don't click here

General Objects/Badniks

Discussion in 'Project: Sonic Retro (Archive)' started by Mobiethian, Nov 20, 2008.

1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...They're not in the same situation at all, Nack was being treated as a main character after his debut, while the other was just one boss in an average* SMS game, and that was it.

*Sorry to all the 8-Bit Sonic 2 fans, but I don't think it was really the sequel that should have been. =|

2. Matwek

Matwek

Personaly I would like to see more work done towards the actual level tiles but I think im just going to have to except the fact that its going to be a long process, although don't get me wrong I do like the creative detors as they inspire ideas, such as...

From time to time I remember about the idea I had way back of a metal sonic factory as a level and the more work that is put into this project the more I can see it fitting in.
    I always imagined it as a level where the old metal sonics of past games are the main enemy with their various movement style based on their old designs. eg. the MS sonic with his whip like claw thing, Sonic 2s metal sonic being much bulkier and slower but more powerful, the S&K metal sonic attacking with quick bursts of speed and the sonic CD one flying all over the place. They could even be in the process of being built with some without legs crawling along the floor or maybe unstablely explosive. Then maybe at the end of the level a whole new metal sonic design.

I admit that this idea, although discused a lot (mainly by me) hasn't really taken off but I do think its an avenue worth exploring, redesigns of old metal sonics in various forms of completion and a whole new one to go with that.

3. Rokkan

Rokkan

Maybe we could, Matwek, have a Mecha Sonic from S2 SMS as a nomal badnik in the last stage, just for the sake of cameo-ness.

4. Matwek

Matwek

As it stands im not really up on the idea of a cameo unless its only in the background as a passing reference.
    But I do think it could work if a reason is given as to why its there, such as the broken down, half-built redesigns I suggested (or maybe another idea) then I think it could work.

5. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Silver Sonic from Sonic 2 8-bit wouldn't fit in Sonic 4
    Silver Sonic from Sonic 2 8-bit would fit in Sonic Retro

'nuff said

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I don't think he'd fit in either, personally. It's not a terribly compelling or interesting design; and, especially when you consider that at this point Metal Sonic has gone though far superior, technologically advanced, and intimidating designs, the Sonic 2 8-bit Silver Sonic would be a poor choice to make.

The only, only way I could see it working is if you had a series of boss fights that involved fighting against every incarnation of Metal Sonic. Outside of that, it's seriously lacking context.

7. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
    I, think also, that we could use sonic cd metal or create our own metal.
    Or then, that silver sonic from sms could just be enemy somewhere, and it's purpose is to show, how much
    more skill sonic have nowdays. What was hard to him earlier, is easy piece of shit nowdays. :P

But, as I said earlier, I don't see any reason to add that in game.

8. Flare

Flare

I agree with Tweaker, he doesn't fit it at all.

He doesn't have the best of designs either, personally, I know for some reason people love him, but there is much more appealing designed badniks than Silver Sonic from 8bit.

9. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    I'm going to have to agree with you guys; the 8bit Metal Sonic doesn't go in at all. And, no offense, STHX, but your "remake" sucks.It's too bland, and looks like it was put under a filter! Sure, maybe if you redesigned him... which brings me to my next... thing.
    I, personally, think this is an awesome idea. While I don't think it should be a level of it's own... a bunch of Metal/Mecha Sonic boss fights in Eggman's base sounds like an awesome idea. Maybe not just as their original versions... but remade somewhat? Like, say, if Eggman was working on his earlier versions a bit more... but couldn't be bothered to finish all their upgraded designs...?

Then again, I also think there should be a boss rush at the end of the game, but that seems like an idea people would disagree with more... :psyduck:

10. Phoenix

Phoenix

Has really been far even as decided to use even go Member
    Which would be completely epic. Other than that, the idea that I just had (reading about the past designs thing) was that in the background at one point in the final level, there could be multiple containers of some sort, each holding a past metal sonic.

11. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
  12. Phoenix

Phoenix

Strangely enough, even though it was supposed to be for a sonic game, and even though it does look insanely awesome, it doesn't really look like it would be a true Metal Sonic.

13. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
  14. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    On first impressions, I bloody love it, however he looks like he might be far too tall in comparison to Sonic (maybe post a copy of a Sonic sprite next to him for comparison?), and the black outlines on his arms and right leg look odd.

Also, his body looks a bit too big and round for those skinny chicken-legs*. Could you downsize his stomach or make the legs thicker, perchance?

* Yes, I know, he's a robot, but still, it looks odd to have a rotund body on thin legs (lookin' at you, Eggman!~)

15. Phoenix

Phoenix

Great job (you even got the head stripe in from Sonic Heroes), but it seems a little too bulky for a metal sonic. The arms I think could've had a little more depth (looks like you did it in paint, but I understand, since Paint Shop Pro is way expensive).

16. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
  17. synchronizer

synchronizer

This is an unfinished concept for the proportions and size of a New Metal Sonic compared to one of the possible Sonic sprites (in another thread). Someone please improve/redo it.
    [​IMG]

18. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Ooh, it definitely looks better (and I think would be far more interesting anyway) if it WAS actually a bit taller than Sonic on its own. That would be pretty cool.

19. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Am I the only one who doesn't like it? Some ideas on it are ok I guess, but the art is really not very good. It really dosent match the Sonic art/shading style, one leg it way longer than the other, and his torso looks way too fat and oddly shaped.

Looks kinda like it tried to mix the main Metal Sonic and the Metal Sonic from S3K....

20. Rokkan

Rokkan

Nope, you certainly aren't the only one. It definately looks wrong. Why don't we come up with a mix of Sonic 2's Silver Sonic and Sonic 3's Mecha Sonic MK-II? You know, the whole silverness and good things about the design of Silver Sonic but the height and details of Mecha Sonic MK-II.