don't click here

Best Looking Character

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTX

DTX

A fellow w/a name fit for nary a man save himself Member
    Ditto: what??? I don't think I've ever noticed Tails having such a detail added to his body. Though I know what you mean about Rouge and Amy Rose. But when you think about it, that's just the Japanese style of animating females if you know what I mean, sad as it is. Then again, Amy's only 12, so it's not exactly like she can be considered sexually attractive yet... I mean, guys who allow themselves to feel sexually attracted to girls 14 and under are pretty darn perverted. Amy's basically just a kid, so the whole skirt thing is permissible (though unpreferrable.) But there's no excuse for Rouge: she shouldn't be that annoyingly buxom and curvacious! Disgusting! I'm glad she hasn't had any real serious roll yet, that is to say, she hasn't had any solo games yet nor has she had any pivotal and time consuming gameplay role in any game yet, or at least no more than any other character second in importance to Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, and Silver.

Also, the guy characters' chests aren't that buff, I think that's just part of the design so they don't look like chubby or flabby little animals all with amazing agility, strength & speed. Theyv'e got to have some shape to show for it.

2. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Am I the only one who sees Rouge's appearance as a refreshing change of pace in a world of children/otherwise flat chested characters?

Rouge may be a terrible character, but at least she's nice to look at.

3. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    I wouldn't say "nice to look at", as I just can't make myself see video game characters, much moreso animated characters in general, in that way. It is a difference, though, but I find myself non-caring on the topic.

4. DTX

DTX

It's not so much that I mind Rouge looking womanly and even physically mature as it is she's that but to an extreme too disturbing to shrug off as just normal. Also, I agree with Bibin insofar as I can't ever find myself actually feeling attracted to an animated anthropomorphic video game character. It's just... too unnatural. The closest I got to feeling attracted to a video game character was when I first saw Seung Mina from Soul Caliber, because she is just so cute that it's diabolical! But even I am not so shallow to feel properly attracted to a video game character because I can't know her one-to-one as a real living, breathing person, and so because of the way that makes me feel psychologically I can't even feel fully physically attracted to one either.

But basically the important part of what I'm saying which directly affects the conversation of the designs of Sonic characters is that Rouge is a little overdone, all in all.

5. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

In what parallel dimension do you guys come from where "nice to look at" automatically means "physically attracted to"?

Damn, ya'll make it seem like I wanna bone her or something XD

6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Sonic Advance 3.

7. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

I have SAdv3, but I never noticed this.

Pics?

8. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

9. DTX

DTX

Well I don't know what you could mean by "nice to look at." It's not like having a bodaciously buxom body makes look "cool" and "hip." It just possibly makes you more attractive. So what you're saying is that you're somehow able to look at her and say, "she looks good," but without feeling any personal physical attraction to her? I'm confyuzled. Please elaborate if you care to, but don't if I'm just annoying you.

<!--quoteo(post=211718:date=Jul 28 2008, 02:27 AM:name=Tadashi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tadashi @ Jul 28 2008, 02:27 AM) [​IMG]
    There was also a close up of this sprite later in the game, iirc.
    [/quote]

That could just be excused as a horribly failed attempt at shading part of the gap between the legs. I don't know, maybe you're right. But it just seems too unnecessary and gross to need to add. So I'd rather stick with my theory, though I won't deny yours could be right too.

10. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

WTF???

I really don't know what to make of that. That's seriously one hell of an error to make....if it is one that is.

That's exactly it.

If I were physically attracted to every woman I said looked good...well...there'd be some issues XD

11. DTX

DTX

Well, I guess, now that think of it, you have a point there. Whenever I see a pretty woman I usually make a mental note and think, "huh, I guess she's objectively pretty." But I don't actually feel like, "I wish I had a girlfriend that looked like her," or anything like that. So I take back what I said: I'm not confused anymore. I can now see how you can you look at Rouge and say, "Hmm, she looks good." Sorry for misunderstanding. Though I still think she's overdone in terms of how attractive she is.

12. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    [​IMG]
    Silver Sonic owns joo! Most under-appreciated sonic doppleganger ever! The Robocop style visor is pure class, and the shiny silver and gold chasis is much sleeker than the other Metal/Mecha Sonic designs. The amorphous liquid metal spinning ball attack and the surprise claw from the chest make it a better equiped and more advanced weapon than the other models too.

Fuck you, 8-bit hating faggots.

13. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    [​IMG]

Sara, because she's not covered in fur and passed off as Sonic's possible love interest.

14. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
  15. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    I was actually wondering if someone was gonna say Princess Sara. XD Sara's design wasn't THAT bad in my opinion, she just needed to be more covered up. Geez, why do people think women have to be half naked to look nice?

16. Silver Dreams

Silver Dreams

lol, Forum Drama Member
    SCS's sig made me think, Bean was sort of a fun character. Granted he was one of those 'spur of the moment on game' characters that Sonic Team is now so infamous for, I think he was a nice comic relief. I mean, a duck throwing bombs? It doesn't really fit, but hey, its amusing.

As you can tell by my username and avatar, I'm also fond of Silver. While his design could use some work,and I agree that his 'beta designs' were in some respects better than his current design, I think he's overall a character with an interesting personality. He looks different, but not TOO different, and his naive but caring nature is a combination not normally used in the series.

17. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Sonic CD style Metal Sonic.

Heroes was an abomination and should be forgotten.

18. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Except for the part where he was a throwback to Bin and Pin from Dynamite Dux hence the subtite; he's Bean the Dynamite, presumably the "missing third player". Fighter's Megamix even had a 2p costume where he was Bin -- the blue duck. The throwing bombs was a hark back to all that as well, the same can be said for the wind-up punches the characters had.

Wikipedia link.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I believe you put "people" where "single men" is a better fit.

=/

20. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    Ah-ha-ha, you're a total riot Overlord.[/sarcasm] Those single men also need to learn that they should pick up a woman for her personality/mannerisms and not her looks, otherwise you end up with a broken, knee-deep-in-worth Star Wars figurine.

Edit/Add: And Silver Dreams, call me SCS again and you'll regret it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.