don't click here

Main Character Art

Discussion in 'Project: Sonic Retro (Archive)' started by Retro_Stew, Nov 9, 2008.

1. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
    <!--quoteo(post=256160:date=Dec 13 2008, 10:53 AM:name=Matwek)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Matwek @ Dec 13 2008, 10:53 AM) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
  3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    <!--quoteo(post=256178:date=Dec 13 2008, 01:38 PM:name=ICEknight)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ICEknight @ Dec 13 2008, 01:38 PM) [​IMG]</a>

4. I really like that too.

5. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    My edit.

[​IMG]

6. HighFrictionZone

HighFrictionZone

Hi. Member
    Katy, Texas
    Nothing
    I have an idea for a level that would fit inbetween a forest level and a city level, and I'm fairly confident that it hasn't been done before, at least in a 2d sonic game.

A forest city! Er. A city in a forest. Better idea, suburbs with lots of big trees. Like an old town in an out-of-the-way area with lots of history!

Not sure how legible my scan is, or my handwriting for that matter. And my art sucks too. But here's the general gist of it:
    lots of buildings and trees, perhaps a couple radio towers or power lines or something like that. The level doesn't necessarily have to be logical in the real world: (IE: 70 story trees next to a high-voltage power backbone next to a presumably populated city building), because, after all, this is a game about a blue hedgehog which destroys robots to save little animals and collects a set of mystical gemstones to turn glowy yellow and defeat a fat mad scientist and his crazy schemes. That being said, this sounded like a REALLY COOL level when I was thinking about it. Here it goes:

[​IMG]

I even thought up a boss. It'd function like the advance series bosses (running down a straight path), but be essentially Drillcar 2.0 - Gentlemen, I present the Eggvan! In addition to the drill up front, it sports spikes up top to stop that pesky hedgehog from breaking it! Unfortunatley, due to the size of the van, there is a nice weak spot where the windshield is. Additionally, the back of the van looks unarmored! Each hit causes the van to speed up (making it harder to avoid being hit), and causes additional spikes to sprout from the top, decreasing the area that you can safely attack. Like, it'd start off with two spikes on top making parts of the top available to attack, but after a few hits, the only place you can attack is the front glass or the back panel. Perhaps make diagonal spikes to further decrease your hit area.

7. Matwek

Matwek

This would more likely fit better near the end of the 'canadian' stage as the level layout progressively changes to the 'city' zone as opposed to an entire level itself.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
  9. Dan Genesis

Dan Genesis

As it was predicted. Plus, this is like some cute Member
    Top Secret. Bitch.
    KuroKomix LPs and Blog.
    I just had a crazy idea: Throwing a desert zone in after "Blue Mountain".

Artwork to come.

10. Rokkan

Rokkan

I completely re-did Sonic. The only thing I got from the older design were the shoes, the rest is almost 100% custom, specially the head.
    [​IMG]
    Ignore the two rightmost sprites, they're the Sonic Triple Trouble's sprite, which I based over to do Sonic and an earlier "beta" of my sprite, which has more similiarities to the Sonic Triple Trouble one. I still didn't come up with an arm for the sprite, only the one which is at the earlier beta which didn't come up well IMO.

11. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    This is probably the best Sonic sprite posted so far. The other ones are either too dark or just plain suck. Yours is good, but Sonic had hands last time I checked *runs*

edit: quoting pic because of new page<!--quoteo(post=256989:date=Dec 16 2008, 03:55 AM:name=Rave)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rave @ Dec 16 2008, 03:55 AM) [​IMG]
    Ignore the two rightmost sprites, they're the Sonic Triple Trouble's sprite, which I based over to do Sonic and an earlier "beta" of my sprite, which has more similiarities to the Sonic Triple Trouble one. I still didn't come up with an arm for the sprite, only the one which is at the earlier beta which didn't come up well IMO.[/quote]

12. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
  13. Matwek

Matwek

Not so sure on the colours for that level, the grey seems really bland against the blue and black background.
    Although it do like the grill like effect of being able to see through it, something like that could be used as part of a mecanical type tile set as opposed to making up the majority.

14. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
    I forgot to mention, for the sake of not looking like I'm fully stealing something without credit, will say that the "grill" part that you can see through, I think was borrowed from Wing Fortress Zone, so I'd have to modify it a bit. Its been nearly 3 years since I made this so I don't 100% remember. I just remembered to credit 8 Bit Dragon due to a PM between him and I way back when. I expected this to need more detail, I just was curious if this was of any use. I figure I might as well let some of my old work get some use rather than sit unused on my computer.

15. Rokkan

Rokkan

Thanks nineko... I just wish that more people actually commented it :B

16. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    If I may, allow me to throw my hat in to the Sonic sprite ring, however worthless it may be.

[​IMG]

A. The original version of the sprite I did over a year ago (boredom)
    B. The second version of the sprite
    C. An edit of the sprite by a friend of mine, Neokku
    D. My edit of his edit
    E. Doing an extra pose for my edit of his edit
    F. The last version of the sprite I worked on

Problem would be doing the rest of his animations, and I am not willing to do them myself. :psyduck:

17. The head on A/B is bigger than the others.

18. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Yes. Those are early versions of the sprite. Perhaps I should've numbered them... :p

19. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
  20. Rokkan

Rokkan