond of this boss, but hey, it turned out to be probably my favorite! of course, now that it's a different boss entirely

• SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG: Tailgating? With the two fastest things alive, of course tailgating settles the score. Love how Shadow's flailing the entire time. Also, he gives you the yellow Emerald. He gives you that damn fourth Chaos Emerald. :v:
    • PERFECT CHAOS: Oh dear god. Love the redesign. And you know why Sonic can damage Chaos without going Super? Not only is the Boost substituting for the "bolt-of-lightning" speed, Chaos only has the one Emerald, so Perfect Chaos is drastically weaker.
    • SILVER THE HEDGEHOG: Silver indeed gets served. And he enjoys the meal. Quinton Flynn has my respect for a tolerable Silver that doesn't make me cringe. The boss fight does, though. I am in an eternal struggle to maintain Boost, and I'm losing the struggle.
    • EGG DRAGOON: This is my favorite Modern boss. Much challenge is to be had. I guess you could say SEGA figured it was time... for a change of pace. :rolleyes:
    • TIME EATER: Actually, I haven't fought the Time Eater yet. I'll get back to you on that.
    And there you have it.
    Believe me, I am wholly interested in your... shit-talking, sir.

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Six? Goodness, that's practically the entire BSC crew talking over Generations. Can't wait for the madness.

8. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    For me, personally, I don't feel like 06 is BETTER than Heroes, but I did have a HELL of a lot more fun with it. This is largely due to hype, haha. I was really, REALLY excited for Heroes back in the day, being the first main game since the Adventures and all that. The trailers looked awesome, with a throwback to more classic level design. Then the game came out, and... it just bored me. It was too complicated, not enough flow, and had some really terribly designed mechanics.

Sonic 2006, on the other hand: I'd spent a year hearing about how this was THE worst Sonic game there'd ever been. And in terms of quality, I agree. But in spite of that, I still enjoyed putting the time in to get good at it and be able to show off. You could work your way around the glitches. Plus, and I think this was a big thing... it was my first HD 360 game, and so as glitchy as the physics engine was, it still impressed me for the time.

As for where Generations ranks in terms of "best Sonic games"... I'm gonna give it a few months before I try to rank it. But I will say that I like it better than both Adventure games, and the only ones to rank above that for me are S3&K and Sonic 2.

9. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    Anyone looked on eBay at the prices for the EU Collectors Edition? I'm so pleased I pre-ordered mine (and loving it) it's double the price already.

Would be cool to start a thread where you can post your edition number (out of 12,000) so we can account for some of them.

Absolutely loving Sonic Generations, pure Sonic heaven.

My only wish is that we get more levels via DLC. Would be so cool to see some Sonic 3 levels in the mix.

10. setz

setz

Oldbie
    When I bought this game, I was worried I would be dissapointed.

However, I am not.

f yeah, this game :D

11. The only problems I have with the PC version so far is that there's some slow down when things get really mad with Modern Sonic, but apart from that (plus that's more of a Hardware issue) I'm enjoying this a lot.

12. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    Has anyone ripped the documentary disc yet?

I was gonna YouTube it if anyone's interested but if it's already been done I'll leave it be.

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    ...Documentary disc? Please show.

14. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff

The making of DVD that comes with the CE?

I've ripped it to my HD, I was going to leave it uploading to YouTube over night but I'll only do it if it hasn't been done. A quick search on YT says no but I can't really be bothered to go through this whole thread to see if someone here has done it.

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    This is the first time I've heard about this disc at all. Plus I'm American and therefore no CE obviously.

16. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff

[​IMG]

I'll upload it and post a link. Not sure if YouTube will take kindly to it so I may just stick it on Mega Upload or something.

17. Bostwick

Bostwick

Er, if he had only 1 Emerald he wouldn't BE Perfect Chaos. :v:

Rather, he'd be Chaos 1, and we never saw what Chaos 1 looked like in SA1. Only Chaos 0, 2, 3 and 6. (Unless I'm wrong here.)

Actually, now that I think of it.... do the bosses actually HAVE the Emeralds they give you or do the Emeralds just appear in the White World for you to take? If the bosses DO have them, how did they get them? If you're fighting each boss in a different time period, does that mean you're plucking one Emerald from each? Shouldn't there be like, more than one set of Emeralds coexisting at the same time!?

*melts*

18. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    I don't really thing the emeralds are canon in SG. Just a means to an end.

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Uh...Yeah we did. Eggman threw the first emerald at him and one of his arms got bigger. Then they leave. Then Knuckles fights Chaos 2, etc. Also you said Chaos 3 instead of 4.

20. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

With Chaos, we've only seen Chaos 0, 1, 2, 4, 6, and Perfect.

Also, am I the only one who had issues during the Perfect Chaos fight?