don't click here

Jazwares Sonic figures

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SonikkuForever, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

I do! Samba De Amigo was one of my favorite Dreamcast games. Each to their own and all that.

2. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    In other news, Jazwares makes the most unappealing characters appealing.

At this rate, they could sell me an Elise :O

3. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Looks much better than the SA1 release. And count me in for an Elise figure, just as long as she's not pasty and pale.

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I bet you need a REALLY strong shelf to keep the Big figurine on.

I'm not buying one until they make Froggy too.

5. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

So if you haven't heard, some 3" Werehogs are defective in that one of the catches on the leg fails, which causes the shins to bend 180 Degrees in both directions. I've now figured out exactly why this occurs.

The reason the knee catch fails is because the shin is attached backwards. If you look very closely on the leg that works properly, you'll see a small indentation in the plastic to indicate the proper direction of the shin. The misassembled leg will have this on the backside.

Now it is possible to fix, if you have a small enough screwdriver, however this leads you to the reason why the shin is on backwards.

It's because it's the wrong part to begin with.

I "fixed" the issue only to find that my Werehog has two right shins.

If my camera could catch decent enough close up images (I don't have sufficient lighting, and flash makes too much light), I'd send this to you right now. As it stands, I can hold it up to a light, and hold the legs straight and see that the shins are bending the exact same way.

Of course, the major issue with this is that you can't tell a defective Werehog from a good one inside the packaging (especially since the limbs are often packaged backwards anyway. You'll only know if you buy one and try to move it yourself

That said, I got mine on eBay since I couldn't find it in stores, so now I gotta see about a refund. :/

6. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    But could they sell you a.....CHRIS THORN-LESBIAN?

7. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    It's been done...

[​IMG]

This was from a Sonic X figure line made by Toy Island a few years back.

8. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    Aquaslash, can you try to put up a photo anyway?

I spoke to a Jazwares rep and it's the first they've heard of defective Sonic toys. They would like to see a photo.

9. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

10. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    I bought the plain red shoed metal sonic....had to import it from america! I want the striped one so badly now! why didnt I just wait???

11. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    [​IMG]

12. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Matter of fact, is that one confirmed to be available yet?

13. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Super Sonic and the spikes aren't up? That's just stupid - didn't they look at what Super Sonic looks like before making that?

14. HighCaliburFun

HighCaliburFun

I gotta juice! Member
    USA
    Its funny really, I only own these exact two from the Jazwares line. The Metal Sonic in particular is so freaking epic.

15. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    It really is. I am going to get the rest of them on the 4th probably.

16. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo

I'd change the hands though, why they decided to go with a rotating thumb instead of all ball joints is beyond me...

17. I don't think this has been posted but it seems that Tomy is getting involved with Sonic figures....

Here is the article and the source is found here
    Thanks to Toy News Online, we have learned that Tomy has singed a deal with Sega and Jazwares that will allow them to produce new toys based on Sega's Sonic The Hedgehog characters. The deal also allows them to sell Sonic merchandise from toy maker Jazwares. The deal kicks off February 2010 and will last through December 2012. We should see the first toys appear this Spring.

I look foward to see what comes out.. On another note, I did get Metal Sonic when he first came out (first batch with the blue chin bottom) and it is a great figure. I have been to Toys R Us recently to see if I could get a Dr. Nefarious figure, no luck, but they got in some more Metal Sonic figures. It seems that the chin bottom is now full silver, but the shoes have yet to be corrected. Hopefully Jazwares will release a corrected true Metal Sonic figure soon.

18. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

http://photos.actionfigs.com/g4949-sonic-the-hedgehog.html

http://toyfair2010.figures.com/showgallery.php/cat/537

Toy Fair pics from Jazwares.

I'm kinda not thrilled that the Metal is packaged with a base Sonic. Why not Super Sonic?

Then again, that Sonic could be kitbashed into Sonia or Scourge so maybe it works out.

Also the large vehicles are so bought, and that Super Poser Knuckles looks ace.

I notice that the Super Poser Super Sonic ISN'T on display here. I hope that means that they're fixing the quills. If they fix the quills, I'll actually get one.

Also large Metal Sonic has his shoes fixed. Guess I gotta buy another one and kitbash the one I have into Metal Sonic 3.0

19. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    Gah!

I'll definatly have to buy another now :( I really want a correct MS

20. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    >3.5'' Metal Sonic

Heeeel yeah gonna have him fight my GI Joes.

...what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.