don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    The Black Eggrobos shoot rockets out of their heads. Someone on SSMB pointed this out earlier today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    Full presentation of all hub worlds:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfSUfbq-aGA[/youtube]

I hate to be Mr. Conspiracy Theorist here, but I think we may have a major clue to who the big baddie is here (or at least some event in the game). I was trying to figure out what that airship is since everything in this game is from another game but we have never seen those airships before, but I just realized that the airships in Rooftop Run are the same as the airships being built and flying around the Death Egg in the Egg Bot boss battle...

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    You mean the flying battery? :v:

4. So I heard through a friend that the new demo was out for both Xbox and PS3. Which left me with immense excitement to get home and begin downloading it. Only to my disappointment did I find out that I needed gold membership to download it. All I can say about this discovery was that my rage face was well and true. Guess I'll have to wait for payday, the same day that Sonic Generations is released. :v:

5. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    The demo is only Gold Exclusive until Tuesday (or was it Wednesday?). Also, if you haven't taken advantage of this more than twice, you can create a new XBL account and abuse the 1-month-free Gold trial membership to download them demo, or alternately, jump through some technical hoops to get the demo onto a USB card so you can transfer it to your system.

What impresses me almost as much is how many pieces of the layout are directly taken from the original layout in spite of that. The placement and order of them made most of them feel unexpected when I ran into them there, probably because my brain is telling me that THAT was supposed to be before THAT OTHER THING, and THIS wasn't supposed to come right after THAT. It's kind of like one of those surreal dreams I occasionally have where I walk through my bedroom door to find myself in the downstairs kitchen, where I just stop, blink, and go, "LOLWUT."

6. Thanks for heads up Solaris. I'll go about making the secondary profile as I've never exploited it before. :)

7. gold lightning

gold lightning

Is that a chaos emerald count I see constantly popping up in the top right there?

8. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
  9. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
    It would certainly be stupid if Sega/Sonic Team ignored classics potential for future releases, of course they could also be referring to Sonic 4: Episode 2, but to beable to buy 2 full fledged games based on Classic and Modern respectfully would certainly be awesome, lets just hope that classics isnt download only.

These previews are certainly getting me pumped up, SSZ and even Rooftop Run just look and play amazingly. One thing I noticed from the Hub World video is that you can actually move past Planet Wisp, I hope theres more beyond Egg Dragoon, like a final level before the Time Eater boss.

10. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Lol Blaze. Rush VS 06 yet again. :v:

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Something from the event at France:
    [​IMG]

12. Travelsonic

Travelsonic

Thats what happens when Sonic has to keep rescuing Tails from those ice blowers in Ice Cap Zone. :P

13. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
    Lol @ above.
    Thats just awesome, I'd soooooo keep my room cold if I could have that!

14. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

At 0:58 it kinda looks like Kuckles does his classic idle pose, which makes me pretty happy.

15. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Sonic Generations is now a compilation.

http://www.destructoid.com/original-sonic-game-unlockable-in-sonic-generations-214342.phtml

16. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    Wow, real professional editorial.

17. bolt7

bolt7

Only at Destructoid. Their edgy and "don't give a crap" attitude helps them get their followers. Admittedly, some of the stuff they have produced has been funny, but they mostly just all come off as jerks imo.

18. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    "For fuck's cunting sake" I like it!

Pretty ballsy of them to put an old Classic game with spot on physics and addictive gameplay in with a new (albeit prettier) game that doesn't.

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    In the gaming press, journalists are either "professional" and bad at it or take a piss at other "professional" journalists.

20. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    You should just be yourself 100% of the time, somebody who is being real and bringing their true selves to an article will always be more endearing than someone who is "professional".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.