don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    >Uses ancient mound

Welp, looks like I have to use that original composition I did for Ricky Illusion after all.

2. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    This is really cool and all but if you're going to change Knuckle's sprites blue underwater, his entire body should look blue not just his red skin.

Otherwise, it seriously looks awesome.

3. Destructiox

Destructiox

Masochistic Maniac, Raving Lunatic Member
    East Midlands, England
    Sonic 1 Lunacy.

Two things., one big and one small:

1: Please keep making levels like this. This is now approaching the top of my DO WANT list rapidly.

2: The rings after the boss seemed a bit....unnecessary.

Regardless, I'm glad to see you post this update EK. Harder Levels looks incredible promising.

4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Exactly what Selbi said came to mind, the sheer glow of that flame is very pleasant! And fused with the blue gives that purple evening effect which goes well as a feeling =)

I had a few other things done like a sound driver and level draw system, but I didn't wanna throw out too much and ruin the main principles of the game itself, So have a simple title screen insted =P

[​IMG]

Yes? No?

5. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Better than what I can do.

6. Please tell me you're making a new platform game to release for the Genesis. I know there's people who like their RPGs and all but I want to see a new platformer done, ESPECIALLY with the style you're doing.

I think I see why you quit Brother Trouble now...

7. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Why yes! Platform it is! I never really got into RPGs to be honest with you.

8. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

You already know my answer, yes, yes, YYYYYYYYESSSSS!

9. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    Soooo....
    [​IMG]

Im not sure if im gonna release this to the public...
    It's still unfinished anyways :P

Btw, not a mock up, that's a real image from the hack

10. 0.o

DO IT. Every character in the Sonic series deserves at least a Sonic 1 hack.

Even Shadow.

11. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    haha thanks XD ok, I'll think about it

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I still want to see a finished like legit Metal Sonic hack that doesn't involve it just being an unfinished Sonic sprite swap

13. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    For that matter, how about a Fang/Nack as a playable character? You know with a springy tail move and using a working gun, etc. I haven't read up on how to ASM up something like that yet, but I guess it is something I should look into.

14. My brother had one that he made that had all of the frames finished, only needed some things like the Title and end animation, but it either got lost in a crash or is stuck on some drive somewhere. (It was made with Sonik Sprite, too, not with a disassembly)

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I made a pretty complete Metal Sonic sheet back in the day for a hack I never got around to finishing. I'd love to see a Metal in Sonic 1 hack with like SA2 stats: higher acceleration, slightly faster, black shield, can breathe underwater, but couldn't really roll (He could do that thing from Sonic CD though)

[​IMG]

I edited it a bit though so it used the Sonic 2 Sonic palette and had a head more based on that of Triple Trouble

16. Tidbit

Tidbit

My first attempt at hacking was actually a shadow in sonic 1 hack. Definitely do this, there aren't enough hacks with shadow in them.

17. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    ok, lets see what can I do then since is pretty much almost finished at this point, just some art needs to be replaced

18. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Cool. The title screen is looking good. It's nice to have others joining in on the ''*character* in Sonic 1" insanity. :D

Seems your sprites better fit a Metal in Sonic 2 hack (not that such a project wouldn't be equally cool). You just need a few odd extra sprites and you're set to make the whole thing (I think you just need the ending, special stage and corkscrew sprites). I've actually seen a few good Metal sheets, this one definately counting, it would be nice if a finished project came out of one of them.

Don't suppose anyone's got a good Tails Doll sheet to go with it? :v:

The problem may be that Fang/Nack sprite sheets are far more rare, I don't think a complete one for Sonic 1 exists. It's something I may try out later on if I work out how to implement certain moves as well, but I think being an expressive comical character like Fang a lot of effort would have to be put into them.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Metal Sonic and Tails Doll in Sonic 2 would be pretty awesome. Most of the sprites are based off Sonic 2 poses simply because I preferred those ones to the Sonic 1 poses (Same with the palette). Originally my hack was going to be a hack of Sonic 1 where you could play as Sonic and Metal Sonic, where Sonic's gameplay would basically be like normal, but the goal of Metal Sonic's game was to go in reverse, so you start on the last level and go back to GHZ or whatever the first zone was going to be. Also, while Sonic attacked badniks + Robotnik, Metal Sonic would have fought the little animals and Sonic's friends. I think I was going to give Metal Sonic a different health system too, where you had 3 hits before you died, while rings helped you stay underwater longer. Since Metal is a robot he doesn't need to breathe but I though that the rings could sort of protect him from prolonged water damage. Rings would also be used for the Black Shield.

Although I did not have enough technical knowledge to complete said project... and I didn't have enough motivation to finish it haha

20. dsrb

dsrb

What? Yes. Do this.

With gameplay/level alterations, that is (edit: for example, Dark Sonic, you have some decent ideas there). Don't get me wrong; I guess it's good for everyone to be able to play [their favourite character] in [otherwise almost identical game], but y'know. :P

If nothing else, someone has to hack in an epic Metal vs. Silver Sonic battle.
    This also makes me want a completed Mecha Sonic hack. :colbert: