don't click here

Jazwares Sonic figures

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SonikkuForever, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. According to the wiki:

Hopefully some of those rejected will be accepted soon.

2. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Please, please PLEASE Tails Doll and Metal Knuckles. Mighty would be awesome too, but those other two would be even better.

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Oh my god, that would be as awesome as it is unlikely to be approved.

EDIT: Also, guys... "Rejected" means "not happening". =P

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Those would be awesome retro nods. Please happen. I command it

5. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    even if they don't happen, why not send in the demand to Sega and Sega Japan?
    (No, that's not a goof up)

6. NACK THE GOD DAMN WEASEL BETTER BE ON THAT LIST THE NEXT TIME I READ IT OR YOU'RE GOING TO BED WITHOUT DINNER, JAZWARES.

Also, I've deposited the money into your account.

7. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    SEGA, go fuck yourselves. I want a Silver Sonic, dammit.

8. Oh my God, Tails Doll? Sega are trolls for rejecting Metal Knuckles and Tails Doll. That would have been so freakin' ace.

9. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    At least for now. It's not a lost cause, because sometimes Sega changes their minds. The first time JazWares asked for permission to make a Werehog plush, Sega said no. Later on, they approved it. JazWares can be very persistent and might still be able to convince Sega if there's enough fan support out there.

10. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    They rejected Silver Sonic? FUCK

11. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Ok, I'm gonna shed some light on this list here, as I've been closely following this whole shebang.

Starting with the first two sets, which should really be one. It's not Caterkiller, but the sandworm from Sonic Colors. Whoever made this list obviously had a gander at the recent pictures. The single card Super Sonic and Super Silver have NOT been announced, but are both educated guesses. Likely based on the fact that there are single card Super Shadow's floating about right now. As for Single card chaotix, only Charmy has been announced. The other two are wishful thinking.

Speaking of bullshit, Omega needs to be moved to the "Submitted for Approval to Design Team" section, and Shade needs to be added there. To be specific, Rouge, Omega, Shade, and Mighty all have gone up that we know of, and Rouge is the only one to have definitively passed. Blaze was mentioned as being in preproduction an eternity ago (just shortly after Jet actually) and Wave JUST went into production.

Now this here rejected list, isn't exactly telling the whole story. First off, no word was EVER given on Tails Doll. Metal Knuckles was asked about, and the reason he was declined is the exact same as the comic characters: Jazwares (at the time) didn't have the rights to them. They only had the rights to the active modern cast (IE: everyone on Sonic Channel) as Sega of Japan definitively has the rights to those characters (apparently SoJ is doing the approvals alone). Silver Sonic wasn't actually Silver Sonic, but a repainted Metal Sonic. Thus he was declined as part of a "no variant" clause (which seems to have been overturned). Metal Sonic 3.0 had SEVERAL inaccuracies, and was likely declined for this reason.

That said, just because something was declined doesn't mean that's the end. A lot of factors weigh into these things, the biggest being distributing the green. I'm making an educated guess here in saying the doors for all the classic characters got busted wide open with the acquisition of the classic license. And yes, Werehog plush WAS turned down in the early parts of this line, but clearly something fell in line for it to happen.

So yeah, keep the demand up! Follow Jazwares on Facebook and Twitter if you use them, and fill out the survey on the website. As long as its there, the Powers That Be will be motivated to give in. Classic Sonic itself is a huge victory for us. The demand for that amongst the fans was HUGE. I think it probably eclipsed the demand for the comic cast!

12. I want Silver Sonic...

...from Sonic 2 Game Gear.

13. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Holy SHIT, those classic figures! It's about time we got a classic Robotnik, I was surprised First 4 Figures didn't do one for that six pack of small classic figures they released recently. I'm so buying the classic Sonic and Robotnik/Eggrobo, I just hope they get a release here in the UK (I'll have to ask my in-laws to send them to me from the States if not).

It's a shame Silver Sonic, Tails Doll and Metal Knuckles were rejected; I hope Sega reconsider.

Also:
    Oh hell yes, that would be fantastic.

14. dsrb

dsrb

Silver Sonic? Pfff.

Needs more Mecha Sonic. :colbert:

15. How much do their figures usually run for?

16. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    They're usually priced around $10-$15, I believe.

17. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    $6 to $20, depending on the size.

The Classic Sonic figure will most likely run for $10.

18. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    $10 really? Will it be available at any retailer? I'm kind of out of the Sonic loop so I have no idea.

This might have to be the first Sonic thing I purchase since Sonic 06.

19. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Not everywhere. I get mine from Toys R Us.

20. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    I have a friend who works at my local Toys R Us. I'll ask em tomorrow to keep his eyes open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.