don't click here

Jazwares Sonic figures

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SonikkuForever, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shihe

shihe

I'm a big fan of the 3,5 Jazware figures. (I find their size and variety to be superior to all other editions)

I've started to make my own custom figures, starting with simple recolors for now. As I grow more experienced, I'll be able to pull off some trickier sculpting stuff, but for the time being, recolors will do.

Here's what I accomplished today, bear in mind it's still unfinished. :P

[​IMG]

2. Same here, would definitively put a pre-order in a heartbeat.

Awesome, you have an account here too. :)

As for customs, I'm planning to start one as well, tough in this case the one I have in mind is making an Amy in the VF-25 pilot suit since well... you know me, love Amy and Macross. XD

3. shihe

shihe

Ah, thanks! I was wondering if you were a member as well. :D

My lineup for upcoming customs figures are (in order of difficulty)

-Silver Sonic (Sonic 2)
    -Super Mecha Sonic (Sonic 3&K)
    -Super Knuckles
    -Metal or Silver Knuckles
    -Super Tails (where am I going to get flickies...)
    -Mighty Armadillo (where things start to get interesting)
    -Nack / Fang (the most expensive of all to make, most likely)
    -Super Metal Sonic [red giant] (Knuckles Chaotix)

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

F4F have sent this email to everyone outside of the US that's ordered a Metal Sonic statue. It just clarifies what we were told yesterday about them needing to renew the Sonic license for Europe. Hopefully it all goes through.

5. I'll be shocked if they can't get the license renewed. I wonder what would prohibit them from doing so-- too high of a cost from Sega? Fingers crossed for our friends across the pond!

6. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Hopefully the license issue will be resolved. I honestly don't think First 4 Figures should have announced this Metal Sonic figure until they knew what was happening with the license - that way they could have told people for sure whether or not it's gonna be available in Europe rather than getting everyone's hopes up and potentially having to cancel a load of orders.

7. Yesterday I went to Toys R Us and as is been happening often for me at stores, all the price tags were wrong on EVERYTHING. Not individual prices on the products, but those tags that hang on the shelf where the figures go. They had 3 inch free riders figures for $10 each, is that right? I would've bought them if they were like $5 but there's no way I'm paying $10 for a 3 inch figure.

Anyone else been having this problem?

8. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    TRU suddenly decided to jack the prices on everything up to insane levels. I'm going to assume it was to take advantage of holiday shoppers and that they'll be falling in due time.

9. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    I stumbled across these great pictures of JazWares' booth at the 2011 UK Toy Fair. And I am stunned. JazWares sure knows how to make me go broke. They're celebrating Sonic's 20th in style with some of the most anticipated figures ever. The blue 'hog has evolved over the years, and JazWares pays homage by making a set of "Sonic Through Time" figures. Each figure contains a Sonic from a different design era, and is packaged in a box themed after the games that the Sonic is from. Here's a prototype of 1991 Sonic. I love the box! Green Hill Zone FTW!

[​IMG]

Now, we have the good old Dr. Robotnik, who comes with a small army of EggRobos! I never would have guessed we'd see figures of those! But if you prefer the more current Eggman, he will come with his robots from the opening cutscene of Sonic Unleashed. And what's that on the left? Modern Tails with a very Sonic 4-esque Badnik! It looks like it's from Sonic Colors, but I don't remember seeing that Badnik anywhere.
    [​IMG]

10. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Well, I know what I'll be getting for my next purchase.

Soooo freaking stoked.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Seriously? That is just beyond awesome! I wish First 4 Figures was making them so they wouldn't have those joints, but I might need to go out and get that Classic Robotnik and Eggrobo set.

Also what years did they make Sonic models off of? I happen to notice that below Classic Robotnik is a modern Robotnik with Unleashed Eggpawn set as well

Oh and that Sonic Colors Badnik can be seen a couple times in the Asteroid Coaster and maybe Aquarium Park but I'm not sure about that last one

12. I don't have enough wall space for all this awesome!

13. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    God nooooooooo.

I swore after my new Eva figure got in I would stop buying useless crap. I can't buy these. Nuh-uh.

But I want to. ;__;

14. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Robotnik and the Egg-robos are a must have, not too sure about any others though, let's hope we see some more pictures and info soon.

15. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Oh HELL yes! So glad they got the classic license. This totally ups the chance of them Making a Metal Knuckles.

Also totally buying all of those.

16. So how many different Sonic's are they going to do I wonder? The ones I'd like to see most are Sonic 3-style and Satam-style. Maybe Ass-face too, for kicks.

Other possibilites:
    Mighty and Ray pack
    Old-school Chaotix pack (If Ritz saw a to-scale Vector he'd shit his pants)
    Tails Doll (package complete with bloody knife)
    Kukuu birds from Tails Adventure
    Characters from outside the games universe (especially Satam)

17. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Is this... the first ever action figures of Retro Sonic, Retro Robotnik, and the Eggrobos?

I-I-I... Is this for real? They've finally made Retro action figures and not just figurines? FUCK, I NEED PRICE TAGS. I need to know when I can get these.

I love this list of possibilities here. Especially that last one.

The moment we get a set of Freedom Fighters, I'm laying down all of the money I would have at the moment to obtain them. No, I'm serious. Out of that list, the Freedom Fighters are the least likely candidates for action figures. JazWares better fix this injustice.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's not up to Jazwares, it's SEGA. They said no to Jazwares' suggestions of Metal Knuckles and Metal Sonic 3.0.

19. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    that classic Sonic prototype has his head on backwards.

20. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.