don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    So does this mean the demo is actually an older build after all? I'm surprised there are dates listed there too, why would they be in the demo?

2. I'm okay with the level listing. I had a feeling that Sonic CD wouldn't make it in (not as a full level anyway), but otherwise I am relatively happy with the choices they've made. Can't wait to see how they look. The boss/rival thing seems like a good way to fit in characters like Silver and Shadow without having them appear arbitrarily, too.

The music ripped from the demo is pretty great too, I really dig Modern Sonic's mix of GHZ.

3. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I don't believe that these leaks are innocent anymore. :tinfoil:

4. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Now that image of icons make more sence now. They are mission icons! :specialed:

[​IMG]

There are missions referencing each image, and the character icons would be for Co-Op or VS. I wonder if the VS would be a race via Rivials, or an actual fight.

-Edit- Another thing, the list that was posted earlier listed Trials for Green Hill, City Escape, Seaside Hill, and Rooftop Run. I wonder if Sega's plan is to unlock each level for a limited amount of time.

5. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Just wondering, about how much more music can we expect from this demo? I remember reading that the entirety of City Escape was in the demo either here or at Sonic Stadium. Not trying to rush anyone, just curious.

6. Neoblast

Neoblast

And even more stuff from that file:
    Code (Text):
    1. global("MODULE_INIT",            "AppInit");
    2. global("MODULE_LOGO",            "Logo");
    3. global("MODULE_TITLE",            "Title");
    4. global("MODULE_STORY",            "Story");
    5. global("MODULE_MENU",            "Menu");
    6. global("MODULE_DEBUGMENU",        "DebugMenu");
    7. global("MODULE_PLAYABLEMENU",    "PlayableMenu");
    8. global("MODULE_STAGE",            "Stage");
    9. global("MODULE_EVENT",            "Event");
    10. global("MODULE_STAFFROLL",        "StaffRoll");
    11. global("MODULE_EXIT",            "AppExit");
    12. global("MODULE_GENESIS",        "Genesis");
    13. global("MODULE_ONLINESTAGE",    "OnlineStage");
    14. global("MODULE_NOTICEBOARD",    "NoticeBoard");
    15. global("MODULE_NOTICE_SONICT",    "NoticeSonicT");    -- ƒ\ƒjƒbƒNƒ`[ƒ€
    16. global("MODULE_NOTICE_ESRB",    "NoticeEsrb");        -- ESRBƒŒƒCƒeƒBƒ“ƒO•\Ž¦
    17. global("MODULE_NOTICE_STEREO",    "NoticeStereo");    -- —§‘ÌŽ‹Œx

7. Wow, so many people here slowing this thing down. I gotta reload the page twice to see anything.

Anyway, all this leaked stuff is awesome.

Also, why is it possible to spindash towards/away from the screen if you activate it while turning? That just seems odd.

8. synchronizer

synchronizer

Those don't look more like item monitor icons to you? Is that an electric and bubble shield?

EDIT: Never mind, you can't have an enemy item monitor. Well maybe some of them are item monitors?

9. Neoblast

Neoblast

And also in both classic and modern sonic in the LUA files there's this supersonic reference when debug is activated ( presumably )

Code (Text):
    1. &nbsp;&nbsp;<Debug>
    2. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<Category>
    3. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<Damage>
    4. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<Param>
    5. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<DebugNoDamage>false</DebugNoDamage>
    6. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<DebugNoDead>false</DebugNoDead>
    7. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<DebugNoDeadDrowning>false</DebugNoDeadDrowning>
    8. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<DebugNoDrowningImmediately>false</DebugNoDrowningImmediately>
    9. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<DebugNoFallDead>false</DebugNoFallDead>
    10. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</Param>
    11. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</Damage>
    12. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<Skill>
    13. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<Param>
    14. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<DebugSkillCancelEnabled>false</DebugSkillCancelEnabled>
    15. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<DebugSkillSpikeEndless>false</DebugSkillSpikeEndless>
    16. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<DebugSkillSuperSonic>false</DebugSkillSuperSonic>
    17. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</Param>
    18. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</Skill>
    19. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</Category>
    20. &nbsp;&nbsp;</Debug>

10. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    No, they look like icons that would be for a mission. Besides, the ingame icons do not look the same. They lack the giant circle.

On the topic of bosses and rivials, it would be smart for Sega to have them in their specific locals. I want to fight shadow on the ark, and Metal Sonic in Stardust Speedway.

11. ancara

ancara

"global("MODULE_ONLINESTAGE", "OnlineStage");"

This got my attention. some sort of online verses racing feature? I'd love to see something like that done, similar to either Sonic 2 or 3&K? Maybe players get to choose different characters to race with that all generally control the same for the most part.

Also, maybe.....just maybe.....a special 2-player-only zone that you'd race in? Think about it. I'd give my kidney for a 2-player zone from Sonic 2 (chance to gain Mystic Cave Zone here? ) or 3&K in this. :v:

12. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    In the 360, yes. In the PS3, dunno, since I didn't test it.

And that's it, kids. That's what happens when a demo is released. Everything about the final game is revealed. It reminds me of the Mortal Kombat 2011 demo, the same exact thing happened with it.

Also, 4 fucking city level tropes. I can't resonate my discontent enough.

And, holy heavens; 367 users reading this topic!

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    No long winded posts, just a smile and a nod.

You done me proud, Retro.

14. How possible is it that their level list is incomplete or that they're still adding to the game? (even if it's just one level that we don't know of)
    I think I already know the answer, but I am curious. That level list is so disappointing for a 20th celebration.

15. Neoblast

Neoblast

But is there a way for a normal ( non jtag ) xbox360 to accept the demo with those changes?

And how is it Endri? Swapping the packed files? Or editing the xml/lua ?

Any info would be really helpful :)

16. Can you provide a version with everything unlocked? So we can burn it to a dvd?

17. Tanks

Tanks

It's probably possible in the PSN version. Problem is we can't get it extracted to do the proper file swaps. I'm assuming the data we've accumulated here is from the XBL version since Jim and I were pretty much dead in the water PSN-wise.

That does not work anymore. Just pointing that out now.

18. Nix

Nix

"Watch out! It's that one guy!" Member
    0:45:88, I learned a new trick that cut down about a second. I would've probably gotten a better time if I remembered to Spindash before the last two loops.

Speed running is so damn fun.

19. Columind

Columind

Geistbox Member
    Music and Comics
    GAF are claiming that it's a very old build. Since the first playable impressions anyone had on it was the same day it was revealed, around the first days of April, we can assume that the game will go gold by late October, which would have given them about six to seven months of developing anything new seeing how the assets would have probably been in there before hand.

It could be feasible I guess but odds are it wont happen. I'm surprised they even left those assets in there, you'd figure they'd know places like Retro would expose this kind of stuff by now.

20. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    You would need a jtag or devkit unit to run it, since a retail 360 can't run unsigned code. And when you change a since bit in the container, the MD5 hash is modified, and entire RSA signature is broke, therefore not working in a retail console.

But, damn SEGA, coop Tails!? Yes! How long I've been want to see Tails tagging along with Sonic, even if just CPU controlable and only in Chemical Plant. Perhaps a second controler can control him as well? And coop Charmy... :psyduck: Vs races against Kunckles, Cream and Espio as missions were not expected. Too many NPC. Also, water, in my Chemical Plant? Too much excitement!

Also, they got the name of the shields right this time! :
    Aqua Barrier
    Thunder Barrier
    Frame Barrier (lol, engrish)

And Cassino Night Zone is DLC. The dreaded on-disc DLC scenario.

Bye bye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.