don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think someone posted the PC requirements somewhere. I'll PM them to ya.

2. Zallirog

Zallirog

Uh, what were we talking about? Member
    I knew there had to be a shortcut at the bit when people normally slide under that first, well, slide part. Glad to see my intuition was not wrong.

3. Yes, speed runs! =D Good shit 1stKirby. What I want to know is, does jumping from rail to rail make you go faster in this, like in Colors? and what about the drift thing from Unleashed, Does that work as well?

4. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

None of the tricks from Unleashed work anymore. Same goes for that Rail trick.

5. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    I really hope you can turn Omochao off.

Either that or beat the crap out of him.

6. Aww, I wished they never fixed that, oh well.
    Welp, time to beat that record =P

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Is that creepy hint music at the title card screen actual music or a sound effect?

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Pretty sure it's music.

9. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    That'll be the whooshing whirling sound of the time portal you're traveling through to enter the stage, I imagine.

10. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    You're right, of course. I'm just getting caught up in how excited I am for this, and I genuinely enjoyed the demo.

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Those waiting for the PS3 demo, EU PSN will update at 4 PM GMT, which is 6 hours and 23 minutes from when this post was made.

12. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    Just tried it for myself (360 version), and they've improved on the Unleashed/Colors gameplay quite a bit (no more drift abuse, among other things). I like where this is going, ignoring the fact that GHZ is Straight Line Zone. I could practically just boost without putting any effort into turning myself ._.

13. sandwichbars

sandwichbars

Today was the first time I played as Modern. As a result of spoiling myself silly, nothing surprised me. Nothing.

I think I'm gonna cry...

14. No PC demo ? :(

Funny how there have been 679 pages in this thread =P Didn't read any of them, but I preordered it anyway, and here's the thing: I have not bought a Sonic game myself since a loooong time. Or wanted one, really. When I, after a MD childhood, discovered that Sonic still existed in 2003 when I saw SA2B in a shelf in a shop, I really did want that game. And it was awesome. And The games after that I did not really hear of, and when I got them I was more disappoint than happy (after playing them).

But, this time, I did really enjoy the trailers and screenshots. Maybe those people are doing something right for once. I know noone will care, but actually I'm getting a bit enthusiastic about this game, like I was 8 years ago.

Ciao,
    Oerg866

PS: Also, regarding the PC system requirements: I call BS. Why? Because if you can play crysis (2), and cannot play Sonic Generations with that same rig, then there is something seriously wrong.I'm still quite happy with my Radeon 4850, and if I cannot play this game (Recommended: radeon 5850), I'mma go all rage up in here =P

15. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    You and almost everybody in here. :3

16. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Which is fitting enough—just "running" through Green Hill Zone in the original, at least for the first two acts, was nearly as easy. Mind, Act 3 was a slightly different story.

Still, the level has some decent shortcuts that require precise timing to take, so it's not like it's completely mindless.

17. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Any US based sites I can pre-order I can order the PC from? GMG seems to be UK-based. It has the release date at Nov4 where US is Nov1. WHen I try to register, I have to use "dd/mm/yyyy" instead of "mm/dd/yyyy" Guess, I'll order from D2D.

18. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

Is the US even getting a hard copy of the PC version? I've only heard of it being a download title.

19. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    US is download only. EU gets a hard copy.

20. CraigRobbo

CraigRobbo

I thought Sonic was 'the fastest thing alive' however Omochao seems to do a very good job of keeping up with sonic (even when boosting) quite effortlessly...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.