don't click here

Jazwares Sonic figures

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SonikkuForever, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Closest thing to a Sonic doll (Or action figure... ) I got was a rather large Shadow plushie. I won it by winning Whack-A-Mole 3 times (In a row!) and it cost me three bucks a play. So I got a nice Shadow plushie for only 9 dollars ^_^. It had a Sonic X tag on it so I guess it was made for that *shrug*

After getting it home I pretty much imediatly used it as a base for a Shadow the Hedehog skin for my copy of Tony Hawk's Proving Ground DS. It looks pretty cool (the skin).

2. tonic41

tonic41

Sonic game code name? sonic classic
    Man... I need that metal sonic figure, cause I cant draw him at all. I also need rouge and cream.

3. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    Look what I got today!
    [​IMG]
    This figure is absolutely perfect in every way, shape, and form. It actually has more detail than we can see in the games. They added the vents on the sides, the jets on the bottom of his shoes, and every bolt has been meticulously sculpted.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The paint is even metallic, similar to car paint. He really looks like he's made of metal! He's big, too. At 10 inches, he makes a fantastic display piece.
    [​IMG]

Since most of his joints are articulated, he can be put into tons of different poses. And at only $17 USD, he's a steal! He's only available at Toys R Us, but if you don't have one near you and want to avoid huge markups, order him on their official website here. Every Sonic fan needs this. Words can't describe how awesome it is. It's by far the most accurate Sonic figure ever produced.

4. SonarDragon

SonarDragon

I have a TRU near me and they don't have it yet as of yesterday. =P

5. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I'd purchase one but after my 12" Sonic Statue ended up in Germany and my laptop ended up in France I'm not so sure I want to order something else from the US :\

6. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Oh blast, that shoe issue is molded in.

Still, nothing Tamiya can't fix. Maybe some stickers too.

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Huh.

I guess it's a bad sign if my pulse actually quickened upon seeing that.

Okay, I was putting my money towards Blu-Ray Ratatouille, but now...I need this. The Rat can wait.

8. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

"Shoe issue"? I personally thought the silver "sole" area on his shoe was supposed to be the white stripe. By the way, he's packaged in such a way that the back of the box can be removed and used as a poster.
    [​IMG]

9. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sadly, mine broke...

His thumb finger rotates as apposed to bending like his other fingers. Sadly, this resulted in snappy snappy. I'll just grab another and return the broken one.

Also, I couldn't get his elbows to bend. You have any luck at that Sonikku?

10. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

His elbows do bend, but they tend to be really stiff at first because the paint from the manufacturing process gets in there and makes it sticky. You just have to bend it really hard. Once you get past that, it should be fine. I was worried that I might break mine at first, but they wisely decided to use a more pliable plastic around the joints, so he's more likely to bend than break.

11. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Goddammit! Only shipping to the US, and the UK ToysRus doesn't list it yet. Motherfuck.

12. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    looks sweeeeet
    I'll get one if I can, and check out what the joints are like.

13. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

His head, ankles and waist twist, and he has joints in his elbows and knees. They're similar to ball joints, but they have a pin in the middle so they don't have a full range of motion. He has true ball joints in his wrists. The middle of his foot looks like it bends, but it doesn't. His thumb can be twisted around, and his other 4 fingers hinge up and down. They're attached together though, so no hand gestures! Overall, there are about 18 moveable joints.

14. It's like my admiral ackbar figure by mighty muggs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "It's A TRAP!!!"

unlike most people here, I approve of this little metal sonic statue that could

15. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    Yeah he looks nice, so how many Benjamins did he cost you? :colbert:
    (Smoke from my bolting to TRU is typing this section of my message) OK, time to go to the bank and deposit this $83 USD I don't need. :v:

16. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Got mine today! Thing is ten inches of AWESOME. Also, a neat thing, mine has a fixed paint app. The muzzle is painted properly and extends to the top of the torso.

I only have a few gripes with this figure. As mentioned before, the shoes are painted wrong, but I can easily fix that. What I can't fix is some articulation issues. None of the limbs twist, which hinders the poseablity a great deal. Also the waist doesn't twist even though it looks like it should. I think they could have done a lot better with the articulation, but it'd probably cost more if they did.

Oh well, beggars can't be choosers, and Metal Sonic ANYTHING is much appreciated.

17. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Damnit, I can't even get this shipped to Canada? Unfortunately, the Canadian TRUs don't have this listed. :argh:

18. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

TRU's in Canada and Australia should have it eventually. If you don't live in any of those countries, <a href="http://shop.ebay.com/I.html?_nkw=metal+sonic+figure+10%22&_sacat=0&_trksid=p4999.m270.l1313&_odkw=metal+sonic+figure&_osacat=0" target="_blank">there's always Ebay.</a> You'll end up paying twice as much, but it's well worth it. Also, I couldn't get the waist on mine to twist. I think it's supposed to move, but it's stuck and the only way to move it would be to press on the hip joint. I really don't want to risk breaking him, so I won't push my luck trying to get him to move too much (I once broke a Shadow figure that way).

19. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    For all the British folks here wanting this, there is a seller on Amazon.com called Collectoys that will ship this. Mine arrived today, about a week after I ordered it. Pretty fast.

The figure is fucking fantastic as well. Stood ominously between my Daleks right now :P

20. Megane

Megane

PONY TIME Member
    Leaping through time, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that the next leap will be the leap home.
    So glad I'm not the only person here who has this figure and Daleks on my shelf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.