don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    oh...I knew about that, I just wasn't done with knuckles sprites period to fix it. I figured I'd do that last. Bonus stage/special stage/other characters besides sonic are on my last to do list

2. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    The hunt continues :)

3. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I have found a glitch in Hazel Hills Zone. The first badnik only moves it's legs when Sonic isn't facing it, therefore it doesn't move towards Sonic at all. It just stays in place.

4. Chao Fan

Chao Fan

With serene grace, bitch!
    desert
    Sonic Retraux (french words = pretty :3)
    Last trial post, so I gotta make it gud :3

I noticed how, in the latest Demo, I kept dying when I touched the bottom of the platforms. This is a bit of a problem, especially when you come in on the side, drop a little and BOOM you die. :< Also, I felt like the high framerate made it feel too smooth, so maybe a feature to limit the FPS would be cool, in order to have that retro feeling. Otherwise the demo was pretty good, but please fix the platform glitch. Seriously.

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    that glitch has actually already been addressed and I believe was fixed in the rereleased demo. If not, it's definetly been fixed now.

6. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Emerald Hill Zone
    Fixed in the latest version I have got. I noticed this on an earlier Demo.

I am useless at this game BTW. On Crystal Caverns I keep going round in circles and getting stuck. Speaking of Getting stuck I found myself getting stuck on the Aqua level too... you get a Invincibility monitor and you are stuck in a small area that you cant jump out of. Ill try and do a video showing this later.

7. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    It may be a bad layout on my part. I stole it from an ancient build of Classic before the over haul and didn't change it too much. I may be looking into revamping it all together.

8. I like the game so far(the one from the first page) I gotta say the theme, music, and layout is awesome, I hope the final release will be just as awesome.
    also, love the invincibility music, is really catchy!

9. If we're talking about bugs in public, then I'll bring up one I found: It's possible to get above the crusher relay in Crystal Caverns Act 1 between 3676, 1268 and 4209, 1267, which shows a lot holes in the level design.

10. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Emerald Hill Zone
    Hez, ill try and do a video of the Crystal Caverns Level so you can see how rubbish at the game I am whilst finding glitches along the way :)

I think you should keep some glitches in.... like the ability for Sonic to end up in a Knuckles Only Area due to double jumping through a wall whilst Hyper S3&K Style :)

11. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Emerald Hill Zone
    And here is my latest video.... :)

12. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    The Lava Reef platforms work the wrong way round - spinning into them to the right should make them rise, not fall.

13. dsrb

dsrb

I am disappoint…

14. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    Oh I remember that Zone idea from + - Project Sonic Retro   . I always liked it so that's really cool to see it put together like that.

15. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Those are the only two monitors with ice on them...I've just been putting off programming them in :P

16. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    You should make them unbreakable with the monitors within them. To get the item, you push the block into a lava pool and the ice melts, thus freeing the monitor.

Just a suggestion :v:

17. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

drawing
    ...And giving sonic something to bounce on on his way across a lava pit! :eng101:

18. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
  19. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

drawing
    Looks really great, Hez. Looks like we are getting a new classic sonic game in July, huh? :v:

20. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Ha, that just gave me the urge to play :P