don't click here

Project Needlemouse: old threads

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

Okay, starting now there's only 365 days to rule out Project Needlemouse being revealed! The excitement rises!

[​IMG]

It could be today. It could be tomorrow. Who knows?

2. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    This had better be a regular thing.

3. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I swear if Yuji Cosby isn't in Needlemouse I'll start a riot in front of Sonic Team Japan's headquarters. Who's with me? :colbert:

4. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    I think 143 pages is enough.

Start a new thread when we get some new info.

Until then, locked.

5. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=109673

Well that solves that mystery. I figured it would be downloadable, and the exclusion of the Wii is most likely a definite possibility at this point.
    This part intrigues the hell out of me, does this mean PN will be a pure and simple title like the Genesis games, as to what MM9 is for Mega Man? I sure hope so, I would love to play a Sonic game that felt like a genuine "Sonic 4," but not THE Sonic 4.

6. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    He probably means that they won't spend all of their budget in the CGI department rather than the development.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Good I want to see a smaller game. If they can't make 20 hours of good content then I'd rather have 3 hours of good content and not 3 hours of good content and 17 hours of filler. NSMBWii may have been a short game, but I enjoyed it while I was playing it basically for the whole time.

I'm still hoping that they don't take an exact direction of MM9 though. I don't want to see reused sprites and stuff. But then again Sonic game sprites changed slightly with each game anyway. Megaman had 6 games where he looked the same, so I suppose the nostalgia machine doesn't work as much here.

Also this brings up another question. Will this be Sonic 4? I don't want it to be, because saying it's Sonic 4 really puts a lot of standards on it. If it's a title that plays like classic Sonic that's not Sonic 4 that's another thing. It will still be under close watch, but not as much.

8. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    It just means low budget, which I figured. The teaser itself reeked of cheap DLC to begin with.

9. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Only reused materials were Mega Man, mets, and common items throughout the series son.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    By stuff I basically just meant 8-bit Megaman graphics in general. I don't want to see this game basically be a Sonic 1 hack.

11. Xeniczone

Xeniczone

Dang, that sucks. I hate downloadable content. I want physical media. If I can't burn it to a disc and back it up myself, it should be available on disc in the first place.

12. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I would like Needlemouse to be like a MegaDrive Sonic game but I don't think that SEGA can pull it off.
    In any case, the downloadable titles for 2010 seem promising. I would like a PC version though. :O

13. Phithpleis

Phithpleis

Nein Member
    Your location
    Current Project
    Seconded. If it won't be available on WiiWare, then I'm screwed. I'm having difficulty myself setting up Xbox Live, and I don't have a PS3.

14. CloverCC

CloverCC

As long as it doesn't look like Sonic Advance, I'll be fine with it.

15. corneliab

corneliab

Disc? I don't care. Downloadable? Again, don't care.

In fact, I'm not going to care about this game at all until there's actually something to show for it.

16. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Really? I didn't find it that hard to do. Where are you stuck?

17. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    I think not putting this on wiiware would be a terrible mistake on sega's part.

It's not like porting it would be a major obstacle (it's a 16 bit esque 2D platformer), and nintendo platforms seem to be where most sega gamers sort of migrated to. they'd be missing their biggest audience.

18. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Oh, it's downloadable. I'm not getting it. :/

19. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Heh, so it really is just a cheap DLC in the end? How predictable.

20. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    If it looks like Sonic Advance 1, it'd be fine by me. That was basically classic Sonic with a "new-character-designs" skin on it anyways. Advance 2 & 3 style, however, and I could see what you're getting at. Heck no to that.

Although I would still highly prefer classic Sonic in all his glory for this entry. Just as long as this is real HD (Toki) or 2.5D (NSMBWii) and not pixelated-to-match-the-classic-standards (MM9), I'm fine. Unless they could pull it off really well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.