don't click here

Jazwares Sonic figures

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SonikkuForever, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armonté

Armonté

This is a pretty cool toy, my friend has one :P

2. I have the 10 inch and the JUVI. Love them equally.

3. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
  4. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    Looks like Metal Sonic's getting quite a bit of love this year. I'm sure this will be a fantastic display piece, I wouldn't expect anything less from First4Figures. Hopefully it'll be a smaller vinyl one, so I don't have to spend another hundred bucks.

5. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I've made this a general Jazwares thread now. Here's the latest word.

[​IMG]

Latest updates:

*Silver, Werehog, and Shadow have been packaged, no word on shipping
    *Big and Eggman have been added to the 3" line. Metal Sonic is in the same stage of development as they are.
    *A Super Poser Knuckles has been greenlit

6. That Amy figure looks good but somehow those joints just kill off what otherwise could be a decent representation of her. think I'll pick two. one to collect and the other I think I'm gonna modify it to get rid of those ugly joints and leave it as a static figure, maybe even soften the elbows and knees. not an easy task but whith my model kit building skills and my love for the little cuddlehog it won't be impossible. Hope she comes with the Piko Piko hammer, otherwise I'll have to make one from scratch, hell maybe I could make some custom ones in different sizes. Regardless she'll look awesome along my macross valkyries (especially next to my 1/60 SV-51 gamma nora type).

BTW jazwares hasn't announce any other details like figure size (crosses fingers for a 10"figure) or release date?

7. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Wow, I would seriously buy all the 10" figures, if they were of the same quality as the Metal Sonic one. That is fantastic news.

8. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    Got my Metal Sonic today. The best action figure EVER! Really, I loved this 25cm guy. It'll stay on my workspace.

Anyway, when we'll see Chaotix figures? D= But that Amy is good.

9. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

Latest updates:

Eggman is about 4in
    Big is about 4.25in

Needless to say, these are NOT re-releases of the Toy Island figs.

Amy is apparently part of another comic pack, but when she is released solo, she may come with a Piko Piko Hammer.

All these comic packs are starting to make me wonder, maybe we'll get comic exclusive characters somewhere down the line? Though I'm not a big Sally fan, I'd LOVE to have her in this scale. It'd also be a prime opportunity to get a Mighty figure.

10. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

darn, way too many good sonic figures in the last year or so, both classic and modern styles. I've filled up a whole shelf almost entirely of what's been released in the last year. Finally got the 10inch Metal Sonic recently as well as the Issue 200 pack and the Black Knight figure. I think an Amy and a Robotnik (both classic and modern) would do me now, other than that I'm not bothering with other characters like Shadow, Sliver, Big etc. Oh, I wouldn't mind picking up the Super sonic poser figure too. :)

11. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

Check this out!

[​IMG]

From the TRU site. Of note here is the shoes. Looks like they went on and fixed that stripe error. I didn't even look for that while I was at TRU. X_X

You know what, I'm just gonna stop buying these things when they first come out. It's starting to be cheaper.

12. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Good thing they fixed that. Hopefully when I get one it will have the stripe issue resolved.

13. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    NOW we're talking! The chibi deformed one on the first page is okay, but this one looks great. I could be wrong, but it even looks like the blue paint is metallic, which makes it all that much better.

14. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    The blue paint was always metallic with that figure, but early ones didn't have the white shoe stripe, and sometimes, the gray muzzle paint didn't reach all the way back to his neck. I'll bet these guys will be highly sought after 5 years from now, but will the early, less accurate ones be worth more since there weren't that many produced? By the way, we need a Blaze figure.

15. MysticPez

MysticPez

That One Guy
    The Land of harry Potter and Truffles
    ......No... i'd like to be a Beta Tester but I can dream
    That is Awesome, I want that Figure like NOW!!!!

16. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

Ok, so the word is that Silver, Shadow, and Werehog are out now, and come with stands. They're not in stock at my local TRU, but I will update if I come across pics.

EDIT: First images courtesy of shigmado:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will most definitely be hunting that Silver down. That Shadow too, and Werehog just cause.

17. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
  18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Only Metal can get away with the joints, because they're more or less part of his design. On any of the others they look terrible. I'd much rather have models I couldn't pose.

19. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

I'll take the bulbous joints over static figures. It increases the playability and poseability tenfold. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

20. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    They look fantastic! I Looked on Jazwares site and they aren't listed. Is it the same company?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.