don't click here

Sonic Dream Team (New 3D Game from Hardlight, coming to Apple Arcade December 5)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Going back and looking for the rest of the collectables I missed. Stumbled across this and uh...

I do not seem to be able to make this jump.

Not the slope jump. That took a few tries to be able to do consistently, but I am talking about the jump to the platform at the end.

I've come significantly closer since that video. Touching the side of the top of the platform and then falling. But I have not made it yet. Probably tunnel visioned on it for a good half hour before deciding to come back to it later.

This is almost to the point that it's actually kind of amusing, in a strange way. Especially considering the rest of the game so far is not at all difficult, and they just stick this random sequence in here that is probably the most overly precise thing I've encountered in a Sonic game, the reward of which appearing to be a few meaningless coins.

By the way, no. Homing attacking the buzzbombers does not give you enough height to make that first slope jump. I honestly think those are just there to get you high enough to see you can make it up there.

This design has to be very deliberate. And I just find that really funny in a way.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
  2. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Surprise, Sonic Dream Team is getting an update at 2PM Pacific today. It will include a new Speed Battle mode with leaderboards, time rankings for each level, and eight new Boss Missions. The first three bosses have also been updated with "a few new moves".

According to SEGA, this is the first of three content updates that will be released over the course of 2024.

Source: Sonic Stadium

3. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I forgot to cancel my Apple Arcade sub so I guess I'll check them out.

Can't wait for the Shadow x Blaze DLC. You know it's coming.

4. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I should speak up more on this since I have Apple Arcade as a part of my iCloud package. I’ve been playing it more than Superstars as of late, but mainly due to a shitty old laptop that runs the game great only about half the time.

With that out of the way, this is Sonic Heroes 2 as I’ve truly imagined it! I think honestly, I appreciate how much more forgiving the game is when it comes to making mistakes and the “get to the end of the level under X amount of time” was the most fun I’ve had in a 3D Sonic in a LONG time. I feel like the boost is great, without being uncontrollable and the rail grinding, while a little slow at times, no longer feels threatening.

I really hope there’s a sequel or expansion to this. I feel like it’s going to sadly be a one off, never to be explored again.

In conclusion, I now understand why Sonic Unleashed is so popular (outside of the nighttime werehog levels). I finally understand this boost mechanic :V

5. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  6. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I was gonna put these on the wiki like...two weeks ago or whatever.

Never got around to it. Like three people from the game posted stuff.

7. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  8. Kyro

Kyro

Genuinely surprised this game is getting like, actual continued support. Its a decent time and im not opposed to it at all but my free ssub for apple arcade has run out and unless something elsse on the service grabs my attention im definitely not paying just to try one new level. Though there is that puyo game on arcade now...

9. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Oh, slick. Been playing weekly to get the Tails challenges but that's only about 10-15 minutes of gameplay.

Honestly, this game rules. It does such a good job scratching the 3D Sonic itch that Frontiers, while obviously being a much bigger game, didn't really even attempt to since it was doing its own thing. This feels more like a proper send-up of the Adventure/2/Heroes era without those games' problems. I hope Sega puts it on other consoles once the Apple Arcade exclusivity expires, it's definitely going to be something of a hidden gem in the series.

10. Vertette

Vertette

I'm guessing they got plans to port it over when the exclusivity deal runs out. Might as well polish it up before that happens.

11. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    Or it could be that Apple liked the work they did and the reception it got (as well as the amount of subscriptions) and want to continue giving the game support as a result.

Apple is the one funding this game. Apple isn't adding this content to help with a future console release. They just want to add to the game.

12. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member

Third game in a row to have surprisingly difficult post-game content!

13. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    That doesn't look hard. If you already aced the main campaign, this shouldn't be a problem.
    Level layouts looks ok, but kinda disappointing compared to the ones in the main game. It's pretty linear and mainly just floating platforms over a bottomless pit. The ones in the main game had a ton of little sections with a bunch of vertical layouts to run/climb/fly.

14. Yeah, I haven't played Dream Team yet but this looks pretty simple compared to what ST was doing in New Horizons. Good, but simple. I think I'll give Dream Team a good go tomorrow actually. Can anyone here say how much content there is? Like can I clear everything in a month's Apple Arcade plan playing an hour or two a few nights a week?

15. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    It's not a long game so you'll clear it long before your month is up. You can do a whole zone a night. Short but sweet.

I wouldn't bother trying to 100% every act until you've unlocked all 3 types of characters. Zone 1 has some sections that absolutely need a climb character.