don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Columind

Columind

Geistbox Member
    Music and Comics
    Personally I say yes. I got it for around about £50 and I find it fantastic.

Then again I was extraordinarily underwhelmed with MK Wii, so yeah.

2. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Anyone have any tips for AAAing Mission 36: Hidden Ring Stash? It just seems impossible to me.

3. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Managed to finish torrenting Sonic & SEGA All-Stars racing, and picked up a version for my DS that works during my suspension, and I found myself playing the PC version more. I've mastered drifting a bit (can't exactly drift without bumping into something at times, but eh), and I can practically dominate Shibuya Downtown on the PC Version. If the Wii version's like the PC version, then I can safely say I'm going to get the Wii version of this game :)

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The only difference between the PC and Wii versions are the amount of polygons and the online.

5. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    I'll admit, I've spent a good 10 hours after I got the game, unlocked everything, got most of the trophies. Its been getting in the way of my studies, but I don't regret it. The controls are nice, the game looks great, plays great, as a racing game it certainly delivers in terms of speed. (Aside from the framerate issue) I also appreciate the Time Trials feature where it wants you to get the fastest lap, and you can keep going for as much as you like. I just wish this wasnt yet-another Mario Kart game. But I got high hopes for the future of the game in terms of Downloadable content.

Also, unless more people knock down my times on the leaderboards, I appear in the top ten of a few courses on Time Trials.

6. Is that the one with Knuckes? If so, you want to keep a brisk pace, try to grab everything you can. Then toward the end, but not quite, maybe about 100 feet away, turn around. You'll see a HUGE collection of rings. Grab all you need then head for the End, will probably take you 8 seconds from that point to jump over to the end.

Finally got to play as Opa Opa. Incredible all the way around, and even an amazing All Star move.

7. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Well, Sonic is a Freaking Beast. I know all you are going on about Opa Opa, but I don't see any of you in the leaderboards. :v:

To be honest, I was just going for a good time and beat my buddy, but I ended up rank 19 on the Treetops level yesterday(not bad for my second day with the game), and you can even race my ghost. I feel awesome, and it's awesome I can race the rank 1 ghost, and my best ghost, and then me, and see just how magnificent that run was. I hope to improve it soon.

But this game is just unendingly fun. The only time I feel obligated to stop playing is when I need to sleep. Great game, SEGA and SUMO. Very fun.

(Oh, and Xbox 360. 'Solharath')

Edit: Scratch that I'm #1 in the world on Treetops. Not bad for my third day.

8. Wow, nice dude. When you play Treetops, you can seriously do something massive frickin' drifitng where you don't even have to turn at all through the sharp lefts and rights and go-arounds. It turns into a wonderful ballet, really, and then of course you have the long straight-away at the end.

9. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Thanks! With that knowledge it was... too easy. Guess I'll have to learn to look behind me in future.

Anyway, this game is going to keep me up for a few more nights, making my University education suffer, but it's worth it.

10. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    Rank Seven in Rampart Road. could have been Number One, but I epically failed when transitioning into the shortcut. Kinda sucks, but meh, At least the SEGA Miles I get for these lets me unlock the last few characters I need. Very fun, although I don't expect these records to stay very long...

....Oh gorramit, MilsTailsPrower took back his #1 spot. Back to Treetops I go...

11. Penguin

Penguin

Another thing I love about this game is the long awaited return of the "Sonic Says" segment during the loading time. :D I imagine all his tips being dictated by Jaleel White.

I am very excited to see what DLC brings to the table. We certainly need Ristar. Vectorman, too. And the guy from Comix Zone.

Oh, and hear me out, but I think Flicky would be awesome as a character. He'd operate in a fasion similar to Opa-Opa. His allstar could involve him calling in the chicks, which smash anyone they hit into, and retain the snaking physics from the game. Ths would make drifting a powerful weapon.

12. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Except that you can't drift during an Allstar move. I wouldn't mind Flicky as a playable character, though.

13. Penguin

Penguin

Hrm, that's true indeed. But who's to say that they couldn't change that for Flicky?

Similar to how Robotnik gets a button prompt when he activates his, prehapsFlicky would get the drift button prompt.

I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud here.

14. Ice Sonic

Ice Sonic

Ice Cap
    No, I am not working on any hack, fanart, or website.
    Hey guys, wanna ask you something: Is it worth buying Shenmue or I should just save more money for Opa Opa?

And damn it, I wanna be in those leaderboards too! How about someone posts his records so I can try beating them? :)

I've only raced in the first two tracks in Time Trial with Knuckles. Whale Lagoon (43.314) and Icicle Valley (35.463). My favorite track so far is Sandy Drifts, I'm drifting the hell out of that track and I would like to see some records of yours on this track. :)

15. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Am I the only one who thinks that Opa Opa drives like shit? It might be a matter of style and preference, though I have the impression that all the "hovering" characters are almost unusable to me.

16. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    Apparently my abilities are one hit wonders, because I can barely even see my own ghost get to the finish line, but that might be because I'm tired. Either way, MilsTailsPrower keeps his #1 spot... for now. As far as your favorite track, I think you're a madman, but at least it's not Monkey Target...

Anyway, Ryu... I don't know, he's not outstanding, but I've barely touched the guy. But trust me, if you try to show up on the leaderboards, SEGA Miles will come to you like Candy. I just collected 50,000 in my attempts to beat my own score(and failed). But hey, now I'm a 'High Roller'! :v:

17. Yeah, I tried for 20 minutes before I started exploring the stage. I knew there had to be some cache of rings that would make a AAA possible.

18. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

I agree, I hate his gameplay, along with all of the flying characters.

19. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    It's not just you; I can do alright with Opa Opa every once in a while, but I don't mind floating characters steady enough.

Since when can you buy Shenmue in the game?

Hayabusa or the Street Fighter?

20. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I'd rather touch Ulala :v:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.