don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokkan

Rokkan

both links are the same dude, fix that up

2. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    What made this section tolerable in the originals is that the blocks went all the way against the walls. This looks much more difficult this way. Unless Classic Sonic can swim now, as Modern did in Colors (gosh, I hope not).

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Site finally started working again but the shots are small. is there a place that has them in their original size? there usually if released by SEGA as press release shots there in the 5000x2000 format anywhere else its 1900x1000 format.

4. Boss battles have basically been confirmed to take place on the original level or area. I'm still wondering how this will work with the whole hub world and story. From what we know right now Sonic CD has no official zone but the Metal Sonic boss will be on Stardust Speedway. I guess the hub could world like it does on the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed with Mazuri. The hub would only have the boss battle.

5. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Fixed.

Also, I doubt there will be hub worlds for Sonic CD or anything like that, if anything it would just be what we usually get: Act 1, Act 2, and a Boss.
    Unless the description includes something like "Fight Metal Sonic in Stardust Speedway!" for the boss battles.

6. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Well, I thought of editing my post the very moment I sent it to edit in the whole Amusement Park theme of the game (Really doubt it as a coincidence), but at that moment you were reading and I thought you were about to post. Mistake on my behalf for not being more specific (ironically) and getting out what I meant to write.

I'm not certain what to make of this, especially with your evidence being undoubtedly suspicious. But whatever I'm feeling, I think it might help me look forward to playing this game again..... Possibly. The scripted ramps, set bounce heights, and rolling would still bother me with the (truly) exciting development that levels like Quartz Quadrant WILL be making their way into the game after all and that most of the other levels are mostly from the retro titles (a rather EXCELLENT decision if I might add).

7. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Oh, so THAT'S where the "Genesis Emulator" proof came in...

So... If "Genesis" is just an emulator, then that either means something else is going to have the system we're thinking about, or not... If the later, just what the heck would those red rings be collected for?! I have a stinking suspicion SEGA will pull a dick move and make the red rings unlock levels for the games they represent... >_>

8. Crazee

Crazee

As everyone knows, the lack of a major Sonic title is part of what doomed the Sega Saturn. So...what if Time Eater is Segata Sanshiro getting revenge on the blue hedgehog, for not helping his beloved console?

9. I imagine the Time Eater to be similar to Perfect Chaos mixed with Solaris for some reason. I can only see the final boss fight being similar to Sonic the hedgehog (2006)

10. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Actually, I see it being similar to two things, both for obvious reasons.
    One would be the final boss for Modern being like Solaris, but maybe with some fligh time added in for good measure, since that was basically the basis for a Super Sonic fight in the modern era. On the flip side, I'm sure Classic Sonic will get a huge dose of Doomsday Zone, the first and only Genesis Super Sonic fight.

What would be amazing in its own right, however, would be the final boss taking place in an area like the Subspace in SSBB, where you run accross a world of several fragments of the eras and levels you've visited, up to Planet Wisp or something where you defeat the Time Eater. Classic Sonic would either be Doomsdayish like mentioned previously (Nostagia anyone?), or have Super Sonic function like he would on a normal stage. That, or a mix of the two, flight mode only happening on occasion. Modern Super Sonic would probably, and moreover hopefully, take the route of Sonic Adventure and blast through the stages Pwrfect Chaos style. That would be awesome. Like, REALLY awesome!

11. Well, that's disappointing. It's not enough that they have to re-release the classics 427 times, but now they include them in this game too?
    At least, that's what I gather from a Genesis emulator being in the game.

12. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I would be genuinely amused if the Time Eater was just Solaris.

It would be like Sonic 2k6's last dying middle finger to this franchise.

13. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    A friend of mine was at San Diego Comic Con and she had some talk with SEGA employees while there. Among other things, they gave reasons for Sonic '06's botched, too early release and told her that regarding the Time Eater, she'd be "pleasantly surprised…" (An important note here might be that she's a big Mephiles fan which she told them, too… Hmmmmm…)

14. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    If they're emulating the Genesis, them why don't they EMULATE THE FUCKING GAMEPLAY?

Silly twats!

15. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    The Time Eater is Phantasy Star Online. [rimshot]

16. serpx

serpx

I wouldn't be against having to beat a classic game in order to get an Emerald. IMO, would probably be way more fun and satisfying than any kind of special stage idea they could come up with. I couldn't stand Sonic 4's special stage ... until I figured out the pause trick. :P

Also, I still bet the "Time Eater" is just classic Eggman. They could always call a character we know of as "Time Eater." FANG/NACK would be an awesome choice too. (SIGH) Would also love to see next-generation Mecha Sonic.

17. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
    We all know who the Time Eater truely is guys, its staring us straight in the face..

Sonic Retro.

18. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    There's been plenty of speculation on certain websites about the various regions of the Fandumb making up the final boss. That has the potential to be rather amusing.

19. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Yeah, I dunno. It's an odd move on Sonic Team's part by trying to recreate the Genesis style physics for Classic Sonic and then include the real deal in the same game. If anything it would make Classic's flaws even more apparent wouldn't it? Must be pretty confident in their gameplay if that's the case.

As for the emulator itself, I wouldn't mind having a set of challenges to beat within the original trilogy. Maybe for an emerald, maybe for something else. Either way it'd be a neat little addition and make it worth my time to go back and play these games for the umpteenth time.

20. That would be great if the "Genesis" wasn't just the same S1-3K, but a handful of new 16-bit acts. It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult for them to add new levels onto an already completed game(I don't know shit about making games), possibly to gain emeralds. If I wanna play the originals I'll play them on my genesis or the other 7 separate versions I have. It could even fit into the story since the time holes are obviously making sonic canon go down a little differently this time, and I would assume once the game is beaten, all things restore back to normal as if Modern Sonic never left his time. Hell I wouldn't even mind seeing a 16-bit Modern Sonic Sprite just for shits and giggles. Just a fun theory I thought of while trying to make sense of "Genesis" on that leaked levels list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.