don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    Sounds pretty cool to me! Though we know about it now so it won't be as fun :P

2. Felik

Felik

I'd say that a Super Sonic battle in space in the end of the game would be essential if last zone was actually in space. Just like in S&K and SA2. It would be great and make perfect sense.

3. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    Here's an idea, port a level from Sonic Drift 2. I had this idea of doing it with Iron Ruin, at least the art and only then a blown up reimagining of the art, you know...to replace say....Scrap Brain Zone. All in the "many ideas swirling around" planning stages, so don't expect anything.

4. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    Hidden Palace Zone from Sonic 2 please... Hez's Finished version of it would be nice BUT if you were interested maybe I could have a go at making a finished Layout for it for Deh Classic?

For Final zone I quite liked the Sky Sanctuary Idea of battling lots of old bosses.... perhaps you could do your own remix of this for part of the Final Zone?

Also videos coming soon with commentary from me :)

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    hit me up on AIM, im more than interested in what you could come up with for an HPZ level! And you all don't know what Im going to decide to do for a secret level...sooo :P

Also, whats eveyones favorite bosses? (minus final bosses)

6. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Mushroom Hill boss. I'd love to have a more challenging one

7. On that note...It would be EPIC if you could make bosses move like in Sonic Advance 2 where they are always moving.

Like alter some boss patterns/platforms so that it would be a different fight with a boss we have all fought before.

I don't know if you are doing custom bosses, but it would rock if you changed some boss moves that could work because of the constant motion.

Like the Ball & Chain boss would be far more interesting on the move. Not only could he do the side to side motion we all know, but he could also literally throw his ball at you from the left side, detaching it from the chain, which would roll to the right side and roll back, where he would pick it up on the chain again. Maybe even a front to back swing from the distance?

It would be awesome.

In Normal Bosses... maybe the Mystic Cave Driller?

8. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    [​IMG]

This look like a dark creepy good place for a final boss?

(Basically you run through some familiar bosses in sky sanctuary before entering the final boss)

9. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Green-brown clouds? Even though it's supposed to be dark, it's still looks funnily odd. =P

10. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    [​IMG]
    Better? I was just wondering if the sky sanctuary dark would even be a good place for a final fight?

11. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    Well, it sure beats the hell out of the over-used "In Space" cliche, which has been used since Sonic 2.
    On another note, are you going to be having the final battle in a remade Sky Sanctuary, or just use the art for a boss arena? Just curious.

12. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I just had it planned as an arena, sort of like Knuckles fight with the mecha

13. dsrb

dsrb

Much of this looks great; I'm looking forward to a release! My only grumble is about something that I think has been mentioned already: the walking sprites/animation. In my opinion, they look quite awkward/bad, and should be replaced by running earlier (at lower speeds).

14. Otama Sanshiro

Otama Sanshiro

~Phantom of Blue~ Member
    Maybe have the final boss played at night time. Not in space, but in night time. But it's not "This is it, it's now or never! I'm GOING TO DESTROY SONIC THE HEDGEHOG! OR DIE TRYING!" It's more like, "must be another boss, a bit harder but no sweat".

Also, can you explain the custom character mode? Can you explain how that works? Sounds like a good feature for an awesome game.

15. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I think it's a really good idea, but maybe with storm clouds rather than dark blue ones, maybe with occasional lightning. But I have no idea if that's doable, I'm no programmer :specialed:

16. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Maybe that norther glacier place from the OVA would make a good stage? Lava bursting out at random places would be interesting to see.

17. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I was kind of experimenting with going back to the first level and fighting the boss there, except the first level woudl have a pallete change to be made into a stormy night. Ill post a picture of a mock up here in a bit.

18. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Maybe if you take some cues from the final battle of Sonic 3 Alone and also incorporate some storm-cloud animations...?

Suppose the clouds scroll by a lot faster and lightning flashes from time to time...?

Either way, I think the actual "Sky Sanctuary" level art is a bit too darkish. There should be some contrast. I think the "stormcloud" approach would also provide an excuse for better lighting, too.

I'm also not a programmer, though, so... yeah, take the idea with a little salt.

19. A much better idea: None of the sidescrollers use the first stage as a final stage backdrop.

20. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    [​IMG]

I kind of like this setting for a boss...might make it stormy