don't click here

Sonic The Hedgehog Extended Edition

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Cinossu, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Honestly don't know yet, is the answer. :P I haven't been working on S1EE much lately, been focusing more on Megamix. But don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it.

2. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Despite being the same game, layout wise, all the extra features make me really excited to play it all again. Can't wait to see the results of the Negative Emeralds. This is definately one of the, if not the, hack I'm looking forward to.

3. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    Thiiiiis in a very big manner. I think I'd have the most fun screwing around with Normal Super Sonic and Negative. I wonder if there will be paths that only certain super forms can access. Like Nega SS can go through breakable walls, IE Knuckles in S3K, and Pos SS and Norm S cant, and Pos SS can use his higher jumping ability to reach places that Neg SS and Reg S cant reach. That would add soooo much replay value to the game, espicially if the paths are unique to the character entering them, IE Neg SS path is filled with blockades and water to slow him down and alot of death pits and squish traps, and for Pos SS, alot of wide death pits and spikes since he can get hurt, and a lack of rings at that.

...I'm so full of ideas. FD

4. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Remember, there are really no "new" levels in S1EE, just short act 4s or slight modifications for second run-throughs.

5. Wetflame

Wetflame

:D Banned
    Interesting! The Training area looks funky.

6. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member

Well, I didnt mean NEW levels, but new paths in that level. Though if you meant there aren't any new paths, all I can say is, "Tis a shame."

7. PlayKareshi

PlayKareshi

The Plotmeister Member
    South Africa
    Visual Novel - Planning Stage
    Not at all. There are many other Sonic hacks available that provide new levels. I, for one, embrace the idea of Sonic Extended being basically the original game with extended features, and I love the style in which this has been done. I am still anticipating the release of the full version!

In case you were wondering, yes, the main reason I joined this forum was to cheer you on in this project, Cinossu. :blushing:

8. Sol

Sol

Your local neighborhood... something. Member
    Texas, US of A
    Waiting for my PS3.
    I can't remember if this was addressed or not, but will Super/Nega Sonic be "playable" in the level select? :x

9. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    no :P

10. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    [​IMG]
    ..?

Also, I'm editing the wiki article for s1ee lots, once it's unlocked again I'll add more.

11. Impish

Impish

that is amazing!!! I think that was worth definately taking the trial quiz for. :thumbsup:

12. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
  13. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK

14. Sol

Sol

Your local neighborhood... something. Member
    Texas, US of A
    Waiting for my PS3.
    Oh lordy.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ugh I'm sick of these fuckin teasers just tell us what the damn thing is already.

It's been more than a year and a half since we've all played this game, I think we deserve more than a title screen and ...?

16. Why do you post about it anyway if you won't reveal this to us, Cinossu? I really don't get the point... I fully agree with dark sonic here.

17. I completely disagree with that sentiment. Technically, we don't deserve anything as such - Cinossu is doing this for himself, it's his business when he wants to release it and where he wants to go with his project. It's unfair to try to pressurise him into a release - he'll work at his own pace and release whenever he sees fit, and I'm sure you'd prefer to wait for a quality release rather than get to play a buggy/incomplete release early.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm not even talking about a release, just information. No, he is not inclined to release anything, whether it be a demo, or info, or whatever. But still, I think if he posts a shot, he should tell us about what that shot is. not just write ..? LOL LET THE GUESSING BEGIN! Just then to have people come up with theories that have nothing to do with what the pic really is.

19. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    This amuses me greatly. Don't like me doing it? Ignore it. Mega Edition Extended Mix is something that was originally just a joke, but now it's something real, and the way it works is something I've been pissing about with for a while for other things too. There, that should give you more information. It's a merge, but not a project merge. That in itself should tell you exactly what it is.

The main reason why there's no information and just screens, even then not many, is because I've been working on things for Megamix a lot more than s1ee recently. I've got back into things with it now, so expect a few more updates, but again no release until I'm happy with one. Again, unlikely for a while, as quite frankly I can't show much in a demo without giving people a chance to master all the new things before the final is ready. Screens, videos, and the wiki article will have to suffice for now.

Don't like it? Deal.

20. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    Is the Robotnik mountain from Sonic CD related to the main game in any way, or is it just there because you like the image?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.