don't click here

General Project Thread & Feedback

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by steveswede, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    It wouldn't be worth having a countdown if we spoiled the surprise ahead of time :)

Those who have consistently contributed valuable ideas to the project will be credited at the end.

2. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    I have a few General view questions now, just brought to my attention.

Who is expected to have a 1080p display on their PC? Also, how will downscaling be handled?

A while ago you mentioned a letterbox (crop I guess), would that include any scaling?

Seriously, 1920x1080 is huge for my monitor.

3. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Thats actually not a feature and more of a side effect of disabling hitting the bottom of the monitor to drop it.

I disabled it in my hack and they started behaving like that...

4. MaximusDM

MaximusDM

Sonic 2HD - Concept Artist Member
    Curious, why isn't there Chemical Plant Zone/Death Egg Zone topic up since staff has said that Hill Top has been taken care of. And nothing has been updated as far as projections, goals, objects to work on, ect.
    The sprites aren't even up in the database. In fact, I can't find the sprites anywhere on the internet. Sprite Resource used to have a sheet that was pretty good though it had some inaccuracies. But now all they have is this cut up jumbled mess missing tons of sprites.

5. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    My guess is they'll update this once the alpha release is out in the public.

6. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

TO is correct. That said, the concept thread is going to serve as a general one for ideas pertaining to any of the remaining zones. If there's something you have in mind now MDM, just post it there. :)

7. I have a 1080p monitor from LG. It didn't cost much at all. It's the standard size of a monitor, from what I've seen in the shops. ;)

8. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    I'm actually currently using a DELL touch, a kinda laptop.

All I ask is that there is a suitable resize thing, keeping the GRAPHICS at 4x, as I still want that experience.

9. MaximusDM

MaximusDM

I wanted to try to make the rotating floor panel using a APNG for the first time but I don't have a clean rip of the sprites. And like I said, they aren't in the database either.

10. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Here's the one I used before the project restyling. It SHOULD be correct.

[​IMG]

11. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

I ripped the sprites for CPZ. What TO put up is accurate.

12. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Funny, those sprites don't follow the game's perspective rules.

I know why, but still.

13. MaximusDM

MaximusDM

Before I put work into it, should I follow its clearly mirrored lighting scheme? Or should I have it so that as it so there is a a light source from above and when turning down it becomes in shadow?

I'll throw up my original flipping blocks as reference which would show how it would be shaded with a light source from above.
    [​IMG]

Also, twice as many frames now correct?

Edit: And what is the deal with the lights on flipping blocks and the orb on the platform. Do they randomly change colors or is it correctly reflected in the way they change in those sprites?

14. Gambit

Gambit

Sonic 2 HD Staff - Level Artist Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    I feel like 12 or 16 frames would be better than 10. Anyways, the lighting doesn't have to be reflected like it was originally, and I'm not totally sure what you're referring to with the lights. If you mean those little round lights in the round thingies at the bottom then I'm pretty sure those cycle through a couple colors.

15. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I know what he's getting at. In the sprites posted above, look at the second and fourth sprites. The light's shining from the top of the yellow thinger in the second sprite, but from the bottom in the fourth.

16. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sorry, I keep asking questions, mainly because I'm excited.

Here's another:
    Has the bridge movement been smoothed? In the tech demo it was rather bumpy.

+ - I draw'd the EHZ bridges! Mummy, look what I drew!  

17. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Yo. I know that this probably isn't the best place to ask this though I'm apprehensive of creating a new thread in the Sonic 2 HD forum. Regardless: what happens at the end of the countdown on s2hd.sonicretro.org? Will the Sonic 2 HD Alpha be released? If so does anyone know what the content will be? Will we have playable EHZ for example? If anyone knows I would appreciate being given the information.

18. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Wow, I didn't even know it existed until now...

19. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

That's why we have a news account on the main page to tell people these things. And we did. It's been there for awhile now ;)

20. ancara

ancara

Well, it's about 2 days till the big reveal.

Hopefully the wait for it will be worth it, and could possibly spark interest from other possible artists again.

The question I shall ask though before this thing comes is this:

How long did it take to fully HD-ize the EHZ and HTZ bosses, up to your standards? Just wondering, since the last I recall from the badniks and bosses thread was that the EHZ boss' drill was still being worked on and the HTZ boss was still needing work. So yeah, I'd like to have that bit of info cleared up if possible. :V

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.