don't click here

Sonic 1 Beta Remake

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by AbsoluteG, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbsoluteG

AbsoluteG

disgusted by origins plus Oldbie
    A black Hole
    life and shit..., a sonic 1 remake
    Stars will be added in act 3

2. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    As for the slope routines, copy them without the status SST ($22, $38 and $3E) they are different in the ball object. When the object is in the air, in the animation routine set it to call objectfall, and when in the ground call speedtopos and the slope detection routines, and in the routine to set the ball to action (moving) set the speed at $14 while on ground, and $10 while on air.

Also did you know the ball object was actualy supposed to be on slot $19, and I had no Idea untill I made my own ball on that slot and used debug mode. Will it break through walls? I could help you on that.

3. AbsoluteG

AbsoluteG

A black Hole
    Yes, The ball I have is placed in Object 19. I knew about that way before hand. and Yes, The ball is going to break through walls. help like that would awesome, as I've been slightly stumped on how to make objects interact with each other, like that.

4. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Also I don't know if this has been mentioned before. The ball falls through bridges. Can you make it so it doesn't seeing as you are going to make it more useful.

5. AbsoluteG

AbsoluteG

A black Hole
    I think the Ball fell through the bridge in GHZ Beta too though. AFAIK. I can try once I get a grasp of how to make it interact with objects.

6. In regards to act 2, perhaps it's possible to pull off a sunset/dusk/twilight kind of thing?

7. AbsoluteG

AbsoluteG

A black Hole
    That can be done.

I'll give it a small sunset.

EDIT: What would people think of me putting in the lost sound test into my hack as well? Should I give that a try too? It would be something new to the hack.

8. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    That would be pretty great. I support this idea. :thumbsup:

9. I support it as well :)

10. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    Thinking just purely physics wise, when it is in a period of downward vertical velocity, have it's horizontal velocity increase by factor x. Same for when it is in a state of upward vertical velocity, have it's horizontal velocity decrease by factor x. (This can get a bit mucky if you want it to come to a complete stop and go backwards on a hill..., I would guess when horizontal velocity comes to a complete stop, you then deal with it as going down a hill in the opposite direction...) Not sure if you can do that the way you have the code set up, didn't pay much attention, but physics wise that is what is happening. I love your work on this hack btw :D

11. AbsoluteG

AbsoluteG

A black Hole
    After about 48 hours of mostly constant work in my free time. The new Ball object is almost completed though. It now rolls and bounces when falling off a cliff. I just need to tweak the Solidobject routine, and make it pushable by Sonic again. And make it sort of work like the Metropolis nut when Sonic is on top of it. That OLD ball object is obsolete and a piece of shit. THIS ONE actually will smash walls and badniks, its not some useless object anymore.

I also I have a mock up of the "Sound test screen". But comes one question...

Should it read... "Sound Select: 8X (80, 81, 91, 9F, etc...)
    or...
    Should it read... "Sound Select: Green Hill, Marble, Clock Work, etc...)

I kinda think the first one would be more appropriate, but I want opinions here before I actually finish it. I don't know for sure that it was actually in the beta I'm remaking it after, but why not, it should be interesting to remake.

12. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Personally, I'd do it Megamix style and have the zone or event title, simply so that if someone wants to listen to a track, they don't have to go through every ID to find the one they want. I suppose you could combine the two as follows:

Sound Select: 8X (Green Hill Zone)

Congrats on getting the ball working as well, can't wait to see it in action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.