don't click here

General Project Thread & Feedback

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by steveswede, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Is that confirmation that the alpha is EHZ and HTZ? I can't believe Canned Karma (S2HD Staff) showed up and didn't answer such a simple question. Or are the guys holding back information for the big reveal? Regardless: definitely anticipating this release. Hope it runs well on my (shit) laptop.

2. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    CN did the EHZ boss over a week when the art direction was in the process of being finalized. After that, the HTZ boss took him about two days. Both of those boss assets are complete.

As for my not answering the question, he posted it after I responded to someone else and hadn't checked back until just now. EHZ will definitely be in the alpha.

3. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Wow, I didn't even know it existed until now...

*runs*

Jokes aside I never check the main page so I didn't know about the countdown. Now I can't wait until it reaches 0, I wonder what's going to happen, maybe someone will post a new version of the HTZ tree...

4. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Sorry man. My bad. I apologise for the slightly bitchy response I gave. I've been following your work on Sonic 2 HD for about two years now and haven't seen anything of the project since that tech demo so I'm awaiting the alpha release with a certain degree of anticipation. Can't wait to see what you guys have come up with. Will be refreshing the teaser page until the timer runs down. ;)

PS. We need a new thread for when the alpha hits. Chatting about it will be half the fun.

5. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    Well, that spoils it. Show's over folks, move along now.

We can't wait to see all your reactions when the countdown ends. It marks a very special day in the ongoing story of S2HD, and you'll soon see why.

6. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    I can't wait. It ends on Sunday morning for me. iPod wallpaper, the lot. I'm VERY excited.

EDIT: *cough*

7. MaximusDM

MaximusDM

Sonic 2HD - Concept Artist Member
    They won't be using your art so you have no need to panic.

8. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    18 more hours. That's like.... tomorrow :3

9. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    I can't wait! Tomorrow morning!

I'll probably be reading the reactions on my iPod before I get to see anything.
    :thumbsup:

10. I have been refreshing the site since 5am (its now 13:47) just hoping that the timer was set wrong, so can anyone confirm that release date will be the 16th or...?

Edit: spelling mistake

11. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    For us Brits, or for people at zero Greenwich mean time, it will be available on Sunday the 16th at 6 o'clock in the morning.

12. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    1AM on Sunday? I won't be by a widescreen monitor at that time, phooey. Letterbox mode it is!

By the by, what's the local time for whoever started the countdown (assuming it's CK)? 1AM is a weird time to end the countdown, so I'm guessing it's not based on EST

13. kezzzs

kezzzs

I'm gonna laugh so hard when only 5 hi-res screenshots are released tomorrow!

14. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I think the troll is hungry :specialed:

15. thanks.. this is what I kinda suspected, been following this project for a while played the first and second tech demos even dl'd the april fools day hoax last year because I had forgotten the date, but still kinda excited to see what gets churned out tomorrow

16. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Oh, please, we are not the SEGA Of America PR people. + - Are we?  

17. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    This is truly Sonic the Hedgehog 2 HD as you imagined it!

What used to be a highly critical project could finally receive some sort of release that people have waited for. Many issues could be fixed and the haters could end up enjoying this game.

Let's see how this goes.

18. Compsense

Compsense

NC, USA
    some dance album or summat
    Can't wait! I bought a new graphics card just in time, too :3

19. kezzzs

kezzzs

Hehe - actually I'm excited to see the results tomorrow! Been following this since it started!

20. ancara

ancara

It shows 2 1/2 hours approx. to go before epic.

Hopefully the wait shall be worth it. I shall be playing whatever it released then like crazy, if only to see EHZ/HTZ in glorious HD-ness. God, could it possibly get any better?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.