don't click here

Sonic Unleashed Mobile

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Moogs, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Why is this vertically oriented if it's iPhone? 240 wide by 320 tall doesn't make much sense, especially for a Sonic game.

2. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    It doesn't make any sense at all, but that is basically how things are in Sonic Rush, so it seems pretty natural that they'd do the same thing here.

3. Metal-Geo

Metal-Geo

Toot toot Member
    Not that it really matters, but Gametrailers.com has this game listed under "mobile", and not "iPhone". (opposed to some games being listed under both)

I mean really... Gameloft could've done so much better on an iPhone.

4. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Sonic Rush is two screens tall and has smaller size characters and objects. Gameloft seems to be doing this all at Sega Genesis resolution but giving you less horizontal space.

5. corneliab

corneliab

Not at all, actually. That "prediction" referred to a new 2D Sonic for Wiiware/Xbox Live/PSN, not some little mobile game. Go back and check it again.

Also, I might add that the supposed psychic didn't specifically say this; it was merely a "yes" indicating pendulum response to a question that the article author himself asked.

6. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Looks crappy enough, not sure if it is though. Confused is the word I'm looking for. Crap sprites though, no matter what you say. It's like the Advance Team tried to make an old-school Sonic and failed miserably.

Move over, Kirby. Sonic surely is rocking the hand-held market.

7. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I'm impressed. This looks pretty awesome!

8. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    This is not on the iDevice.

[​IMG]

Also the way it moves, the sound, the fact it's not horizontal, either the worse iDevice dev in the world or it's a build for something else.

9. Cap

Cap

Well, I think everyone has simply presumed this is for the iphone. When in actual fact, it just says mobile. So apparently this is a mobile phone game :psyduck: Even worse if you ask me.

10. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    If it is, it's a lot of detail/information for a small screen.

Buy now, and get a free magnifying glass!

11. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I shall now sum up the following post:

Jesus Christ you guys.

12. Galaxia

Galaxia

Manchester, England
    degloving infants
    I really do like how some of you take one look at the GRAPHICS and instantly deride it as an awful game.

Also, isn't it fucking obvious it's a J2ME game?

13. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Looks rather good to me. Except the MIDI obviously...

14. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    I bet the MIDI would sound rather cool if it was ran with some good synthesizer, like, Hyper Canvas or so. It sounds a-okay, in any case.

The graphics look, to me, personally, rather impressive for a mobile phone game, but then again, I have a Nokia 2600... so, yeah. <.<;
    This could be pretty good.

... and yet, nobody seems to even mention something most of ya were apparently bothered by - the fact that Werehog's actually fighting robots here, unlike the majority of the night-stages on the big game. 8D

15. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    Something I didn't even notice, actually, which begs the question of whether Eggman's robots were designed to clock out around 5pm in the original =P

16. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Well, some of them still are present in the big games, 'specially the ventilator- and fire-breather-ones.

17. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    They don't count because they look like Pokémon. Also because they're rather forgettable.

18. corneliab

corneliab

I seem to remember there being robots in Empire City and Eggmanland. Quite a lot of them, actually. Other levels have 'em as well, I just can't remember specifically.

Of course, I'm talking about the 360/PS3 version. The Wii/PS2 version got stuck with monsters ALL THE TIME, even in freaking Eggmanland.

19. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    There is a video chief. Level design and what not. I'm not getting into this again.

20. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    This, everything besides the Werehog looks like another HOLD RIGHT TO WIN fest.
    I spent about a year working on an Iphone title and these guys pass for copy pasting the Sonic Rush game play with shoddy graphics? I have a right to be a little annoyed about this, even if I'm not going to buy it a little effort on their part isn't asking for much, but looking at everything apparently it was for Gamesloft. :colbert:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.