don't click here

Best Looking Character

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bertin

Bertin

hard hard hard to decide this....

ok.

1. Jet The Hawk- Let's just say it like this. This character brought the coolness to the Sonic Riders series hands-down and I won't deny that at all.

2. Neo Metal Sonic (Sonic Heroes)- This character just brought awesomeness to a whole new level with the overpowering Eggman and throwing him into a cell and making his own plans to take over the world. Oh and that transformation to Metal Overlord was just plain awesome!

3. Knuckles The Echidna- This characters "I'm going to do this my way" attitude gave the Sonic series a whole new flavor the way I see it ever since the debut in Sonic 3 he showed off his great abilities that Sonic could never accomplish such as the power glide and smashing through piles of hard rocks!

4. Espio The Chameleon- Oh come on now. He's a ninja! what exactly is bad about a Sonic character ninja? Basically he is the most coolest on Team Chaotix. Shurikens.... and can turn invisible! One of the best looking characters.

5. Sonic The Hedgehog- This list wouldn't be complete without Sonic! Super speed, high speed spin dashing and his homing attack and also grinding! The character that made this whole franchise start up brought speed to a video game in a very unique way!

2. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    This topic can only have one answer:

Nack

3. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    WIN

4. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    In the games:

Classic Sonic (Japanese) - Because Classic Sonic US looks like a blue mohawked POS.

Knuckles - He's just awesome.

Modern Sonic (SA1/2 and Unleashed) - ONLY these two.

Silver Sonic - What's not to like?

Motobug - It's motobug, you can't hate motobug.

In any alternate continuity:

NICOLE as a lynx - The only character with a toga.

AoSTH Robotnik - without him, we'd have no pingases or double niggers.

Sally Acorn - Honestly don't know why, I guess I've always loved squirrels.

Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts - The best "Cartoony" characters.

5. Eh, Shadow has the coolest design in my book. I dig the black and red, and the shoes are pretty slick. The little lines in the corners of his eyes are really wicked too.

In b4 gunz.

6. Agreed. At least he still has some bad ass left in him :v:

7. Ben Laserlove

Ben Laserlove

Dr. Ivo Robotnik from the AOSTH.

I mean, look at this ass.

[​IMG]

Can you say no to this ass? I sure can't.

Beyond his sexy ass, this is the only LIKE-ABLE version of Robotnik in terms of design, voice-acting and persona.

8. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    1. Nack "Fang" the Weasel

I totally agree. Nack is my favorite of the lesser known Sonic characters and has one of the best designs. His looks match his personality and is quite unique as he's a hybrid of wolf and weasel. I really wanted at least a Sonic 1 hack where you could play as him, but I couldn't even find one on youtube where I found a "Ray the Flying Squirrel in Sonic 1" hack.

I tried to use Sonik Sprite to copy some sprites I found online into the game, but the collision boundaries (those notorious pink boxes) messed everything up so it doesn't come out right even after changing his palette to 16 colors. Either his tail is too long or his gloves and hat get cut out a little bit. If I shrink him, his feet are in the wrong place for his running sprites. The only way I could see it working out is if someone drew his sprites with intentions of putting him in Sonic 1. Since I am a novice when it comes to drawing or hacking, this problem is the whole reason I am starting a Sonic fangame using Game Maker 7.0 instead. Since I can't draw, I'll just use a game making program that has no palette limit and then I can just copy all the sprites in.

If I can get some more free time I will still try looking into more detailed hacking, but for now I'll just hope somebody with more experience gets inspired to start a Nack/Fang hack. He hates Robotnik just as much as Sonic does so it makes plenty of sense for him to fight him.

There is a fangame for Nack called Triple Fang, but it only runs on Mac computers. In that game he has a gun and can also use his tail to bounce off enemies the way Gex does.

2. Tiara Boobowski the Manx

Chris Senntient's character had potential, but Amy filled her role once Sonic Adventure came out. I thought her design was quite interesting as she had human-like hair on the top of her head. She was also supposed to be the female Sonic character who would stick up for herself and do what she could to put up a fight, rather than just stand there like Amy and let Metal Sonic or Zero take her away. That statement is sort of blurry though because during the making of Sonic Xtreme different members of the team had different roles in mind for her. Some even wanted her to be the damsel in distress. She was supposed to be every bit as powerful as Sonic himself as she could do spin attacks like Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.

She is another good candidate for being in the fangame I want to start, as people have drawn plenty of sprites for her.

3. Bunnie Rabbot

Although she has not been in any video games so far her design is quite unique. Being half robot and half animal gives her more ability than any of the commonly known Archie characters. She may even make an interesting playable character for a game. With that stretching robot arm, gameplay similar to Ristar would not be a bad idea. Picture her fighting a giant Burrobot as a boss and grabbing onto its nose tightly with that metal hand to strip its gears. Maybe even performing a flying kick after she swings from an object would be a great attack. She also has the ability to fly using the rocket boosters in her robot feet.

I could list good and unique things about almost any of the Sonic characters as most of them are different types of animals, but I selected these three because they have more potential than most people give them credit for.

9. I always loved Knuckles in S3&K, that confident smirk and those fighting poses were just awesome. The one in the Sonic games nowdays just looks like a thug who wants to smack everyone in the face(the voice acting doesn't help at all as you can see in Sonic X ).

Eggman in Sonic CD looked more evil than the genesis version(the music for his battles in the US version helped) and the mechs he used weren't that bad(as long as he left those drill like arms instead of those spring shields or whatever in Palmtree Panic).

Espio's new look in Heroes rocked! The design of the character worked well with his attitude, making him one of my favourite characters in Sonic Heroes(If only we could create our own team for time trial or 2P Battles... ).

I agree with what you say about Nack, he should have appeared more often in the games. He looked awesome since he had the cowboy theme in perfection(Hat, gun and a ride that is supposed to be his horse) and also had that confident smirk(just love when badguys act like "who's the boss around here?")

Shadow is cool, good colors and designed Super Sonic like, but no guns please, that was just awful(They must have thought that making him like Schwarzenegger would be a great idea... NOT!). Super Shadow SA2/STH were fantastic! That silver like color looks really good on him.

SA Eggman also caught my attention, I liked how in the intro he looked "I rule this shit... " in the Egg Carrier, at least for a while he looked like he could actually be a serious villain.

Super Sonic from SA(Dreamcast)/SA2. Loved the gold like, the red eyes and those upward spikes, they looked really awesome. When I saw it for the first time I loved it, then came SADX... fuck... I know he looked more realistic and not made out of gold but... his spikes just looked like bananas, no shine, he didn't look super at all...

Darkspine Sonic, looks really badass since he has no pupils and iris which is something I really like but I prefered they didn't make the "Dodge Viper" stripes.

But the best for me is Chaos 0. Simply made of water and looks harmless, give him a chaos emerald and he will change to something less harmless and that's some good stuff. I'm happy he didn't talk or make some kind of sound rather than that slimy sound(Imagine he had a lame voice actor or made noises like E.T x_x). Perfect Chaos also looked good, I loved that boss, until SADX came and made him look... awkward to me. Not that he looks bad but... he just doesn't look right.

10. Silver Dreams

Silver Dreams

lol, Forum Drama Member
  11. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I'm gonna have to second this. I totally dig her avatar.

12. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    What is the "Nicole as lynx" stuff from anyway?

13. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

American comics.

In a nutshell:

Sally has this palm pilot thing called NICOLE which either always had, or somehow gained sentience. It eventually made a (holographic) mobian form of itself, which looks like a lynx

/me goes to find pictures

14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Ah, the comics, then. I stopped reading them around the part where it started homaging Star Trek.

Similarly the omnipresence of Scourge was something I found bizarre until I realised he was actually from the comics.

15. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Man, when you said Lynx, I thought of one of these, Nicole being a handheld and all:

[​IMG]

17. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
  18. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    That'd seal up the circle nicely then, if that was intentional =P

19. Lostgame