don't click here

SEGA de-listing Sonic games with bad scores

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad

Brad

yo Member
    UK
    Good. Maybe we can put this god awful past decade behind us.

2. Flare

Flare

Could they not just keep the games but change the box art to say, "The glitchiest adventure ever" or "you think you've played shit, well you haven't played anything since THIS!"...

but yeah I understand... who would not take this move. Weird they never did this after all the negative feedback when they sold the bulk of Sonic the Hedgehog.

3. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Am I the only one reading the bolded part in the Angry Video Game Nerd's voice?

4. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Epic image. Too bad that Spindash.de website won't load for me at all. >_>

5. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Somebody wanna put up a list of all Sonic games affected by this?

6. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    Been done in America for ages. All normal Sonic games got thrown into used at GameStop ages ago. Only "New" Sonic games left are Genesis Collection & Mario & Sonic Olympics. Granted I think those are D-Listed too (as-in, we wont get in more new copies), but they're still sold as new.

7. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I still see new copies of Unleashed, Black Knight, Secret Rings, '06 (...UGH...), Rush, Rush Adventure, and fucking Sonic Genesis on the GBA at my local Wal-Mart, but some of those are most likely just older stock that nobody happens to have bought yet.

And you can still buy new copies of older Sonic games online, I think.

8. Kylegamer98

Kylegamer98

Forever Trial Member Member
    Looks like I'll have to grab a copy of The Black Knight before it stops circulating.
    I enjoyed Secret Rings, to be honest. :ssh:

9. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Damn I really want to get Sonic '06 despite the bad things that have been said about the game. I've been wanting to play it anyway, no wonder why I couldn't find it at Slackers. >.>

10. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    Maybe I'm missing something, but they never said WHICH games are being de-listed. I don't quite understand why some people are immediately getting worried over some of these games without knowing for sure what games won't be made available to stores anymore.

11. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Well, I'd like to see Sonic Unleashed stay on sale, simply because despite its slightly cheesy cutscenes and somewhat corny voice acting, it has some very good gameplay. (Day time stages especially.) I played the free demo' version on my PlayStation 3 recently and enjoyed it quite a lot. :)

I'll be amazed if SEGA decide to not remove Sonic '06 from shops. I think it's pretty certain that game is going off shelves even without any official word from SEGA. In the shops in where I live, copies of Sonic The Hedgehog '06, Sonic And The Black Night, and Sonic And The Secret Rings are only pre-owned (Huh, wonder why.... :v: ), originals are no longer being stocked. (And, as far as I can remember, have not been stocked for the past half year of 2010. I might be wrong on that, though.) What's quite funny is there's this one games shop I visit regularly, and each time I go in there I see the same two pre-owned Sonic '06 copies that I saw about 2 or 3 months ago. Is that coincidence, or do most people just not like the game, I wonder? :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's a very nice move for SEGA to do this. Even if most people wouldn't touch some of the sub-par modern Sonic games with a 10 foot iron bar, some people (Including me.) would still buy them just to see what they think of it, so pulling said games off shelves shows that SEGA is willing to sacrifice financial gain for a better company reputation, something some greedy companies wouldn't ever dream of doing.

It's about time Sonic got a fresh start with some really great games again. :)

12. Kylegamer98

Kylegamer98

Forever Trial Member Member
    Saw this at Boarders today. Yes, the bookstore.
    I have no idea if publishers are involved in putting games in the bargain bin, but if so, Sega may be trying to get rid of Unleashed. ( I saw Star Wars: The Force Unleashed down there too.)

+ - UNLEASHED LOL DO YOU GET?  
    [​IMG]
    Don't know about you guys, but when I see games being sold for a bargain at A BOOK STORE, I would think it was the end of the line.
    + - I need to start resizing these images.  

13. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    ...where do you live, because when I go to Borders there's a section just like that with those same games there. :psyduck:

14. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    No, the end of the line is when 7-11 or Rite-Aid sells them.

I haven't seen Unleashed at a 7-11 or Rite-Aid yet, but I have seen '06 at my local 7-11.

15. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Unleashed being there isn't a surprise I actually remember it already in the $15 bin at Walmart by mid 2009. Sonic 06 has been there for years as well. They were still selling new copies of 06 at least early this year, if not still.

16. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

You're talking about Unleashed, which is a two year old game now. Usually they cut things off after this time, unless they are incredibly and amazingly popular.

17. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    [LINK]

I'm starting to wonder if Sega's claim of getting rid of Sonic games with bad and mediocre Metacritic rankings is just stupid PR bullshit. I frequently see copies of Sonic and the Black Knight and Sonic Unleashed in stores all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.